test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subspace Vortex I, II, and III -- The swirly things explained!

fusionax77fusionax77 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So some of you are probably wondering what's causing this all of the time in so many open battlezones. You've probably seen it, loads of those weird rifts everywhere. Those are subspace vortexes that have bugged out. The vortexes will continue to do damage to enemies that enter their AoE, but they will never close.

The vortexes do not despawn. Why?

When you use Subspace Vortex on a target, a rift is created at the target you fired at. Maybe on top of their position, maybe behind them. If the target you fired it at stays alive for long enough, the vortex will close itself. It will also close itself if used as a jump point through Subspace Vortex's secondary function.

But if the target despawns (death, warp out, etc.) then the vortex will fail to close itself, and will remain indefinitely. Additionally, you will not be able to close it manually via the jump ability, nor create any more vortexes.

The vortex does not immediately despawn if you die.

Additionally, the Available Skills window's description for Subspace Vortex II lists the name and description twice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Furthermore the cooldown issue where the ability's shared cooldown sometimes isn't displayed is still present. (for example after activating Gravity Well there's a 10 shared cooldown on SV, which is sometimes displayed)

Another problem is using the ability's jump functionality with large enemies. If a larger enemy dies (borg unimatrix ships) you can teleport into the wreckage, but since the entity hasn't fully despawned yet it will not allow you to leave it's collision box. (Happened to me while playing "Into the Hive").
  • Options
    hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fusionax77 wrote: »
    But if the target despawns (death, warp out, etc.) then the vortex will fail to close itself, and will remain indefinitely. Additionally, you will not be able to close it manually via the jump ability, nor create any more vortexes.

If you fly out of teleport range of a vortex, you can create another one at another foe's location. In fact, after like a 5 second cooldown from making one, if you fly out of range of any others you can make more vortexes... quite interesting actually, lol. All your vortexes appear to be valid jump-to locations... I have not had the problem where I could not jump to a vortex that I was in jump range of.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    THey need to fix so these things despawn. THeir all over the BZ and make it difficult to see what you're doing at times.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    The day the power was released, I had one of these bug out in Kerrat #4.

FIVE DAYS LATER IT WAS STILL THERE.
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    corelogik wrote: »
    THey need to fix so these things despawn. THeir all over the BZ and make it difficult to see what you're doing at times.

I say leave them. Our revenge for all the yellow snot 8472 leaves all over the place. :P