test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crystalline Cataclysm Project Bug

somadmansomadman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have completed the 14-day Crystalline Cataclysm Event and received my reward. Today I tried to complete the Event again to complete the single day project that gives 2k dil but the Event Tab will only let me slot the 14-day project. I even wasted a day's Crystal Shard by cancelling the project in the hopes that it will let me slot the single day one.

It is a minor gripe at best since there are other ways to make dil but not having the option of making an instant 2k + marks kinda sucks.

I've already submitted a ticket about this but I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue, if I have any hope of it being fixed.
Post edited by somadman on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    My posts on this page should help answer any concerns: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=864111&page=23

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah you can only complete the 14 day event once. When complete there is a daily bonus event which grants you the 2k dilitium etc. As stated in Brandons link :)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah you can only complete the 14 day event once. When complete there is a daily bonus event which grants you the 2k dilitium etc. As stated in Brandons link :)

Actually:
    If you slotted a Crystalline Entity reputation project on your new character from anytime after they were made in July until before maintenance on 9/26, you slotted the old project (it was still available to slot, even though you could not collect shards to input). Now that you've completed it (you would have received 50K Dilithium Ore, 1K Fleet Marks and the Crystal Shard pet), you have access to the new 14-day project that rewards 50K Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 pick-a-mark Box and the special Duty Officer upon completion.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So if you slotted the old project that awarded the crystal shard pet before the day the event started this time, then completed the old 14 day project, the only project available would be the new 14 day project that awards the doff. You won't see the repeatable project until the second 14 day project is complete, and at this point there wouldn't be enough time to finish the second 14 day project.
  • Options
    morpheous7morpheous7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Posted the same message in the other link.

I got the same issue as somadman- but hadn't slotted the old project (otherwise I would have been expecting the old project rewards) so that's not the explanation.

Also tried this AFTER they implemented the bug-fix for the mark package in this release.

Will try again tomorrow on another character.
  • Options
    somadmansomadman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually:

So if you slotted the old project that awarded the crystal shard pet before the day the event started this time, then completed the old 14 day project, the only project available would be the new 14 day project that awards the doff. You won't see the repeatable project until the second 14 day project is complete, and at this point there wouldn't be enough time to finish the second 14 day project.

Got it monkeybones. I was wondering why i have a shard pet instead of a purple doff.

And thanks for the reply bran.