What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Picture of the new Carrier on GameTrailers

gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Post edited by gemetzel on

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah was suspecting it's gonna be this thing, from the Friday Screen a few weeks ago ... seems like I'm probably right ...

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/pictures/1381513903466.jpg
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Interesting design and surely must be it.

My guess is it is preserver tech (the name, the smooth shape) and they are the ones who built the sphere in the first place.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is a very unique design compared to other ships that we've had.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not bad at all, is seems an Amar ship with Gallente texture...
    Let's hope that this ship will have some firepower of its own, since its little fighters (like all fighters) will have for sure a short lifespan.

Bye / Qapla' / Jolan tru
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if it is the preservers i will name mine "The Ark"
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aww, looks like GameTrailers scooped Bran in being the first to show it off. :P

EDIT: Nope, was the plan all along :D Just waiting for the trailer to be live so I can post about it. -Brandon
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited October 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Aww, looks like GameTrailers scooped Bran in being the first to show it off. :P

EDIT: Nope, was the plan all along :D Just waiting for the trailer to be live so I can post about it. -Brandon

Aha! So then it's really gemetzel scooping GameTrailers and you!

Man that looks weird quoting myself quoting Bran. >.>
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if that is the carrier i for one LOVE the look can't wait to see the breen set look the jem'hadar set look and the reman shields look on it =D please tell me it well have a few different ship skins i don't mind if we can't kit bash it as long as we can have different skins like the avenger =D

edited October 2013
    now that i stared at the pic i just noticed either its me or not but some reason it looks smaller then the oddy lol.

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Eh, Looks kinda meh. But of course I need a better view. :P
    edited October 2013
    looks like they getting stuff ready for it cause this was just put on the patch notes by brannyflakes
    Something has been discovered under New Romulus and D'Tan would like to speak with representatives from the Romulan Republic, Federation, and Klingon Defense Force.
    Please hail D'Tan via your mission journal for more information after 10AM PDT today.
    Members of the Romulan Republic must choose to ally themselves with the Federation or the Klingon Defense Force prior to hailing D'Tan.
    RED ALERT! It's the Elachi!
    Engage and stop them (via the PvE queue, after 10AM PDT today).

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, are they releasing it today? And a new Elachi Red Alert? WTF? :confused:
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    now that i stared at the pic i just noticed either its me or not but some reason it looks smaller then the oddy lol.

It's really hard to tell how far back that Odyssey is, and the ship itself doesn't have window lines to give a sense of scale, but I got the same sense, that it's not actually that big.
  • gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It looks like a Risian Corvette to me....
    edited October 2013
    It would be kind of interesting to have a smaller carrier than the ones we have now. After all, it's an alien carrier. They may have had different design goals than the carriers we have right now. I do want to see more of it though.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am not a carrier guy, but that ship makes me want to change my mind. It is very sleek and nice looking.
    edited October 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Yeah, are they releasing it today? And a new Elachi Red Alert? WTF? :confused:

acctually a elachi red alert would make sense they are in the game so figured u would run into them i mean we have borg and tholians why not elachi lol

• lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2013
    Looks like the part, sure hope it does the part (carry 2 hangars i mean) :]

-i don't care if the ship itself turns out to be a heartless POS, as long as it has 2 hangars, i am happy... STO is the first warships game i played where the biggest carrier was the hardest ship to kill in the fleet (NO way i am sending my angled deck carrier under a mass of heavy artillery, that's what the aircraft are for)
    edited October 2013
    gemetzel wrote: »

OK!!! lets turn on the gate and cause a earthquake on new romulus again... <_< >_> but oh oh oh i heard micheal dorns voice!! and i love the carrier!!! =D

• erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That angel makes the Vessel look like a piece of a broken banister :P

Regardless the Carrier will be mine ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It looks pretty, so I'm down with it.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While I am personally not a fan of the ship design (just isn't my style), the trailer looked quite promising.
    pvp = small package
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OK!!! lets turn on the gate and cause a earthquake on new romulus again... <_< >_> but oh oh oh i heard micheal dorns voice!! and i love the carrier!!! =D

Well, when the Dewans did it, it caused a planetary volcanic eruption, wiped them out, and left the planet irradiated for thousands of years. I mean, this time it looks like it "only" caused a planetary earthquake and I'm assuming most of the population survives. So clearly an improvement. Next time it might just cause continent level devastation. We're definitely on the right track.
    edited October 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Well, when the Dewans did it, it caused a planetary volcanic eruption, wiped them out, and left the planet irradiated for thousands of years. I mean, this time it looks like it "only" caused a planetary earthquake and I'm assuming most of the population survives. So clearly an improvement. Next time it might just cause continent level devastation. We're definitely on the right track.

but it's ok cause when we touch stuff nothing BBAADDD never happens <_< >_> lol

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Look something like Ori ships if yout ask me.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been a little critical of STO in game ship design but this looks pretty sweet. :)

If that is the carrier i approve! :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • crypt1c1crypt1c1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Looks almost 2x bigger in the trailer than the oddy....wonder if it will have a unique bridge?
  • zi76zi76 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Look something like Ori ships if yout ask me.

A little bit, although the aft's significantly different.

In a sense, this mirrors the start of SGU, although it's not as if SGU didn't take their idea from Voyager, who took it from other places anyway.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited October 2013
    Pretty darn sure thats the obelisk carrier, also it does look spiffy. Can't wait to get around to playing with it. Now for those Stats Cryptic. :3