test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And then there were none. A horizon thread

2»

Comments

• thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited September 2013
    i do believe this game will continue on for some time.

why?

because its trek. thats why.

its that powerful.

this game engine with any other license attached to it would have failed horribly by now. or be in the zone of champions online.....oh wait.....

anywho

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-

-acceptance-
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited September 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I believe this to be a widely unfair assesment of Horizon.

thanks old friend.

not sure where some people get their info or opinions....
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this game engine with any other license attached to it would have failed horribly by now. or be in the zone of champions online.....oh wait.....

Honestly, I don't know how they went from the Hero System and Champions to Champions Online...it always struck me more as Freedom Force Online...meh. A fun game in its own right, but no Hero System and Champions.

Meh, I miss City of Heroes. Champions Online is a pathetic joke. DCUO...wtf is up with the console TRIBBLE? The Marvel stuff...don't even get me started. CoH gameplay, Hero System/Champions powers, DCUO graphics, Marvel story...oh yeah, drool.

Ahem, but yeah - er - STO...Star Trek...following...Cryptic would have to totally botch it, massively botch it, worst botch ever...for it to die.
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

These new players need to be nurtured. Go into a pug and see a player who is trying? Help him out, don't just "gg" and leave the game. Help these people out. There are stacks of good players waiting to become PvPers but they lack the friends, guidance and sense of community to really want to do it.

It's only going to work if the community reach out to people. Today's noob is tomorrow's MT.

When I read this it reminded me of a pvp match I had last week, im new and im green but keen. A guy called me out in zone while I was cloaked saying "where you hiding, Aux2batt man". We did sone dogfighting he killed me after a while and I learnt things quickly.
    After the match I was on esd rebuilding my build when he pm'd me with advice about my over healing and under firepower. It changed my game. When I layer thanked him he said "there are two few of us pvpers to not help eacher".

So, perhaps the pvp revolution will happen.
    In fact, it was all the pvp forum posts, and DDIS's ship build thread that got me to pvp.
    Maybe there will be more players who just need a push into the que
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i do believe this game will continue on for some time.

why?

because its trek. thats why.

its that powerful.

anywho

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-

-acceptance-

Can definitely agree! ST is quite the sticky IP to hang on to players.