test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Audio Clips all over the place

hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In game I keep on hearing random audio clips from missions (usually the KDF ones) in social areas, IE DS9, ESD, Drozana, Q'onos, etc. It's usually the KDF promotion to general, that annoying Ferengi from the KDF tutorial (now I want to punch him even more than before), and also quotes from "What Lies Beneath", usually the Bonnie-kin ones.

Very annoying.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
Post edited by hereticknight085 on

Comments

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Apparently it is someone in-game griefing.
  • mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Apparently it is someone in-game griefing.

That's apparently a common opinion going around but it's not true. Too many people are hearing it in too many places (including loading screens and the login screen when not even logged in) for this to be the case. Some random poster said they thought that was the issue and now everybody and their mother jumped on the bandwagon.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mbp101287 wrote: »
    That's apparently a common opinion going around but it's not true. Too many people are hearing it in too many places (including loading screens and the login screen when not even logged in) for this to be the case. Some random poster said they thought that was the issue and now everybody and their mother jumped on the bandwagon.

I don't know. Last night someone in DS9 said the 'bonnie-kin' sound was going to play soon and sure enough, it did about 10 minutes later. Later I was at ESD and the conversation looked like someone was predicting a sound effect to start playing then players in certain zones started saying it was happening.

It's hard to say at this point what is going on. All I can say is I hope Cryptic fixes it soon. It's very annoying to have that red alert sound effect playing for the entire CE event. :mad: