I'm just interested to see what the conspiracy theorists have to say :D

*Adjusts tinfoil hat*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, to toss flames on the conspiracy fire, checking the tooltips on tribble also finds mention of Federation Battlecruisers, Fleet Battlecruiers (on the Cloaking Device from the defiant), and Fleet Vet ships (on the vet ship consoles)
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    now that is news...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    Well, to toss flames on the conspiracy fire, checking the tooltips on tribble also finds mention of Federation Battlecruisers, Fleet Battlecruiers (on the Cloaking Device from the defiant), and Fleet Vet ships (on the vet ship consoles)

wow, could you or someone else post a pic?
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://imgur.com/a/YHYJY#0

Didn't have a Chimera handy to check, but i would think it has a fleet version too.
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope this is true, then I can get my hands on a Fleet Atrox (because my non fleet Atrox is collecting dust in a space dock).

I'm hoping for another console slot and a 5th Universal BOFF slot for the Atrox?
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Galaxy-Z Federation Battlecruiser? :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Galaxy-Z Federation Battlecruiser? :P

Does that come with the Kamehameha? :P
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To fan the flames of conspiracy ( Hoping for a nice conspiracy rant )

I heard mention that they will be adding cup holders big enough to handle a 44 ounce drink from 7-11.

also someone mentioned were going past warp speed and going straight to....wait for it....LUDICROUS SPEED!!!

Yes thats right STO is about to go plaid :D
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly what I find most interesting is that the Battle Cruiser is a separate ship than the Dreadnought Cruiser. Does that mean we're looking at a 200k-fleet-credit version of the Gal-X thats a different ship? All the rest ya kinda figured was coming, but this is a bonus.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    I'm just interested to see what the conspiracy theorists have to say :D

*Adjusts tinfoil hat*

That's easy.

The Kar'fi is worth a fleet version, the Kitty box not so much. I just don't see player's clamoring for a fleet kittybox. Now, if they offered an actual fed carrier that wasn't a failed design from the beginning, that might be different.
    edited September 2013
    Honestly what I find most interesting is that the Battle Cruiser is a separate ship than the Dreadnought Cruiser. Does that mean we're looking at a 200k-fleet-credit version of the Gal-X thats a different ship? All the rest ya kinda figured was coming, but this is a bonus.

IDK. Currently the federation does not have any ship under the battle cruiser classification. Maybe new ship? It could also be just a typo.
    edited September 2013
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    IDK. Currently the federation does not have any ship under the battle cruiser classification. Maybe new ship? It could also be just a typo.

I genuinely hope its not an all-new ship. If the many, many people who already own the Gal-X can't get a discount on the fleet version because of a semantics game like that ..... thats not a good way to make friends or inspire customer loyalty.
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    The Excelsior and Sovvie-refit would count as battle cruisers IMO, but I guess it depends on your classification (i.e. it must be able to equip dual cannons).
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Typhoon?

*adjusts tinfoil hat again*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    www.ausmonauts.com
    edited September 2013
    stofsk wrote: »
    The Excelsior and Sovvie-refit would count as battle cruisers IMO, but I guess it depends on your classification (i.e. it must be able to equip dual cannons).

yeah, I was just speculating, but whatever it is, it can use a cloaking device.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly, if they did a good job with it, I'd love a fleet Atrox.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mreeves7a wrote: »

A new Cloaking ship for the feds and a fleet version at that?

The Klingons are going to be ticked off.

stofsk wrote: »

Fun fact, in the original Excelsior specs it was designed to have a Cloak.
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd love if it were the Achilles class, but that never had a cloak. Perhaps it's this new carrier that has yet to be released.
    Cehus.png
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [Conspiracy Rant]I think the federation battle cruiser could be the typhoon, or possibly the Jupiter.[/Conspiracy Rant]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [Conspiracy Rant]I think the federation battle cruiser could be the typhoon, or possibly the Jupiter.[/Conspiracy Rant]

Hmm... I think Cryptic will want to reproduce the economic success of the Scimitar, maybe this new fed battlecruiser will be a fed scimitar?
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Typhoon has been requested a few times, as has the Jupiter.

With all the decent changes coming into the game recently, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to give players these ships too.

Now the real conspiracy, why are Cryptic being so nice? Account wide lobi is now a thing and science skills are finally getting looked at among other handy little tidbits. Are they trying to soften the blow for something coming up? Or is the game DOOMED?

*fans the flames*
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

More likely that the Feds get a JJ Vengeance wannabe ship afterall. Since Cryptic already essentially made two Narada ships this is in my opinion not too far off.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Typhoon?

*adjusts tinfoil hat again*

If they did put the typhoon into the game as even a c-store ship id buy it and use it for my cait engi the typhoon looks awesome :)
    edited September 2013

Thing is, by having the cloak, I'm guessing its some variation of the Gal-X rather than a totally separate ship. Otherwise, that would mean they're adding another cloak-capable Fed ship, probably not a good idea all things considered.
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Typhoon is a good guess because the Mirror version is able to cloak, so the prime version might me as well :)
    Would love to have it in the game(see forum signature :D)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [conspiracy] Maybe the new fed battlecruiser will be a tier 5 constitution?

Or perhaps it's just the galaxy dreadnaught with the much awaited saucer separation they mentioned a year ago and the ship is being reclassed as a battlecruiser? That ship can use the defiant cloak console but it was announced about a year ago they were working on saucer separation for it so it can do that too. [/conspiracy]

I'm not a subscriber, but.......anybody with the saucer separation console from the galaxy retrofit able to log into tribble and look at the tooltip? (currently tribble server is limited to gold members)
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    The Typhoon has been requested a few times, as has the Jupiter.

With all the decent changes coming into the game recently, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to give players these ships too.

Now the real conspiracy, why are Cryptic being so nice? Account wide lobi is now a thing and science skills are finally getting looked at among other handy little tidbits. Are they trying to soften the blow for something coming up? Or is the game DOOMED?

*fans the flames*

I dont think it is a blow, they realize that account bound lobi will help sell more keys. I am much more interested to open lock boxes if I can move lobi where I need it.

I think new ships are gated to maintain regular flow of income. it could well be there are 20 ships near completely done, just waiting release. The problem with F2P online games are they have to release at a proper pace to ensure steady income.

There are two factors in this system that slow new content, first is development and second is the business model.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    [conspiracy] Maybe the new fed battlecruiser will be a tier 5 constitution?

Or perhaps it's just the galaxy dreadnaught with the much awaited saucer separation they mentioned a year ago and the ship is being reclassed as a battlecruiser? That ship can use the defiant cloak console but it was announced about a year ago they were working on saucer separation for it so it can do that too. [/conspiracy]

I'm not a subscriber, but.......anybody with the saucer separation console from the galaxy retrofit able to log into tribble and look at the tooltip? (currently tribble server is limited to gold members)

Don't think they'd rename it just cause it can use Saucer Sep, as i said i'm hoping for a Typhoon Class - and finally a fed Battle Cruiser - would be AWSOME :)
    P.S.: Please don't start the T5 Connie discussion here as well :P