test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Engineer based Fed Carrier please....

jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Federation Discussion
I don't care what anyone says. We(I) need this carrier. Fed Carrier for Engineers with 2 hangers with a wing of fighters and a wing of bombers. Make it happen cryptic.
Post edited by jamesdax on

Comments

• davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I could see the U.S.S. Curry/Rage Queen Excelsior varient become an Engineering focused carrier. Start with the stats for an Excelsior at T5 and shift some things around so that it is more balanced. And make it a C-store ship to boot.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited September 2013
    I believe the Recluse does that job.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tholian_Recluse_Carrier

Universal Commander and Lt.Com Eng.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Sure, if the Recluse wasn't Sci oriented.

Sure if you want to have to gamble or pay an arm and a leg for one.

Sure if you don't want to play in a standard fed looking ship like most Fed's do....
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic don't make a Faction version of Lockbox ships.

If the Recluse is the Engineering Carrier than they won't make a Fed version because they prefer you to acquire the 800 Lobi to buy it.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 to the post but one word: Typhon
  • jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Actually the Recluse is what I'm currently using, however, I'd prefer a ship built by Starfleet. Also, while having the Commander Universal along with the Lt.Cmd Engineer is nice this is still a Sci focused ship.
    edited September 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    +1 to the post but one word: Typhon

The Typhoon class would work for me an Engineer focused Star Fleet Carrier. Make it happen Cryptic.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic don't make a Faction version of Lockbox ships.

yes they have the Temporal ships all have faction specific looks. and i think OP was referring to a fed only eng carrier. i am hoping they get the rights to the Ark Royal class or the Typhon class for that spot.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Turn rate: 6
    Guns: 3/3
    Dual cannons: No
    Subtargeting: No
    Sensor Analysis: No
    Hangar bays: 2
    Shield strength: x1.3
    Hull strength: 43,000
    Power allocation: +10 shields, +10 aux
    Bridge seating:
    ####
    ###
    ##
    ##
    #
    Consoles:
    ####
    ###
    ###

Comes with universal console, Projected micro-shielding. Any pets launched by this ship have triple shield strength and triple shield regeneration rate while they within 5km of the carrier.

Comes with unique equipment: Hangar bay, Heavy sentry platform. Frigate class with very strong hull. Armed with 4 phaser arrays and a photon torpedo launcher with 360 degree targeting. Has a rapidly cycling but weak variation of Photonic Shockwave, and uses Feedback Pulse if it reaches 50% health. Pet is immobile.
    edited September 2013
    Sure, if the Recluse wasn't Sci oriented.
    jamesdax wrote: »
    Actually the Recluse is what I'm currently using, however, I'd prefer a ship built by Starfleet. Also, while having the Commander Universal along with the Lt.Cmd Engineer is nice this is still a Sci focused ship.

Guys all full carriers are Science ships. Even the Jem'Hadar and Kar'fi. That's how they roll so if your asking for a Carrier it's going to be a Science ship.
    neos472 wrote: »
    yes they have the Temporal ships all have faction specific looks. and i think OP was referring to a fed only eng carrier. i am hoping they get the rights to the Ark Royal class or the Typhon class for that spot.

I wasn't clear enough in what I said.

The Time ship is a Federation Science vessel, even if you take the Klingon or Romulan versions, they have Warp Cores and no Cloak. It does have a Klingon and Romulan skin but. Same applies to the Destroyer.

What I meant was your not going to see the layout of a Lobi/Lockbox ship converted into a C-Store ship and presented to a faction.

Let's see what this new Season 8 Carrier brings us.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guys all full carriers are Science ships.

Uhm. Even the ones that aren't good at science? What?
    edited September 2013
    Guys all full carriers are Science ships.

Yes yes we have Sci carriers and Tac carriers and that's why I want a Eng carrier.

And what's this about a Season 8 carrier?
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Eng heavy, 2 hangars, with saucer + nacelles. Well-balanced. Me happy.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited September 2013
    khayuung wrote: »

All of this^
    edited September 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    Uhm. Even the ones that aren't good at science? What?

The Jem'Hadar Dreadnought and Tholian Recluse are the only Carriers without a Science Commander.

But the Recluse still has 6 weapons, and all have Subsystem Targeting built in.

The Tholian still has a Science Lt.Com & Ens as well as 4 Sci Consoles.

I admit having a more indepth look at the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought that is a completely Tactical ship.
  • similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dual cannons: No

I as about to disagree with that, then I realised you'd made it ridiculously tough...
    Comes with universal console, Projected micro-shielding. Any pets launched by this ship have triple shield strength and triple shield regeneration rate while they within 5km of the carrier.

Comes with unique equipment: Hangar bay, Heavy sentry platform. Frigate class with very strong hull. Armed with 4 phaser arrays and a photon torpedo launcher with 360 degree targeting. Has a rapidly cycling but weak variation of Photonic Shockwave, and uses Feedback Pulse if it reaches 50% health. Pet is immobile.

And then I realised you made it overpowered.
    Guys all full carriers are Science ships. Even the Jem'Hadar and Kar'fi. That's how they roll so if your asking for a Carrier it's going to be a Science ship.

Eh, Mirror Vo'Quv anyone?

khayuung wrote: »

Would like...
    similon wrote: »
    I as about to disagree with that, then I realised you'd made it ridiculously tough...

Actually, slightly less tough than the Recluse, which CAN use dual cannons. Fleet Vo'quv and Jem Dread both have more hull but less shield... Almost all the carriers are giant slabs of defense.

Reviewing the specs of other carriers though, I'll give on the shield spec and say that should be 1.2 instead of 1.3.
    And then I realised you made it overpowered.

Maybe you could explain your position?

It has a console that makes pet shields tougher if they are within 5km. If you've flown carriers, you know 3 basic things about pets:
    1.) They have very little shield strength.
    2.) They do not rebalance their shields or have shield heals
    3.) They obey orders about as well as a cat doped on catnip.

It also has a powerful sentry turret pet. Compare its capabilities to other frigate class pets; ones that can chase targets and gain a defense bonus from movement.

The console and pets are intended to work together for this ship, as an engineering platform, to mirror one of the engineer's ground based roles as a fabricator and strategic landscaper.
    Eh, Mirror Vo'Quv anyone?

1.) You're in the Federation Shipyards forum, mate.
    2.) Mirror Vo'quv is not end-game and it seems kind of pointless to make new ships that don't appeal to your most invested customers. Any new additions need to compete with the best to be interesting. Welcome to MMOG power creep.
  • similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually, slightly less tough than the Recluse, which CAN use dual cannons. Fleet Vo'quv and Jem Dread both have more hull but less shield... Almost all the carriers are giant slabs of defense.

Reviewing the specs of other carriers though, I'll give on the shield spec and say that should be 1.2 instead of 1.3.

Maybe you could explain your position?

It has a console that makes pet shields tougher if they are within 5km. If you've flown carriers, you know 3 basic things about pets:
    1.) They have very little shield strength.
    2.) They do not rebalance their shields or have shield heals
    3.) They obey orders about as well as a cat doped on catnip.

It also has a powerful sentry turret pet. Compare its capabilities to other frigate class pets; ones that can chase targets and gain a defense bonus from movement.

The console and pets are intended to work together for this ship, as an engineering platform, to mirror one of the engineer's ground based roles as a fabricator and strategic landscaper.

You've given it the best traits of one of the toughest ships, greater capability to keep itself going. And then decided to supe up all your hanger craft behind reasonably levels ("Oh, they're only 3 times tougher...")

The only part I do like is the pets.
    1.) You're in the Federation Shipyards forum, mate.
    2.) Mirror Vo'quv is not end-game and it seems kind of pointless to make new ships that don't appeal to your most invested customers. Any new additions need to compete with the best to be interesting. Welcome to MMOG power creep.

1) Read the post I was replying to, specifically:

Last time I checked, these 2 things were true:
    A) "All full carriers" in no way refers specifically to federation ships
    B) The Kar'fi was not a federation carrier

2) Mirror Vo'Quv is more than capable of holding its own at end game, As is the regular Vo'Quv. I'd much prefer to see a team mate flying a Vo'Quv than any other science ship, cruiser, or carrier.