test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hows My Video Card?

keptinlokikeptinloki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I've been experiencing a lot of problems recently, like being disconnected or the red message at the top of the screen, the server problem one. I'm just curious, I have a lot of games loaded on my computer that demand much more of my Video Card, and it handles them perfectly fine with no lag or FPS drop.

So.. is an ATI Radeon HD 4200 Video Card the source of my problems or could I possibly be running my game better than half res and low quality?
Post edited by keptinloki on

Comments

• twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Definitely something about the game, not your card. I've seen people have the same issues on the most powerful of systems. They seem to be connection issues that occur somewhere between your ISP and the game servers (and don't let anyone tell you it's between you and your ISP - for most people with these issues that's been ruled out).
  • keptinlokikeptinloki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Alright, thanks so much guys. That's a big relief, really hope that Cryptic starts to take the initiative though. :\
  • generalzap777generalzap777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a black screen except for text, and white-outlined black boxes with red X's in their center.

I just patched TOS for the first installation ever.

http://i41.tinypic.com/ff311i.png
  • dunklestosisdunklestosis Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For about a week, I've been having some FPS issues in just a couple maps. Cap n Hold, Cure Space and Fed Minefield/Halting the Gorn Advance. I've fudged and fiddled with my graphics settings to no end, when I run /fpsgraph I have almost as many purple lines as blue. I'm running an Nvidia GTX 460 SE 1gb driver version 320.18, havent really ever had a problem save for the occasional really crowded map until the previously mentioned week-ish time frame.

I don't so much expect advice, though if anyone has it I'll gladly take it, I more so just want to add onto this in case Cryptic has done or changed something with the hope they can fix it if its on their end.