test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship proposal in honor of Mark Valentine aka 'H20rat'

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Rename the USS Belfast to the USS Valentine.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1.

It would be nice if they make a Valentine class of playable ships and also add some of his chars. as permanent NPCs in STO.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I too support this idea.

If not putting in a Valentine class ship, then since he liked playing STF's, renaming the U.S.S. Victory in Task Force Omega (I think that's the primary ship of the task force) to the U.S.S. Valentine. Or even replace it outright with his main ship, and when you hail it, instead of ten of twelve or whoever she is, it's his main toon?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My support is in
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I, too, would appreciate seeing a tribute to him...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 Signed. Damn fine idea. Make it so.
    server_hamster6.png
  • teluasteluas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    /signed

Said ship could also replace the Ambassador class you see out the window in the shipyard at ESD, and the banners could be changed to read "U.S.S. Valentine" instead of "U.S.S. Ambassador"
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why not? I can't see it being a major problem.
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 vote here...

No one is forgotten in STO
    4058756.jpg
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    To the lost ... (+1)
  • dustrethdustreth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1!

Would like to see a substantial amount of the profit on this ship will go to a cancer related charity foundation
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dustreth wrote: »
    +1!

Would like to see a substantial amount of the profit on this ship will go to a cancer related charity foundation

Great Idea. I also agree with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dustreth wrote: »
    +1!

I definitively vote for this.

/support & +10
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • eternalwhitesongeternalwhitesong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I Support this!
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like this idea.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If not a task force omega ship, what about one in the new upcoming featured episode.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sign my name on Mark Valentine getting his own ship. I think that is indeed an awesome way to honor him.

...though, I would also support him getting his own ship and getting to be a Captain of said ship. That would make it more awesome.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great idea! :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Supported. Honor the fallen, and never forget.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice idea. I support too
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I fully support this endeavor. However, I think it would be too "small" to only rename a ship in Task Force Omega (U.S.S. Valentine). Hardly anyone needs to visit the Task Force anymore since they revamped the Omega grind.

The Klingons have their "Hall of Warriors" in honor of fallen warriors. Why not utilize an area (possibly in the "state room") of Earth's Spacedock, with a statue of Mr Valentine (in uniform ofcourse). I'd also support adding various notable former Cryptic developers to this Federation "Hall of Warriors". People such as CapnLogan come to mind. But naturally having Mr Valentine as the Warrior of Honor within such hall.
  • neonevangelionneonevangelion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agreed, it can be done.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll throw in my support for this, great idea.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1

Great idea
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • conundrum129conundrum129 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm in on this one. A new ship would be great but it should be cross faction.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,131 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just had a thought. With season 8 soon upon us, maybe that could be tweaked to incorporate something as a memorial to Mark. But not include it in beta testing, only add it for live launch so no player gets to see the memorial before others, then use the launch day to become our own Valentines day.
  • bertiewoosterbertiewooster Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great idea. I would love to see a Valentine Class (or at least a USS Valentine or something like that).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good work so far. lets keep up the effort so something gets done for Mark.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • cantoneverettcantoneverett Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, I'd buy a Valentine class! Do it, cryptic.