What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playable Borg Ship

2»

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I see another City of Heroes fan or else that term became too popular without me realizing it.

Nope, used to play CoH too. ;)
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You want a Borg ship fly Tal Shiar Adapted ships or have both full Borg space sets with visuals enabled that is the closest I think players should ever come to flying a Borg ship with the possible exception being in a story mission.
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only Borg ship I'd like to see playable is the ship that lore and his crazy individual drones had. Quite a unique design.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You want a Borg ship fly Tal Shiar Adapted ships or have both full Borg space sets with visuals enabled that is the closest I think players should ever come to flying a Borg ship with the possible exception being in a story mission.

This. It is fun to corrupt canonical ships with the Borg set especially the TOS Enterprise. Would prefer Borgified ship interiors as well, but doubt I will see it till customizable ship interiors.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited September 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Why do people like the OP hate the dead horse so much, that they feel like kicking it all the time.

Get an undead horse. They never die ... and they kick back.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ships id love to pilot..

- Borg probe
    - Borg sphere
    - Borg Diamond

Stuff id like to really play with would be the cube and tactical cube. But id respect if they didn't give it out to players :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Get an undead horse. They never die ... and they kick back.

Problem with undead horses is that they bite and leave a terrible infection that should be treated immediately. Amputation is usually the only way to deal with the infection.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Problem with undead horses is that they bite and leave a terrible infection that should be treated immediately. Amputation is usually the only way to deal with the infection.

But they look pretty cool....
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frostovskifrostovski Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I guess sarcasm doesn't work well in text like it does in person. If they're gonna let people buy insane lockboxes that give an attack ship that can hit like a train, fly like a risian corvette, but tank as well a carrier, at least let people buy an op ship outright with real money.

Poe's law
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I guess sarcasm doesn't work well in text like it does in person. If they're gonna let people buy insane lockboxes that give an attack ship that can hit like a train, fly like a risian corvette, but tank as well a carrier, at least let people buy an op ship outright with real money.

You should've been on the Internet long enough to know that subtlety rarely works.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why the **** are we even talking about this ridiculous thread topic?
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No.

/10 char
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    :D. What's funny is that I bet you people would start begging for borg ponies if mounts were introduced to this game. First borg tribbles, then borg ponies. It's a slippery slope and mark my words, it will happen!

The only good pony is a pony-steak... and even then, it's pretty bad.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A Borg sphere and or probe is a much as you can hope for. Cubes take up to much room. Its bad enough with some of the current carrier ships. I don't see controlling a cube anytime soon. No matter how much the price. There a lot more powerful ships and races than the Borg with much smaller ships they can still release ships for. The Borg are not first on my list. Besides unless you are a Borg how are you going to control a ship that requires drones. This simply is not feasible! IMO!
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited September 2013
    "Sir -- the Borg are attacking."

" 'We have nothing to Sphere but Sphere itself.' Ready quantum torpedoes, Number One. Fire!"
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally I would rather see Cryptic go a bit further then just adding the ability to buy a Borg ship at the ZEN store.

Instead they could develop a new expansion all about the Borg. You get assimilated, and the story would be about how you achieve liberation from the Borg and in that process you end up with a Borg Sphere or something....I would love that storyline! :D