test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elite space STF more idiots than ever?

2»

Comments

• shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As for Khit i often take probe duty on one side just so i know its getting done, but to be fair i can pull a cube and handle probes like a boss.

I do similar although I fly a Sci/Sci build: Wells, time set, choniton torps, GW. While I can hold an arbitrary number of probes all day, my DPS is not at a point where I feel comfortable both playing goalie -and- taking down transformers/nodes/cubes by myself. I should look into ways to up that.
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There should be a limit on joining ESTFs until you have done 20x of the NORMAL level for that given category STF and at LEAST 5 of the normal for that map. So you can't join Cure Elite until you've done 20x space NORMALS, and at least 5 of those had to be Cure Normal.

Wouldn't be an effective barrier.

Tactics are completely unnecessary on Normal Space (and who does ground anymore? Requires far too much thought). As long as one or two people shoot the right thing, the mission will probably stagger through and Captain Gary Stu of the USS AWESOMESAUCE will not realise he's doing a thing wrong and toddle into Elites. But with an added, extra thick skull because he thinks he's been doing something right to get to Elites in the first place.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Better to stagger through than to be totally hindered by one absolutely unready moron. Like I said, I had an example of a guy dying 15x and trying to take on the cubes before the nanites. SOLO.

It would cut down on a lot of the idiocy, methinks. Not all of it, but enough to let you get by.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How exactly is this different than it was a year ago...? Or two years ago?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    Had a fun one today, 1 Avenger hits full impulse and does a circle plus sticks to the invisible wall behind spawn, 1 veteran ship parked at spawn needing, 1 obviously without a clue but atleast tried and stuck with the group pops a generator while 1 other was at 100%. and me and 1 other lonely player who got ours down to 10% and aimed to the last one when pop here comes spheres. Needless to say the one new player died allot leaving us with every sphere taking turns tachyon and torping us.

Yup reported AFK leech 1 and 2 then said in team chat "2 Leech so I am eating a leavers penalty. Have fun!" Back on ESD the other player that was good and playing it PM's me saying they ate one as well.

But good news an hour later the pug had 10 minutes on the optional left when the event was completed and I did my Tau Dewa patrol and aid deferi daily between them so no lost time with the penalty. Sometimes you get bad luck and get the worst a pug can offer and sometimes the mission is completed with optional ridiculously fast. I just dont pug CSE anymore because it fails most of the time and do probe duty in KSE when pugging.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek: