test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak Aggro

ellandhorellandhor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After some time, I returned to STO (as a lifetime subscriber) and tried the new Romulan campaign. It's a beautiful and captivating storyline, I must admit. But since I tend to pick on those pesky detaisl, one of the things that has been very noticeable for me as a bug (?) is the cloak aggro.

What do I mean by that?

Has anyone tried to use the ability "Fire at will" (or any AoE), get overwhelmed by the enemy PVE fire (especially in super massive conflicts) and then run away? If the reflexes and survival instincts kick in, naturally. But what happens is that after a while, when you rejoin the battle, EVERYONE that you pissed off, instantly forgets their new targets (especially if they're PVE allied ships) and massively attacks you again.

During the Romulan mission of "The Best Defence", where the player is called to use a puny shuttle in the enemy mosquito shuttle-fest attack (with the walkers), it can be an annoying event. Especially since the miss ratio on enemy shuttles is between 75-85% (no matter the accuracy skill, I tried it with a full accuracy spec). The moment the player attacks a walker, quite fast, all the enemy shuttles in the area begin attacking you, with a miss ratio of merely 5-10%.

IF at that point, you decide to battle-cloak and leave to recover hull and then try to rejoin the battle, the moment you uncloak, every enemy ship on the map forgets what it's doing and assaults you with everything they have. And it's a good probability one may die before the battle cloak cooldown finishes. What is worse though is that if one decides to quickly respawn, the aggro STILL remains. And if there is any enemy shuttle near the respawn point, it immediately attacks you. This means that during wave 4, where lunacy hits red in terms of hoards of enemy shuttles, it's very probable those mosquitos will be flying around the respawn point. So with every respawn, it's pretty much an insta-attack.

Please oh please (I hope) look into it. I've run the entire campaign with all 3 professions (tactical, engineering, science) on the Romulan side and still, after decloaking, every previously aggro'd ship will quit what it's doing and attack you (or hunt you down) the moment you press the decloak button. And in every case I didn't "invest" in any threat skill.

Thank ya!