test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quartermaster Batteries DOff

sgtstarfallsgtstarfall Member Posts: 205 Arc User
I've been staring at this particular type of DOff for awhile now and I'm a bit confused on what cooldowns the Batteries variant actually reduces. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Specialization:_Quartermaster

I've done some testing and put one on my active space DOff roster. From what I can tell, yes, it reduces the cooldown of any standard batteries. However, I also noted that it reduces the cooldown of "Battery Abilities" (separate from reducing cooldown of batteries). Does anyone know what abilities this refers to?

I've tried it on AuxtoBat and no, it does not reduce that CD (so don't get your hopes up). Another battery-like ability I that came to my mind was the Warp Core Cap ability...after all, a battery is just a giant capacitor anyhow. However, it doesn't seem to work on the warp core cap ability either.

I also did some digging awhile back and found that this doff does not affect the Red Matter Capacitor either. Does anyone know what these abilities refer to or if it's bugged/WAD/etc.?

Comments

• telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Going to take a wild guess and say emergency power to X abilities.

The starship batteries skill grants boosts to all of the emergency power to X type boff abilities. There's also an engineer-specific trait which claims to boost power levels when consumable or re-usable batteries are used, and that trait also boosts power levels when you use any emergency power to X ability.

Try it out with those?
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It reduces the cooldown of consumable batteries. It also reduces the global cooldown of said batteries. For both these reasons is why the purple ones are so expensive.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It also reduces the globals too?! Oh my f*** why didn't I get one!! :eek:

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • sgtstarfallsgtstarfall Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm....I don't know about EPtX abilities. I have 2 blue doffs to test that theory out. But if it does indeed reduce EPtX abilities, it could definitely improve my current build.