test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hromi Cluster refusing to let me in

theredviola2003theredviola2003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Title says it all. This "bug" seems to bounce between the Hromi Cluster and the Azure Nebula. I'll set a course for the cluster, but upon arriving, instead of being prompted with "Enter Cluster," my ship just sets there. I've flown out and back, I've gone to another sector and come back, I've even restarted STO and still nada.
Post edited by theredviola2003 on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I get this one a lot, I just keep flying around the center until I can enter.
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes the enter point isn't where the ship stops unfortunately, just crank up your engines a little and drift into the cloud the pop up will reveal itself, Arucanis Arm is the same.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Title says it all. This "bug" seems to bounce between the Hromi Cluster and the Azure Nebula. I'll set a course for the cluster, but upon arriving, instead of being prompted with "Enter Cluster," my ship just sets there. I've flown out and back, I've gone to another sector and come back, I've even restarted STO and still nada.

Hrromi cluster has been bugged like that since how to enter it was changed when season 7 launched. Before season 7 it was separate from the Pi Canis sector and was connected to the north side of it. When season 7 launched the Tau Dewa system took over the location and the hromi cluster was moved to be a system of sorts in the pi canis sector block.

I remember this problem being reported during season 7 beta and after season 7 launched.

Here is proof of that. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Explore_the_Hromi_Cluster#Special_Issues:_Documented_Bug
    Note: This is a currently documented bug with Entering Hromi Cluster. Here are the notes from a GM regarding this bug: "The access point is very tiny and might not be exactly where the map indicates. Try to fly around in circles to get in, and beware the "warp to" option appears only briefly."

This point can be found by flying to Hromi Cluster at a distance of 0.0; from there fly slightly north-northwest at a very slow speed, it can often be found as if one is flying slowly to the Azure Sector from Hromi Sector 0.0km.--Cyberchipz 10:20, 9 March 2013 (UTC)

In other words, the hromi cluster needs to be a distance of 0.0Km from you, which puts you right smack dab in the dead center of it.