test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please dont hate me

bogarfbogarf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Ok please don't hate me but I liked all the star trek series, each in different ways. Ds9 is my fave and I really like sisko.

I also really liked the 2 jj treks and really enjoyed them, am I a bad person? I was ambivalent bout generations, loved first contact, was ok bout insurrection but quite enjoyed nemises. I will however defend to my last breath that Wrath of Kahn is the best of em all, and loath the final frontier.

Im looking forward to the new season to see how they do it, and quite like the new avenger.

Ive read bout the t5 original series connie debate but I love the t 2 connie a lot more, as there is no chance of a t 5 version of it is it silly to say id happily pay for a skin to put on any cruiser to make it look like a connie.

Yes to more Klingon stuff
Don't care bout the galaxy as it does nothing for me
Power creep is pretty normal in an mmo to generate cash for devs
Like the amount of alien ships around as its nice variation

Why cat I run around in my pants like other mmos? love to see that implemented

Ok now you can hate me all you want
Post edited by bogarf on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    Wow that is almost exactly the same opinions I have. Did one of my clones escape?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • quazar1492quazar1492 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How DARE you not hate all the things you are supposed to hate. Tolerance and acceptance have NO place in star trek.

In reality, I've found things to enjoy in all the Star Trek incarnations. There are things to dislike about all of the incarnations as well, but one of the things I learned from Star Trek is to look for the positives and even Star Trek 5 had a few good scenes.

I actually don't 100% agree with some of your personal tastes (although DS9 is becoming my fav Star Trek as I get older), but the great thing about individuality is that we can each have our own tastes and learn to appreciate the viewpoint of others, at least until the borg finally assimilate all of us.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bogarf wrote: »

You can if you play a KDF male Orion.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What do you mean, you can't run around in your pants? Have you ever visited a tailor?

Even Orion women can do it. Unless the uniform selection for female Orions is drastically restricted in game from what you can do with it in the Foundry, it is perfectly possible to have an Orion wearing actual clothes. But most gamers are male so they choose to put them in lingerie.

I took a swing at that in "Bait and Switch" with an Orion lady who's a petty officer in Starfleet Intelligence. First time you meet her, she calls the outfit she's in ridiculous. Second time, she's in Starfleet uniform and starts complaining that when she's in Orion gear there's nowhere to hide a concealed weapon and that she's always afraid she's going to have a wardrobe malfunction.

EDIT: Unless you're British and by "pants" you mean "underwear", in which case forget I said anything.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • talajtalaj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since we're airing dirty space laundry.... I think Janeway's awesome.
  • bogarfbogarf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im a scot so I mean underwear lol I love doin that in mmos, specially turnin up for a group mission in me pants lol.

I actually really like this game, will that make you all hate me?

I also really liked janeway too
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Im a scot so I mean underwear lol I love doin that in mmos, specially turnin up for a group mission in me pants lol.

I actually really like this game, will that make you all hate me?

I also really liked janeway too

I thought Scots liked to feel the breeze up their kilts a bit, so no pants :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do not be ruled by consensus. Enjoy what you enjoy, and never apologize for it.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't hate the player, hate the game. Well... um... actually don't hate either.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ignore all the ignorant haters who have nothing better to do with their time.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Wow that is almost exactly the same opinions I have. Did one of my clones escape?

Same here. Creepy actually... :D
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HOW DARE YOU!!!Liking all forms of Star Trek, liking this game!;)

If it wasn't such a refreshing idea than the usual "DOOM", and " Nerf this - Buff that" threads, I would be disgusted.:D
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    No H8

/10chars
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    YOU HAVE AN OPINION THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE?! I will not debate with you logically about it because my mentality dictates that you are now a lesser being than I am! I will resort to personal insults against you and continue to force my opinion, which is right and absolute, on others!
  • edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You hate Star Trek V, therefore you must be alright :P
  • devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kirk is my favorite captain. Data is my favorite character. Enterprise is my favorite series. Wrath of Khan and First Contact were the best movies. JJ Abrams made the next generation of fans. Star Trek Online is amazing. George Lucas is a Trekkie. Star Trek is better than Star Wars!

Oh yeah, and Star Trek V sucked.
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited October 2013
    Actually, I'm with you on the Avenger. It reminds me of an old Nelson Class battleship, not gonna win any beauty contests....but it's built for fighting and is very good at it. :D
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I actually like the way the Avenger looks, although only with the upswept pylons. It's like a blocker, beefier Connie/Oddy hybrid.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited October 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    I actually like the way the Avenger looks, although only with the upswept pylons. It's like a blocker, beefier Connie/Oddy hybrid.

Agreed. :cool:

I caved and spent some left over zen on a fleet version, and the swept up pylons is the look I went with. Not only does it grow on you, it actually looks kinda nice from certian angles. :)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
    edited October 2013
    So its ok I thought riker was a bit of an TRIBBLE an doc crusher was better that Diana??? Obviously doc crusher mourning for the newly airlocked wesly was better than dianna lol

As to pants I shall sit here in my own pants instead and my partner is givin me funny looks :eek:
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cid, put the club down....;)
    edited October 2013
    Club???? Noooooo please no pain no pain lol. Ill cover my pants honest
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I love everything to do with Trek. Except for the Ferengi, they need wiping out as fast as possible. Starting with that irritating idiot Quark and finishing with orbital bombing Ferenginar into molten slag.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
    edited October 2013
    Was also thinking that if theyre revampin the fed intro they could do like the klingon one with a death. Have wes crusher lying dead while Picard and Ryker doma sly high five in the background. Could also have data doin a moonwalk an geordie doin a fist bump that wes aint so clever now lol
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I actually dislike the JJ ST and DS9

My favorite is Voyager, TNG is ok, I never watched Enterprise and as mentioned i hate DS9. It was mostly the actors and how they delivered their lines. The main offender for me was the guy who played Sisko...the way he spoke didnt seem natural. I also hated how they stuck Worf in there partway through. There are a few other minor things with the rest of the cast. As far as story goes i hate how all of the sudden it was Dominion this, Dominion that or Gowron this and Gowron that (his bug eyes didnt help imo). Next thing you know Dominion is threatening the entire federation and Sisko the over actor has to take charge.

With the JJ movies it was ok but i rate it below all the other ST movies and only actually saw the first one JJST. For this one i also disliked how they protrayed the characters. Kirk munching on an apple during the Kobayashi Maru doing his best to be non chalant (this earned a big eye roll from me). Then there is emo-Spock and Uhura the hug machine (though she only does it once :P). What irritated me the most is that Kirk was a Cadet like many others who had to fight the bad guys. But at the end of the movie he gets command of his own starship? (this earned an ever bigger eye roll from me).

I didnt bother watching JJ ST 2 cause i disliked the first one so much, but i came close to buying it. I was walking through Walmart yesterday and i saw it on the shelf. I looked at the cover and what did i see? Kirks face in the middle, Spock right, Uhura left, Shaun of the dead far right in the back, and McCoy far left in the back, and Chekov is...Chekov is...in the movie i guess. My first though is, WTH is Uhura doing up in front of McCoy? did McCoy and Kirk have a big fight before the pic and thats why he is in the back? does Uhura hug more people in this movie then she does in JJST1? did she give Chekov the hug of death? am i over thinking this too much? I did actually think that maybe i was overthinking it, but then i started thinking about how there is a scene with a young Carol Marcus in her underwear. Which a lot of critics and reviewers thought was gratuitous. So putting Zoe Saldana up front probably wasn't an accident.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Sorry, Starfleet has put laws into motion that ban any starfleet personell from showing their chest in public, no matter if they are on duty or not.

the KDF however, dont care much, hence halfnaked gorn and orions all over the place.
    edited October 2013
    Ill bare my starfleet chesticles with pride damm you all and am i a minority that i think klingon women are well hot?
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Was also thinking that if theyre revampin the fed intro they could do like the klingon one with a death. Have wes crusher lying dead while Picard and Ryker doma sly high five in the background. Could also have data doin a moonwalk an geordie doin a fist bump that wes aint so clever now lol

um... we dont go back to the 2360's for the tutorial, none of those characters are serving on the same ship anymore, so WHY would that make any sense?

Aside form your obvious hate of Wesley Crusher.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What I've personally learned from listening to all fellow star trek fans is that star trek is bad....

See, JJ trek isn't good... and neither is enterprise or voyager.... DS9 is bad too, and TNG is also bad... and so is TOS.

Of course, I just don't believe any of them and personally I've liked all things trek.