test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lifetime sub open lockbox for free

2»

Comments

• feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As a life time subscriber I do not support this idea. As has been said by many people, lock box keys are the bread and butter keeping the game running. If the game runs for two years after I bought my subscription, it was a bargain. So why try kill the game sooner?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ficr wrote: »
    Lifer's get a monthly zen stipend.

If you want to open lock boxes "for free" the option is available.

This ^^^ You beat me to it
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    feiqa wrote: »
    As a life time subscriber I do not support this idea. As has been said by many people, lock box keys are the bread and butter keeping the game running. If the game runs for two years after I bought my subscription, it was a bargain. So why try kill the game sooner?

If online gambling keeps this game running maybe it's not a game anymore, eh sport?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's only 'online gambling' if you're going into it thinking about spending real money and winning big.

I know that a lot of players, myself included, use dilithium for Zen for the keys to open lockboxes; we're not gambling and trying to win big, we're doing something to give us a break from pewpew and grind.

"Rich Dilithium Claim? Cool, now I can go to Vlugta for a few days instead of having to run my usual dailies."

"DOff mini-pack? Great, that's three whites straight up and a green to grind down, just what I needed for those Rom-Rep Scorpions"

"Trait Resequencer? Look out, Cardies, you're about to hate my Orbital Strike a whole lot more..."
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mozoha wrote: »
    And free healthcare!

It's not free if you've already paid.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At the time they were first released I would have supported this, in fact, I did and used DC Online as an example myself.

However, now the message doesn't pop up all the time lock boxes have no impact on me, other than the fact they help keep this game, which I love, ticking over.