test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avenger Class Battle Cruiser Now Available!

124»

Comments

• beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    orondis wrote: »
    Some people have more money than sense... Like that guy who spent over $1000 per month on STO.

yeah i saw that post and just about spit my drink all over my moniter good god does the guy not have bills to pay? geesh i for one went the dil to zen way and i love the ship just wish it didn't look so small i swear my risa corvette is a tad bit bigger >_<

• sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kylelocke wrote: »
    I know it has been said before but the Avenger is ugly and I don't buy the excuse that it was an attempt to make it look like more of a 'gunship' and in all seriousness in terms of aesthetics it is ugly pile with the Regent and Venture. Just because it is supposed to look like a gunship doesn't mean the lines have to be sacrificed, look at the warship Voyager from the episode 'Living Witness' which was turned into a gunboat. Voyager was essentially bristling with weapons and still managed to keep much of its 'elegant' design intact. While I do not mind the saucer section and think that the nacelles are awesome, while the primary hull(including the main offender which is the deflector), pylons and neck need redesign. Looking at it from an angle, one can plainly see that it looks like it has just been piece together because there is no flow to the look and don't compliment each other in style. The pylons, the hull and the neck of the ship clash in terms flow, because of the neck it looks like the hull and pylons are just begging to be swept back and thus wants to go against the 'gunship' look that the designer was going for.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    A question remains: Why do you people just buy that thing anyway despite it being so horrible? :D

Vulcan response: Then the logical suggestion to YOU would be to NOT purchase this ship.

Human engineer response: Those Princess ships might be pretty on the outside but they're a mass of spaghetti inside! It's best to have a ship that is simple and to the point inside so the crew can get the job done. On the outside, you want a ship that looks serious, so the enemy will think twice before doubting the Cap'ns warnings. That's the kind of ship you want, otherwise go book your self on one of those luxury liners over there!

Starship Salesman response: Ok, Sir, this is apparently not YOUR thing... lets just move over to the "streamline" ships section over here... Now they cost a little more to maintain, in crew and resources, but if style is what you want, these are IT!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Then this was obviously not adressed at you :p:D

I mean something like "Oh the Avenger is stupid, just a cash grab, it totally contradicts Star Trek lore... okay, I bought it, and..." :D

because content is still a DPS race and its better for that than any other cruiser
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I purchased her and the fleet version for my engineering toon, who originally was tanking with a Plasma-Odyssey.

I am very happy with the decision.

Slightly more maneuverable (mind you anything faster than the Oddy is more maneuverable), forward facing carnage, and slightly less tanky - she is a lot of fun to play.

The console is 'interesting', but not a game changer.

Short, stout, and looking like an Oddy has mated with a Vesta - the Avenger is fugly, but in a nice way. Reman shields make her look fat.

Oh and to the fanboys out there: She's not this universe's version of the JJ dreadnaught. If she was she's have 8 side mounted torpedo launches per side. Now THAT would be a monster.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I purchased her and the fleet version for my engineering toon, who originally was tanking with a Plasma-Odyssey.

Slightly more maneuverable (mind you anything faster than the Oddy is more maneuverable), forward facing carnage, and slightly less tanky - she is a lot of fun to play.

Short, stout, and looking like an Oddy has mated with a Vesta - the Avenger is fugly, but in a nice way. Reman shields make her look fat.

Oh and to the fanboys out there: She's not this universe's version of the JJ dreadnaught. If she was she's have 8 side mounted torpedo launches per side. Now THAT would be a monster.

plus if she was this universes version of the vengence wouldn't she be bigger then a risa corvette heck i think the vengence is about the size of the oddy isn't it? the avenger is ssmmaaallll as i said before my risa vette is a tad bigger from the side angle lol.

• proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i plan on buying one next week yes she isn't the prettiest girl at the ball but i bet she has one helluva right hook . now if only my photon point defense console from my armitage would synergize with her plus my defiant cloak now that would ne my idea of a party noat guranteed to bring down the house
  • malo4of7malo4of7 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Avenger is full of details... for example the Phaserarrays...my oddy only has a black line :-(
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I have been considering for my eng. My Tac (who once fley the Failaxy X) has been loving the fleet variant I may get another fleet module to put it on my eng too, its not pretty but its not meant to do pretty things...:cool:
  • goku5030goku5030 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    yeah i saw that post and just about spit my drink all over my moniter good god does the guy not have bills to pay? geesh i for one went the dil to zen way and i love the ship just wish it didn't look so small i swear my risa corvette is a tad bit bigger >_<

1000 on sto O_o wow.. most I spend on this game is .. 100 bucks buying ships little bye litle
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The incredible new Avenger Class Battle Cruiser is now available in the C-Store!

Learn more about it, and its Fleet counterpart, in this Dev Blog.

And now is time to do ships for kdf. And when in it, more missions, clothes, some budles (like fed ds9, tos) will be nice too.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    And now is time to do ships for kdf. And when in it, more missions, clothes, some budles (like fed ds9, tos) will be nice too.

so you want ship mesh/texture error's on the kdf ships ? , the kdf ships have always had better textured ships ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well rather new klingon ships with few grapical errors, than no new ships at all.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    An angry, blood soaked pelican of DOOM maybe. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • haelstormhaelstorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    im really thinking of buying this ship. i bought a vesta pack long ago and will feel like im rejecting her now. im building up dilithium to buy the zen, but im so itching to buy it with my credit card now...i also want a t'varo retrofit for my rom character so my mind is split. the avenger just sound so awesome. it looks like a space ship, so why badmouth it left and right. a army tank looks ugly too, but strikes fear in anybody and can destroy anything. so stop with how a ship looks like and focus on what it can do. That said im mostly using my assault cruiser refit with all rom beams coz of plasma bonuses from sets and science plasma infused consoles. plasma tact consoles . So what i want to know is, if i get an avenger and mount Rom DBB and rom torp or wide angle torp, will that be a devasting killer build ? also got nukara console that give 10% beam accuracy, got tachyo converter (which ups my turn rate also) and zero point, so got good crit rate too, got borg console of course and got point defense in bank. add in dil mine eng consoles with structural integrity stat and got good hull too. what do you guys think of such a build on avenger? and what other consoles should i get ? (Lobi store, exchange consoles like plasmonic leech and so on)....oh and i just bought the ship :)
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »

Ok, so we'll change the light bulbs inside from blue to red and paint it green! There you go!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tired of the one i want being fleet only. everything good is fleet only. i hate that drama in those fleets. just too many bad ones, too many...
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tired of the one i want being fleet only. everything good is fleet only. i hate that drama in those fleets. just too many bad ones, too many...

Sounds like you need to find a better fleet. There are plenty out there that don't have problems with drama-rama.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What this ship needs is a bigger (more wide) saucer. Seriously that narrow and fragile looking egg shaped saucer ruins the whole "muscle" look of that ship.

I'd rather like to see a alternative saucer, maybe one like Perpetuals Excalibur class has.
    Example

If we are at it, i'd love to see Perpetuals Excalibur Class as alternative ship model for the Avenger added.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2013
    the Avenger is too small

( seriously )
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jellico1 wrote: »
    the Avenger is too small

( seriously )

Refer back to Starfleet's construction patterns from the shows. When Starfleet builds to impress, they construct huge multirole vessels like the Galaxy-class that I have been known to refer to as "flying hotels with guns". They're certainly capable in combat but they're also used for a lot of other things, particularly diplomacy (which is one of the places looking impressive is important).

But when Starfleet builds pure combat vessels, they tend to wind up beefy and compact, like the Defiant (171 meters), or on a larger scale, the Prometheus (414 meters).

The Avenger is the pure combat mindset applied to the Starfleet cruiser, whereas (for example) the Odyssey-class follows the multirole model.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/