test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Shard Pet on CE event

zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
Hopefully I'm not alone here but I was rather disappointed at the fact that the crystal shard non combat pet was not given out as a reward for this version of the Crystalline Entity event.

The last event where they gave out the pet was just before the Legacy of Romulus release so Romulan character were not around and therefore not able to get it then and this time you gave out a duty officer instead of the pet. I have hundreds of duty officers and in a week I probably won't even remember which one I just got from the event where as the crystal shard pet is a little more unique and while it may be rather useless as an item, it is a visible symbol of the effort of doing the 14 runs on the event.

My request is that for the next CE event, could you please bring back the shard pet as a reward. A few options could be to give players a choice of either the duty officer or the shard pet, have both items as part of the reward at the same time or alternate between them each time the event returns.
***Sausages for All***
Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
Post edited by zebramaniii on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You got a DuOff instead...

The project clearly indicates the rewards given out, so I am not sure how you could have missed it.

But no worries... Knowing Cryptic, it will be back eventually.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    You got a DuOff instead...

The project clearly indicates the rewards given out, so I am not sure how you could have missed it.

But no worries... Knowing Cryptic, it will be back eventually.

I did not miss anything, I was well aware of the rewards for the current version of the event before I started it. My complaint was not that they gave me a different reward to what was stated but that I was disappointed that they did not give out the same reward as last time as I have the pet on most of my max-level characters but not on my Romulan.
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • dpsmafiadpsmafia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I received a pet on my KDF reman toon for this event..
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The answer to your issue was to queue up the old mission before the new CC event went live. I did that on 11 of my level 50 characters and I am now working on getting as many shards as possible for the "current" event as well as adding the current event to all of my non 50 characters for next time. That is just in case they change the rewards again. :)
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • quazar1492quazar1492 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wanted the pet too, but oh well. I do wish they would let up pick our reward as an option.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DOFF > non-com pet
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The answer to your issue was to queue up the old mission before the new CC event went live. I did that on 11 of my level 50 characters and I am now working on getting as many shards as possible for the "current" event as well as adding the current event to all of my non 50 characters for next time. That is just in case they change the rewards again. :)

Not an option for characters created after the event closed last time.

It would have been nice to have the old project still exist as an option, or have just the pet all by itself as a 5-shard project for those who complete the main project but didn't have it already from last round.

dunno.

I'll survive without it, but also can see why it would be nice.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My Romulan has the shard pet.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DOFF > non-com pet

Strangely my Romulan got the Non Combat Pet and no Doff :confused:

I put in a ticket for the doff but since it can be traded and is already on the Exchange I'll just pick one up from there if needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]