test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ker'rat Drop rate

sitheachsitheach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
It was nerfed? Where's this in the dev log?
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
Post edited by sitheach on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I haven't seen anything about them nerfing it. Don't hang around General Discussion, so I'm not sure if anybody else posted about any sort of nerf.

There have been countless threads about how lucrative (possibly overly lucrative) Ker'rat farming could be...but still have to figure if they were going to change it, they would have made mention of it.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    There's no doubt it's been changed. There's just no mention of it anywhere.

Twas a ninja nerf. Cubes drop single batteries at least 25% of the time now.

Now if you pay attention to the market and wonder 'why the heck are the prices going up' -- This is why.
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. ~ Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Heh, getting batteries - well, that sounds like what I normally get and one of the reasons I never farm in there. I've seen folks link things they gotten, but I've never gotten anything even worth heading to Drozana to vendor...it's always batteries, commodities, or common/uncommon TRIBBLE. Wait, a week or so ago my target got popped while all my presents were still on the way...so there was a Blue Drop! It was a Mk X Inertial Damps. Um, yeah - I'm far better off just about doing anything but Ker'rat for EC. Not going to list them, because if Cryptic did nerf Ker'rat - I don't want them to nerf what I do!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Used to take me about 20 minutes to fill my inv, now it takes 40. Yessir.

But people can still insta-queue to escape death and insta- /logout. Good thing they addressed the only issues the matter to them and not us.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why in the funky funk would they nerf the loot drops in Ker'rat? Were there reports of people having too much fun doing what they actually want to do? :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sitheach wrote: »
    Used to take me about 20 minutes to fill my inv, now it takes 40. Yessir.

Once a day, 10 minutes - make 500k-1m EC doing something else.
    Unlimited times a day, 10 minutes - make 200k-500k EC each time doing something else.
    Multiple times a day, gated replay, varying times to completion - make 100k-4to5m+ EC each time doing something else.

Ker'rat/N'vak have never been kind to me in that regard. I usually go there because I need a break from the plethora of grinds in the game...and...well, for the zone chat. Ker'rat zone chat should be available in read-only form anywhere in the game!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    N'vak is that the klink place that feds can't go that's similar to ker'rat drops? Was its rates nerfed..? Do I need to have a klink to make EC again..?
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait kerrat was a market driver ? Since when.

Nothing good ever drops from kerrat never did...

Sci and Engi Consoles have been replaced.

The only tac consoles worth money come from doff missions.

Weapons... lockboxes.

Def/Shields/Engines... fleets.

Frankly not sure why anyone would use kerrat to try to make ec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Wait kerrat was a market driver ? Since when.

Nothing good ever drops from kerrat never did...

Sci and Engi Consoles have been replaced.

The only tac consoles worth money come from doff missions.

Weapons... lockboxes.

Def/Shields/Engines... fleets.

Frankly not sure why anyone would use kerrat to try to make ec.

lol, you're funny. Spend some time in there and get mk12 consoles. I've got 5x plasma and 1 ruptor so far.. *purps*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lol, you're funny. Spend some time in there and get mk12 consoles. I've got 5x plasma and 1 ruptor so far.. *purps*

Well thats nice then still a waste of time if your planning to make EC go sit beside a exchange terminal it works better.

I don't spend my time in kerrat shooting at borg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well thats nice then still a waste of time if your planning to make EC go sit beside a exchange terminal it works better.

I don't spend my time in kerrat shooting at borg.

What a good idea. If everyone did like you, there'd be no merchandise on the exchange to begin with. We can't all be leeches. Some of us have to be bread earners.

Anyway, cheers to monetization and no bug / gameplay fixes! :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What a good idea. If everyone did like you, there'd be no merchandise on the exchange to begin with. We can't all be leeches. Some of us have to be bread earners.

Not really wanting to get in between you two here...but uh...Hus makes oodles of money in other means and sees no reason to waste time in Ker'rat. That's not quite the same thing you think he's saying by suggesting if everyone did like him...meh, oh well.

He makes oodles elsewhere. I make more than enough elsewhere. There's a great supply of things coming from elsewhere - much of it is actually being stockpiled so the market's manipulated to bring them the most profit.

When you search for X, just because there's only 10-15 X on the Exchange does not mean there are only 10-15 X waiting to be sold.

Frankly, the number of folks farming Ker'rat in comparison to the number of folks farming goods/EC in other manners...it's miniscule. Which I believe was the other point Hus was trying to make in regard to Ker'rat affecting the market...

...and I've still got the issue of what you're calling a nerf - well, that sounds like what it's always been to me and why I've never bothered farming Ker'rat. Ker'rat farming's always been Ker'rap farming for me in comparison to the plethora of other things I could be doing to make EC or get gear that I might have needed the EC for in the first place.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Anyway, cheers to monetization and no bug / gameplay fixes! :confused:

I'm sure your lame grind is providing a lot to the exchange.

The only people who do that are newbies to making EC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    I'm sure your lame grind is providing a lot to the exchange.

The only people who do that are newbies to making EC.

Really? You can make more than 300m ec in 2 weeks~month elsewhere?

Sure, if I had multiple characters I could do similar without ker'rat. But I don't. And I won't.

The drop rate being nerfed here is a direct correlation with how much us "newbies" can make the market speak. It's nerfed because people can get enough EC in there in a month to buy a lobi ship from the exchange even if they half-assed it.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can someone point to a thread on "doing it right"? It turns out I have discovered I have certain materialistic needs and wish to read up on the right way.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Can make ~5-9m in about an hour a day. 30 days, that's 150-270m. Could make more doing other things, definitely...but that's just sitting on the spacebar while flying in circles and watching TV...it's like zero attention required.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Sure, if I had multiple characters I could do similar without ker'rat. But I don't. And I won't.

The drop rate being nerfed here is a direct correlation with how much us "newbies" can make the market speak. It's nerfed because people can get enough EC in there in a month to buy a lobi ship from the exchange even if they half-assed it.

I make 20-50mil ec a day... no I am not a leech... I am a market facilitator. lol

I turn that Ec back over buying lockbox ships form people spending money on keys... I open boxes myself with keys I buy from people for EC I make thanks to my superior market know how.

Yes SB24 Entity STFs DOFF missions provide 10x as much gear no one buys to the exchange yes.

The vast majorty of the stuff you get dropped to you there is vender trash. For the hours you spend there farming for the odd mk xii console you could have farmed more from the actual PvE maps. Instead of just existing in the PvP map.

I do go to kerrat but its to PvP cause... you know its a PvP map first and foremost. Know one that goes there to PvP much cares what drops out of a cube.

The thing with all that stuff... is its all junk. Stuff people really buy comes out of lockboxes... take the EC you have made invest it into driving the market there. You'll make a lot more money and after awhile you can do like me... spend 5min a day on 5 or 6 toons and turn over 20-50mil a day in profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited October 2013

lol if I really pushed it on the ex, I could make that in my sleep.

I have everything in the game, so I don't give a TRIBBLE about playing the ex as much as before. But just in 15 mins or TRIBBLE around daily I'm making millions.

And I don't have to run that awful map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The thing with all that stuff... is its all junk.

Yep, my wee pauper's wage thing is just certain vendor trashing deflectors/engines/shields/cores...

...which goes to the fleet/rep grinds and buying lockboxes. Lockboxes where there's a 99.99% chance that I'm just going to get 4 Lobi and Common DOFF pack with garbage in it. I only open them for the Lobi though, so outside of wishing that I was getting 5 instead of 4...can't really complain.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I make 20-50mil ec a day... no I am not a leech... I am a market facilitator. lol

I turn that Ec back over buying lockbox ships form people spending money on keys... I open boxes myself with keys I buy from people for EC I make thanks to my superior market know how.

Yes SB24 Entity STFs DOFF missions provide 10x as much gear no one buys to the exchange yes.

The vast majorty of the stuff you get dropped to you there is vender trash. For the hours you spend there farming for the odd mk xii console you could have farmed more from the actual PvE maps. Instead of just existing in the PvP map.

I do go to kerrat but its to PvP cause... you know its a PvP map first and foremost. Know one that goes there to PvP much cares what drops out of a cube.

The thing with all that stuff... is its all junk. Stuff people really buy comes out of lockboxes... take the EC you have made invest it into driving the market there. You'll make a lot more money and after awhile you can do like me... spend 5min a day on 5 or 6 toons and turn over 20-50mil a day in profit.

That's cool. But now the population has dwindled and there's no real pvp action. Because there's no incentive anymore. And it's a PVP zone to a klink. Feds have no idea or indicator that it's primarily a pvp zone in any which way other than being ganked and figuring it out. It's PVE zone for feds. And a dying one now. If i'm wrong, then where's the quest for killing klinks? There's not one. It's for killing borg.

I still make 1m ec each run minimum. Which isn't bad, it just takes twice as long. Which IS bad.

And btw, I won't make any more chars for anything other than recruiting. That's just me. Lotta folks won't make more for any reason. And I don't blame them!
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I make 20-50mil ec a day... no I am not a leech... I am a market facilitator.

You should also disclose the fact on certain days, you could be losing as much as 30-60 mil ec a day for speculating the exchange wrong given that it's impossible every single of your bet turns out to be correct. So when you average it out, your actual earning is far less than what you claim it here.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    iskandus wrote: »
    You should also disclose the fact on certain days, you could be losing as much as 30-60 mil ec a day for speculating the exchange wrong given that it's impossible every single of your bet turns out to be correct. So when you average it out, your actual earning is far less than what you claim it here.

I don't bet... I invest in sure things. The only time I loose EC is when I blow it on some hair brained build... my banks are full of weapon sets and gear. lol

Really working the exchange doesn't have to be risk reward... people that do stupid things like try to push weapon types up 3x what there worth are asking to get taken yes.

We all know the Tale of Rickey Bobby and his 5 toons banks filled with phaser consoles. lol :)

Small increments are the way to make real money... I would rather have 100 sales at 50k with zero risk then 5 at a million each with risk attached.

There are at least 6 different things I will do depending on the day on the exchange that are all zero risk. As there is really no way to not at least make 10-20% if everything goes sideways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My technique for maximizing my Ker'rat/exchange turnover rate is as follows:

1. Keep only sure sellers - Engines/Deflectors/Shields/Weapons Consoles - and just recycle the rest. Most times I can get 70-80% of the exchange price for a non-VR item just by deleting it from inventory. Saves on trips to ESD which is where you lose the most time while farming.

2. Define a set of baseline prices for sure sellers and stick to your formula. Mark XI Uncommon Engine? 30K. Mark 12? 32K. Mark XI Rare? 39K. Mark XII Rare? 43K, etc., etc. Following this model I can move dozens of these items through the exchange in a very short time (volume is they key here).

Supplement the above with occasional Mark 12 Rare Induction Coil (6-7M ec) or Plasma Infuser (3-5M ec) and you can easily get your daily total into the 10-15M range. It's how I pulled 150M ec or more out of Ker'rat in less than a month playing just a few hours a day.

So far, Ker'rat has paid for 4x Mark 12 VR Phase Modulators (17-20M each), Marion (20M), Keel'el (5M), my RSP Doff (5M), Dlyrene (8M - total waste of ec!), and a bunch more stuff along the way. Also bought my son 5 FSMs (25M) so he could get an FAHCR like mine. :)

3. Be good at farming. It takes practice to master the timing of the drop cycle. Knowing how quickly various hulks will re-appear and where they're located will help you plan our course through the field. Combine this with a strong ship that can take on multiple cubes, spheres and probes (along with defending against the occasional gank), and you can clean-up in Ker'rat.

Anyway, that's how I do it... :)

RCK
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Once a day, 10 minutes - make 500k-1m EC doing something else.
    Unlimited times a day, 10 minutes - make 200k-500k EC each time doing something else.
    Multiple times a day, gated replay, varying times to completion - make 100k-4to5m+ EC each time doing something else.

Foundry.
    Elite STFs/Solo Private Queue Starbase 24 with Feedback Pulse build.
    Tour of the Universe.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    First of all.. ixnay on all the methods to gaining ec unless you want them nerfed

secondly... I thought solo sb24 had been removed?
  • Options
    neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yesterday I had a purple mark XII Plasma tac console drop from a hulk.

And I am always getting blue mark XII unbound polaron tac consoles... Also, stay away from Zero of nines hulks! They're mine!
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2013

can i get a loan? lol j\k :P
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can make ~5-9m in about an hour a day. 30 days, that's 150-270m. Could make more doing other things, definitely...but that's just sitting on the spacebar while flying in circles and watching TV...it's like zero attention required.

really though, what's the fun is that? at least in kay'rot, there is the thrill of possibly getting ganked ^^

sith, i don't think it's been nerfed, there just has been an influx of farmers lately and competition for resources is higher.

i can make in one hour of farming 10-20 million ec easily. just get a faw boat, sit in the middle and faw the TRIBBLE out of everything! ^^ scrap EVERYTHING except mk12 beams, some dhc's, and tac consoles. seriously, going to the vendor to gain an extra 5k for a a deflector or engine just means you are not getting drops, therefore losing money. after one hour only i have a mil in scrap and several things to take to the exchange.

yes there are other ways to make ec, sometimes a lot more. imho those ways are either just not fun, or require a base of 100mil or more.

anyways, hf\kill bad guys :)
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    secondly... I thought solo sb24 had been removed?

You can solo Starbase 24 just as you can solo almost any other PvE group mission. The time it takes is just increased from 5 minutes to 10-15 minutes. It's not the best way to get EC, but at least it's consistent. What Cryptic removed was the ability to solo Starbase 24 on absurdly low difficulty levels. For example, a team of 20 vice admirals fighting Lt. level 5 NPCs, finishing the entire mission in under a minute and a half. People didn't do this for the Energy Credits, they did it due to the fact that they could get 480 dilithium with almost no effort.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)