test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvE STF AFKERS

wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Really getting annoyed now. Too many times someone just sits there doing naff all and getting rewards at the end. This is wrong. Something needs to be done.

Just come out of Khitomer Vortex (Elite) getting my marks and dilithium same with the other 4 that was there but 1 of them shouldn't of got naff all just sitting there doing nothing at all. Missed out on the bonus marks for finishing it in time but because 1 was AFKING it has took 50 minutes to do it with me and one over being overworked keeping the probes at bay. Something needs to be done about the people that does nothing at all. They shouldn't get any rewards and also should receive a weeks ban from STF.
Post edited by wolfieebryan on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Read red shirt. New patch is implementing afk penalties. 2hour ban and no loot if tagged
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    2 hours is not enough. Needs to be like a week.
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm just glad something is finally being addressed regarding the AFK'er issues...:)
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    2 hours is not enough. Needs to be like a week.

this is your opinion.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My only concern would be for the people who loose connection and get get back in, do they get marked as an AFKer? I have had couple of times where I am fighting and then server dropped. I log right back in to see the final boss blow up and I get no loot. I wouldn't want to get a drop and then get banned from playing at all. That would really suck.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Losing connection, you are brought back into the match when you relog. At least thats how it works for me.

I am speculating here, but... Since it states there will be 0 rewards, we know that the player is not kicked from the mission... therefore, I believe, the AFK criteria will be encounter/time based. Some state DPS (Damage per Second) or HPS (Heal Per Second)... I believe it is going to have to do with Time in Red Alert Status, and D/H PE (Damage/Heal Per Encounter) or some variation there of. Cryptic already has mechanisms for monitoring these things (this is how people get ranked in Crystalline or other fleet actions (Big Dig, Starbase 24, etc).

However, if you are gone long enough that you won't qualify for the rewards, it would be best to leave the mission early, and take the 1 hour penalty.

The system is not going to be perfect, but it will serve to make AFK'ing or leeching less appealing. And for that... I'll happily accept the extremely rare occassion where I might be pulled away from a match by RL and not make it back in time to contribute enough (generally when this happens I warp out anyway, and accept the penalty because I shouldn't collect rewards for others effort).

The best advice I can give you right now... get yourself to Red Shirt, and test it out... I personally hope that Cryptic does not release the details/math behind the calculation (mainly because I don't want the current population of leeches/afk'ers to start devising ways to game the system).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....