test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sphere of influence, when to play?

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
I simply would like to know your opinions about when is the correct time in storyline to play "Sphere of influence" as Romulan?

I was thinking just after ending Romulan storyline, before going to "Spectres"

What would you say?
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The "Correct" time to play is after you complete the mission for getting to Tier 5 Romulan Reputation. If characters are not at that point, then play whenever to get the Obelisk Carrier.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I pretty much dont care for stuff it gives but what im looking for is corerect place in timeline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »
    I pretty much dont care for stuff it gives but what im looking for is corerect place in timeline.

At the very least, tier V rom rep. Ideally, it should be the last mission you actually play after doing everything else. (and I say this as someone who has neglected all the campaign missions and isn't at tier V rom rep either)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, i see. It seems i have to familiarise myself with Rep system at this point. Been away for long time and have no knownledge of it so... Have no idea how much ranks i have if any ranks at all in that.

I read that rep marks come from missions around new Romulus so i guess i should have some at least.. Maybe... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The "Correct" time to play is after you complete the mission for getting to Tier 5 Romulan Reputation.

I'd say this is correct.

Currently in the game, the gateway on New Romulus is discovered by the player after completeing the missions tied to progressing through the Romulan Reputation tree.

However I see where the OP is coming from:

For those players who haven't worked their way through the Rom Rep missions, "Sphere of Influence" and the gateway under New Romulus is something completely new and unknown.

I think the OP is asking where in the regular mission sections "Sphere of Influence" would 'plug' into. Just as the Featured Episodes for the 'Vault' plug into the 'Romulan Mystery' section and the '2800' FE's plug into the 'Cardassian Struggle' section.

Being that "Sphere of Influence" is the pre-requisite for accessing the Voth adventure zone (which is Level 50 and higher), I'd say it would probably have to be the start of a new mission section which would come after the 'Undine Advance' section of missions.

Does this make sense? :)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would put it as the last thing after the Undine stuff, since that.

Even if you completed the Romulan rep or not, it does not factor in that you helped find the gateway,. It just says, hey so we found a gate way a few months back and this is what's been going on... oh hey look Worf.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is chronologically the very latest mission. You should technically play everything before hand and be level 50.

There are 4 missions and some cut scenes in the Romulan rep and ideally you should play these first as well, but it's not critical as they give a quick recap.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, i see. It seems i have to familiarise myself with Rep system at this point. Been away for long time and have no knownledge of it so... Have no idea how much ranks i have if any ranks at all in that.

I read that rep marks come from missions around new Romulus so i guess i should have some at least.. Maybe... :D

If you have no knowledge of the Rep system, you probably have no ranks in it.

For the record, each Rep has Five Tiers.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    quick tip to aid your romulan rep: Master epohh tagging (alway use a team so u get 30 of them tagged for 4 research) after you get epohhs raised to elder sell them back for large amounts of rep.. keep the cycle going for a few weeks and your done..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for replies, it seems i have some learning to do.

It just confuses me a bit that those missions (As far as i remember) Undine, Vault and stuff that are currently higher than all others in availability happened before new Romulus was found at all but then again did they? They came to game before legacy of Romulus, at least some of them so they "Should" be before anything else for Ro,mulans in the timeline.

All this tier 5 stuff confuses me a bit as people usually talk tiers in item progression in other games, not storyline events, im not much about gear progression but i love story progression. Heck if i could, id play the whole game with Nova :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    All this tier 5 stuff confuses me a bit as people usually talk tiers in item progression in other games, not storyline events, im not much about gear progression but i love story progression. Heck if i could, id play the whole game with Nova :)

When you complete a Tier in Romulan Reputation, a cutscene mission and regular mission is unlocked for you to do. The only exception is at Tier 5 where there is no additional mission, but a cutscene which is at the end of the Tier 4 mission. The room that the Iconian gateway is in on New Romulus for Sphere of Influence is where the Tier 5 cutscene is.

Not sure about the Dyson Reputation coming out in Season 8, but only the Romulan Reputation has story missions locked behind Tiers for the current Reputations. Essentially for all other Reputations, all of their content is available at Tier 0.
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I may never get to Tier 5 in Romulan reputation, and I wouldn't want to try to grind all the way through that before doing Sphere of Influence for any given character.

If there are story elements in the episode that depend on the reputation progress, then I'll consider that to be a partial fail on the part of the developers. Still, I like the episode, so I can easily forgive something like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This Video shows all the cutscenes of New Romulus including the initial cutscenes for landing on the planet and more importantly the cutscenes revealed for getting to each Tier in Romulan Reputation. If you are not going to do the Romulan Reputation, then I suggest you watching the video.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Reputation is still item progression. The story line stuff is quickly forgotten after you've done it lol. I personally think those cutscenes were a nice touch from cryptic.

It is a shame that the other Reputations don't have anything like it. Gives a nice break from doing the exact same content over and over again.