test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Playable Voth

dragoshawdragoshaw Member Posts: 33 Arc User
With the way the devs blogs sound it sounds to me like the voth could be great as a playable race down the line not just an ai enemy race. Does anyone else feel this way?
Post edited by dragoshaw on

Comments

• Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Waiting for legit Cardassians to be playable. I got my Gorn, when I want to be reptilian for now.

I wouldn't object to the possibility though.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dragoshaw wrote: »
    With the way the devs blogs sound it sounds to me like the voth could be great as a playable race down the line not just an ai enemy race. Does anyone else feel this way?

By not portraying them as a major antagonist, I feel that they are keeping the door open for that specific concept. After all, any art assets that can be recycled is a HUGE money saver.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sure, that sounds cool. They could be Voth that reject Doctrine.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    let us see how the voth actually pan out in season 8 and not jump to conclusions; i prefer to count my chickens after they hatch.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I can see us getting Voth Bridge Officers and the devs have been harping about that Bridge Officer to Captain system for years so that could give us playable Voth without having a playable Voth faction.

As far as a playable Voth faction goes, I see it below a playable Liberated Borg faction, but above a playable Horta faction in terms of probability that we will see it.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Woha, easy...

Let them implement them as a "enemy" faction first, and then start considering other plans with them.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Romulans were a major antagonist for years and they were the first new faction we got.

IIRC, the Romulans were in the thoughts of the devs since the source code was written.:D
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would love this idea,.. but it remains to see.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Considering that even in the Voyager episode, there were Voth that were stringently obedient to Doctrine and Voth that were more open minded...

I'm going to be the second myself and remain open minded; we could have Voth DOffs, Voth BOffs, possibly Voth parts might end up in the Alien Character Creator... And maybe someday we might even have the Voth as a faction, who knows...

I mean, we had Romulan DOffs and Reman BOffs before LoR came out, we still can get Jem'hadar DOffs and BOffs, Breen DOffs and BOffs, Vorta DOffs... 'Liberated' Borg BOffs and DOffs... so if nothing else, we know that Voth BOffs and DOffs aren't out of the question, and if it turns out that enough people end up liking the Voth after getting to know them, well...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont think so. A bridge officer yes, but i dont see them adding one as a species to play.

i dont know if they are going to fall into the 'bad guy' territory and be ruled out as playable, but i cant see where they would fit in. highly unlikely we will get a voth playable faction, so why would they be added to any other faction?
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont think so. A bridge officer yes, but i dont see them adding one as a species to play.
    This.

/10char
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    At this point, Playable Voth, either as a member of an existing faction or as their own faction is highly unlikely. With the latter being VERY unlikely. For one thing, we don't really know much about the Voth, so there isn't much to add in to make it a faction.

As far as playable Voth, I doubt it will happen. Cryptic does seem to have some plans on Tribble for the Voth, which may or may not be beyond season 8, I would say a Boff is probably highly likely, but it is rare for Cryptic to take a "Bad guy" race into the game and make it playable.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Waiting for legit Cardassians to be playable. I got my Gorn, when I want to be reptilian for now.

I wouldn't object to the possibility though.

This!

Cardassians are the playable reptilian based life form I'm waiting for!

We haven't even seem them live yet and already people are talking about them being a playable race or even faction?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's like being five-years-old again and being out on the playground with the plastic dinosaurs, you know? And everyone wants to be the T-Rex...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's like being five-years-old again and being out on the playground with the plastic dinosaurs, you know? And everyone wants to be the T-Rex...
    I was actually more a Herbivore Guy. Had this giant 12-foot Brontosaurus too. That, along with the Triceratops and Stegosaurus were my collection. Think I had a Parasaurolophus too...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I bet we will see a BO Voth since there are good on Tribble

As for a faction doubtful Dominion Cardassians most likely first....but I can see them having Voth join StarFleet...and maybe the KDF as playable captains.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sure, that sounds cool. They could be Voth that reject Doctrine.

There are Voth defectors on Q'onos and ESD on Tribble.

And i wouldn't be surprised if we see Playable species unlocks in a Lockbox as second prize in the near future (maybe with limited number of generated characters per unlock).
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i would be happy with something like the FED playable klingon as far as a faction this be at they very bottom of the list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dragoshaw wrote: »

I would like to play a Voth who prescribes to the Distant Origin Theory and has left their home as a refugee for their beliefs. It would be cool :)
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good Lord! Voth aren't even in the game yet and we have the 'make 'em playable" thread already. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good Lord! Voth aren't even in the game yet and we have the 'make 'em playable" thread already. :rolleyes:

you been here long enough on this forums to know us forum ppl love to jump the gun on every thing be it the next playable faction 4th anniversary ship winter event ship we always love to jump the gun :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's just most of the guns we jump happen to be mounted to starships.