test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Refining Cap Increase

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a start and might help some, but still punishes those who have very few to spend or those who still can't figure a good way to get them or not enough time in the day to earn good quantities.

So how would this punish those with very few to spend? Lowering prices on the Exchange would be of great help with those with limited ECs to spend. And by applying the fee only to Exchange post returns, it would mostly effect speculators and would have no effect for those who post with a price to sell...
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well, lets make it TEMPORARY :
    say for 100 zen you will get your cap increased by 1000 for 7 days.

Want permanent ? become 1000 day veteran.

And need to say i will love to see more dilitium refining veterans much more common - add them to starfleet bases (lvl 3) and few more starbases/locations.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So how would this punish those with very few to spend? Lowering prices on the Exchange would be of great help with those with limited ECs to spend. And by applying the fee only to Exchange post returns, it would mostly effect speculators and would have no effect for those who post with a price to sell...

Because with any open market prices are set by the player's, and like all player's even those with little to no creds will be trying to sell stuff. You will still have those who even manipulate the exchange by buying up stuff posted cheaper than they see fit and reposting for a bit higher. Or those who figure the best way to make more money is to sell high. Either way the ones with the millions or billions it will hardly affect, those with little it will.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ... You will still have those who even manipulate the exchange by buying up stuff posted cheaper than they see fit and reposting for a bit higher. Or those who figure the best way to make more money is to sell high. Either way the ones with the millions or billions it will hardly affect, those with little it will.

So why would adding a little 'market risk' for speculation effect those with few ECs on hand. With few ECs,on hand, these people won't be involved in attempts at market manipulation, simply because they don't have the funds to do so. And market speculators will now be faced with the additional competition from those who can't take the speculation risk and are posting with a 'price to sell'. Increased selling pressure is good for everyone except the speculator, and would be of great benefit for those with limited EC income...
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So why would adding a little 'market risk' for speculation effect those with few ECs on hand. With few ECs,on hand, these people won't be involved in attempts at market manipulation, simply because they don't have the funds to do so. And market speculators will now be faced with the additional competition from those who can't take the speculation risk and are posting with a 'price to sell'. Increased selling pressure is good for everyone except the speculator, and would be of great benefit for those with limited EC income...

Lol even I by no means have tons of EC's, and yet I find stuff cheap enough to resell to manipulate costs from time to time to make a profit. It is what it is, and largely a big reason why prices are the way they are.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• bjchiemarabjchiemara Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have 21,000+ omega marks, and 233 neural processors... After a day of converting them (honestly I got bored of watching and waiting for the 15s timer to complete over and over)

I started with 22,000+ and 292 processors before I sat down determined to convert them to dil.

A friend logged on and needed to run some STF's and my piles went back up...

I am currently sitting on 43,000+ ore left from my previous (another time months ago) attempt to convert my omega marks and processors and the mirror event where I had 200,000+ dil which I converted to zen and then back to dil again when I purchased some higher armors from a dil mine.

You can refine roughly $0.60 per day (between $0.58 ~ $0.62 depending on the market)

I don't think it would be detrimental to allow us to refine $1.00 per day.

I have no need to do any doff missions, or any missions where the reward is dilithium ore... I have in just my Omega Task Force enough dil currently to last my character his virtual lifetime.

Oh and now I'm starting to pile up Dyson Marks, Dyson commendations, and Voth Cybernetic Implants..

I was sitting on Romulan and Nukara marks but stopped playing missions that reward them a long while ago after finishing my reputations for both. Now that my Dyson is finished and I have the equipment I want from all the reputation trees, my marks are just sitting there piling up... basic huge caches of dilithium ore I can refine.

This is not including the forced rewards of ore I get when I play STF's and missions for fun or to help a friend.

I am never without ore. Days to weeks worth of refine-able ore. Refining it is the problem.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So you're obviously not talking about beginner players here... If you want to reduce the need to grind 'EC's in mass quantity' would you support a posting fee for Exchange item returns to help reduce the rampant Exchange speculation???

So, to aid people with less EC you want to whack an extra amount of EC onto every item on the exchange? You stick any EC cost on any item and all that will happen is the price will rise at that rate or more to cover it.

In fact certain items may well be removed from the exchange entirely as the market value rises back above the 500 mill EC selling cap again. (JHAS for instance, currently at a low thanks to recent promotions)

For instance, I currently make a decent EC living from turning cheap blue Doffs into white ones. My costs are 150-160k per blue Doff, and from that blue Doff I sell 9 white ones for 30k each. I'm happy because I make a very nice return on investment. My buyers are happy because as 30k EC is under market value, they can fill their fleet projects for slightly less than normal.

Better for me, better for the family.*

You stick a (example) 5k EC post fee on items and I will just put the price up by 5k EC. Makes no difference to me, I'm still selling below market value.

In fact, detailing this little trick on here will probably harm my "business" far more than a 5k EC post fee ever could as someone might think "Well, if he can make money on it, I can too." We might even see White Doff prices go down because of this because of someone trying to undercut me, and getting into a price war.

Alternatively, I might even put myself out of business because people start doing it themselves to fill their own fleet projects, I know I am, every civilian Doff gets starbase projected, I lose money on those, I may as well write off their cost entirely and swap them to Fleet credits.

My point before I ruin my little number further, is adding post fees will not help. I lose business, Newbies will actually pay more (and owing to STOs unique levelling set up, level 1 to 39 newbie used bits are the more expensive things in class on there anyway, they don't need further price rises) and those with tonnes of EC still have tonnes of EC.

* Or whatever Kirk's actual line was in Star Trek: Save The Whales.

TL;DR - Say no to EC post fees.

Edit to finish - forgot my Dil bit.

Dilithium works the same way. Some people happily grind out 8k Dil across each of their characters to convert it into Dil to get around the cap, others put up with 8k a day, others pay real money for Zen to bung into Dil. It all balances out, because Dil is a carefully nurtured resource which needs to remain at a high investment of time/money to reward ratio, as otherwise Dil becomes less valuable.

Lets say tomorrow Dil cap rises to 16k. Hooray you might think, my Dil is worth more. well it is, for a few hours while the market settles. Because when it does, your 16k Dil per Day is now worth a rate of around 270 Dil per Zen, because supply massively outweighs demand, deflating the value of Dil.

This is just basic market forces.

We most recently saw it in the Mirror Event - thousands of us spent 15 minutes per character to get that 50k Dil prize. result? Dil:Zen rose from approx. 130 Dil:1 Zen to approx. 140 Dil:1 Zen, as supply moved above demand. It is now going down again as the Mirror Universe Event Dil is spent and used up, but it isn't down to its normal place yet.

Bottom line is, Dil refine cap has to stay the same if you want your Dil to be valuable.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    czertik123 wrote: »
    well, lets make it TEMPORARY :
    say for 100 zen you will get your cap increased by 1000 for 7 days.

Want permanent ? become 1000 day veteran.

And need to say i will love to see more dilitium refining veterans much more common - add them to starfleet bases (lvl 3) and few more starbases/locations.

Veterans already have a refine increase though.
  • gamerwookiegamerwookie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While on the topic of Dilithium; I think we should be able to store it in account banks. That way we can get the most use out of them.
    For example, you exchanged as much dilithium to Zen as you can on all of your characters. But you have some left over on each character. Pooled together, you can probably buy 1 or 2 more Zen points.
    edited April 2014
    While on the topic of Dilithium; I think we should be able to store it in account banks. That way we can get the most use out of them.
    For example, you exchanged as much dilithium to Zen as you can on all of your characters. But you have some left over on each character. Pooled together, you can probably buy 1 or 2 more Zen points.

You can sort of do this already.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think what they could do about this situation is give gold members a discount on dilithium and fleet items from the stores. It would make it much easier for those of us who did pay the price to have the added value and it wouldn't affect the exchange in the slightest.
    edited April 2014
    You can sort of do this already.

Wait, what? Really?
    edited April 2014
    Wait, what? Really?

If you're a Lifer there's an NPC at the Academies that you can talk to that will refine an extra 500 dilithium for you.
    edited April 2014

Offer to buy 1 Zen for 25 Dil. (No sane person will buy at that unless you get unlucky with someone else doing the same) Switch to the character you want the Dil on. Cancel offer. Dil goes into their bit.
    edited April 2014
    At least I think it's 500. I'm not a lifer.
    edited April 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Offer to buy 1 Zen for 25 Dil. (No sane person will buy at that unless you get unlucky with someone else doing the same) Switch to the character you want the Dil on. Cancel offer. Dil goes into their bit.

Also this.
    edited April 2014
    If you're a Lifer there's an NPC at the Academies that you can talk to that will refine an extra 500 dilithium for you.

That's a veteran refiner. I'm talking about putting Refined Dilithium in an account bank for all of your character to use. Like depositing energy credits. Except it's dilithium.
    edited April 2014
    That's a veteran refiner. I'm talking about putting Refined Dilithium in an account bank for all of your character to use. Like depositing energy credits. Except it's dilithium.

I quoted the wrong question, the other guy explained it better.
    edited April 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

Ah.
    I still think we should be able to put it in account banks though. Would be a lot easier.
    And latinum too.
    edited April 2014
    I quoted the wrong question, the other guy explained it better.

Thank you.

The above said, I would like to have a Dil bank bit in the account bank put in, it would be far safer than the above technique.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can all probably forget any permanent increase to the 8,000 Dil per day. Dilithium is the most controlled aspect of the game by Cryptic, I mean it is connected to Zen so it obviously needs to have some control.

Though they could do a day or two event where you can refine like 12,000 (or 16,000) in a day. It would kind of be like an XP event or something. But as far as unlocking more Dil refining with Zen (I don't mean trading Zen to Dil) it's not going to happen as it would be counter-intuitive for them.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited April 2014
    you can already increase the amount of dilithium you can make per day.
    just buy extra character slots and make more characters.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This idea has been floated around atleast a hundred times, and shot down an equal number of times. Flak batteries, open fire.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
    edited April 2014
    If you're not in a fleet with a T3 Dilithium Mine I recommend you do so quickly.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you're not in a fleet with a T3 Dilithium Mine I recommend you do so quickly.

This. Big time.

The Fleet Dilithium Mine was one of the better moves Cryptic made.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    So?

How would refining 24000 dil a day change the market as opposed to 8000 dil a day? To be honest, as I see it, there would be a slight increae in the rate of massive transactions, but that would lead to happier players who have to wait less to build their Zen up.

all the people that cant wait is how they make the MONEY. selling zen for cash
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• rorytshollrorytsholl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think that it would be a terrible idea, I know as a lifetime subscriber you can refine an additional 1000 dilithium on earth’s academy with the bridge officer assignment every 20 hours as well; so 9k dilithium refined each day it quite acceptable. I understand that waiting stinks but this is a game that has been changed to f2p and unless you are willing to pay for Zen to convert to Dilithium or farm it like the game originally wanted stop the whining. I have to earn and refine dilithium like everyone else and I hate it sometimes but I tough it out.
  • natasha2525natasha2525 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    I was doing a bit of thinking last night...and I realized something.

-We can increase our Inventory with C-Store purchases
    -We can increase out EC cap with a C-Store purchase
    -We can increase our doff cap with C-Store purchases.
    -We can add an account bank with C-Store purchases.
    -We can increase our boff cap with C-Store purchases.
    -We can increase our ship cap with C-Store purchases.
    -We can increase our toon slots with C-Store purchases.
    -We can increase our bank cap with C-Store purchases.

However...despite all that...we cannot increase our Dilithium refining limit with C-Store purchases. I wonder why? Who else would like to see Dilithium refine limite increase tokens going in increments of somewhere between 2000 and 8000 pur purchase (up to 4 purchases)?

They have that Fleets can refine 500 dilithium every 24 hours and life timers get a 2k dilithium every two days i think.

Any ways just thout id share that info.

But ya incress the cap from 8k to a 10k or 25k would help with there over priced upgrade system.
    Hurts those of us with only one charactor and who are not crafters and dont like crafting or having alts...
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They have that Fleets can refine 500 dilithium every 24 hours and life timers get a 2k dilithium every two days i think.

Any ways just thout id share that info.

But ya incress the cap from 8k to a 10k or 25k would help with there over priced upgrade system.
    Hurts those of us with only one charactor and who are not crafters and dont like crafting or having alts...

Its an extra 500 dil every 20 hours for the dil mine doff mission and 1000 for veteran reward mission at the academy which runs for two days.
    If they raised the dial refining cap regardless of the crafting system. Because not everyone would use it. The zen exchange would sky rocket and cryptic zen sales would crash. As a previous poster has said this has been raised multiple times before. The most recent was a few weeks ago. If you need or want extra refining capacity roll more toons. Its not hard to make dil in this game if you know the ins and outs of it and leveling a new toon takes a matter of days if not hours.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How about we lower the dilithium prices of everything by 20 % instead?

That way, even people that don't reach the cap right now benefit. If you raise the cap, the game will definitely be more hostile to casuals, which so many pretend to worry about. They still have to pay the same amount of Dilithium, but they don't actually get more Dilithium, because they rarely, if ever, reach the cap.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.