test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO becoming deserted-End game needs improving?

124»

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Where have i herd this before...ah yes when TOR came out.

But you remember the CONVICTION in their message when they said it! I mean you just have to listen just how confident and serious they are, not actual logic or perception of reality. I mean as long as someone sounds like what they say is true, then it surely is.

TOR is going to kill STO any minute now... any minute now... *checks watch* ... aaaany minute now....
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    But you remember the CONVICTION in their message when they said it! I mean you just have to listen just how confident and serious they are, not actual logic or perception of reality. I mean as long as someone sounds like what they say is true, then it surely is.

TOR is going to kill STO any minute now... any minute now... *checks watch* ... aaaany minute now....
    Before or after TOR stops sucking? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Before or after it stops sucking? :P

talking about sto ya i know its bad ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Where have i herd this before...ah yes when TOR came out.

Never understood the: This mmo is going to kill this mmo blah blah blah :rolleyes:

How many times has WOW had that statement shouted out, yet its is still going lol

It is especially silly when another mmo of an entirely different franchise is about to come out.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    dontirridontirri Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When I played EVE online, people kept shouting "EVE IS DEAD" on the forums on a weekly basis. That was FIVE years ago.

When I played WoW, people kept shouting "WOW IS DEAD" on a weekly basis. That was two expansions ago.

Doomsayers will always be around. It's like conspiracy theorists. The smallest thing will set them off.

Best to just ignore them. STO is dead the day Cryptic decides to shut down the servers not a day earlier.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited September 2013
    dontirri wrote: »
    When I played EVE online, people kept shouting "EVE IS DEAD" on the forums on a weekly basis. That was FIVE years ago.

When I played WoW, people kept shouting "WOW IS DEAD" on a weekly basis. That was two expansions ago.

Doomsayers will always be around. It's like conspiracy theorists. The smallest thing will set them off.

Best to just ignore them. STO is dead the day Cryptic decides to shut down the servers not a day earlier.

"Bring out yer dead!' *bong* *cat yelps* "Bring out yer dead!" *bong* *cat yelps*
    "Here's one."
    "Nine pence."
    "But I'm not dead yet."
    "Hear that? He's says he's not dead yet."
    "He will be in a moment. Can't you stick around?"
    "Can't. Have to go round to the Robinsons. They've lost nine today."
    "I don't want to go in the cart."
    "Oh, don't be such a baby. Isn't there something you can do?"
    "It's against regulations."
    "He won't be long."
    "I feel happy. I feel happy. I feel --" *bonk*
    "Right. See you Thursday?"
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    If you think STO is that bad why are you here? :rolleyes:

if a game is so bad why keep bringing it up why not move on ? as your trying to say in so many words :rolleyes: ppl around here love to put down other mmos or game and is shows a level of immaturity where is that acceptance trek is always talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    DOOOOOOO...oh sorry, wrong thread.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,821 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dontirri wrote: »
    STO is dead the day Cryptic decides to shut down the servers not a day earlier.

Resistance is futile....servers will shut down sooner or later. Keep hoping for the best and enjoy the Grinding orgy AKA Virtual Chinese concentration camp:D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    First, the new movie won't be out before 2016, and probably 2017 if it follows the same 4 years as the first two. Second, CBS doesn't need permission to give another game company a Star Trek MMO license. They gave Keen/Gameforge a license to do ST: Infinite Space is 2011 - at the same time STO was running. Finally, while JJ-Trek made Paramount a lot of money, the 5 Trek series make CBS a TON of money from syndication fees and DVD/Blue Ray sales.

The next film will be released in 2016. Bank on it. There's NO WAY Paramount would let the 50th anniversary of the premiere of the original TV series that the current film series is based on pass without releasing the third film.

To the poster you replied to: Remember, CBS has NO OWNERSHIP of any aspect of the current Star Trek film series. It's 100% owned by Paramount, and CBS and Paramount are currently separate entities with their own agenda. Yes, they will sometimes collaborate and do cross promotion if both sides see a positive to each of their bottom lines.

That said, as long as the current STO is profitable to a certain degree for CBS and Cryptic; I don't see them shutting it down. Unless profits really go south, I certainly don't see STO being sunsetted until after 2016, as CBS will want to milk the 50th anniversary of the start of Star Trek as much as they can.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Resistance is futile....servers will shut down sooner or later. Keep hoping for the best and enjoy the Grinding orgy AKA Virtual Chinese concentration camp:D

I don't recall a gun being pointed to my head to play STO, or my family being murdered if i don't play. :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    talking about sto ya i know its bad ;)
    No I was talking about TOR. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    No I was talking about TOR. :P

I know you was :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will say this about the OP, he has a point. But most likely that people are just busy with school.

But lately I found that the KDF Queues to be absolutely DEAD! Even the backup on Defera.........there is no KDF doing groups there. Federation Queues are sometimes hard at times.

This makes me wish that Cryptic made alternate ways to level up Starbases.
  • Options
    straengestraenge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was wondering about this actually myself. I only joined a few days ago and don't know anyone here but I am rather enjoying things so far. The last MMO I played frequently was City of Heroes and when it closed suddenly, I was hesitant to join another. I tried Champions and TOR but nothing felt quite right for me. After 4 days here, it seems the population is quite low to a degree but I also realized a long time ago there are always times in MMO's where the populations fluctuate.

Between school, new games (GTA V just released) and waiting times for larger updates, I assumed that the lack of chatter overall was due to this but I also realize that, unlike others I have played, this game is actually relatively quiet in it's nature, I think. I spent an hour one day where not a single person spoke in a moderately busy area on any of the zone or local channels which made me cautious to continue. But I think I am enjoying learning things enough to get a feel and hopefully, after a bit of time, things will pick up overall.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited September 2013
    don't know about you but i surely am not playing STO nearly as often as i used to, because no one else i know is on, AND due to the number of defects and nerfing of certain events.

Have fun circling the galaxy as subwarp speeds for little reward by yourselves.

:mad:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I will say this about the OP, he has a point. But most likely that people are just busy with school.

But lately I found that the KDF Queues to be absolutely DEAD! Even the backup on Defera.........there is no KDF doing groups there. Federation Queues are sometimes hard at times.

This makes me wish that Cryptic made alternate ways to level up Starbases.

shouldn't have nerfed the tour. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, nerfing the tour is what caused people to return to school. :rolleyes:

no, nerfing the tour caused more people to stop playing.

That and skyrocketing zen and exchange prices, along with the spike in DCs plus other defects. :P