test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Doff Assignments

ossangreycouncilossangreycouncil Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have submitted a bug report on this matter, but I wanted to see if there were others who were experiencing the same problem. If this were wide spread, hopefully this would draw attention to the issue and cause it to be fixed sooner.
The issue is this: On a given day I will go through my Doff assignments and accept them as completed. As per course, I will then queue up another 20 assignments to keep my doffs busy for another day. I will then finish up the minor details of the grind then log off. The next day when I log back in, my doff assignment will list 17 or 18 assignments as completed with none listed as being 'In Progress". This issue has been going on for about a week now across 3-4 of my characters. There are no doffs missing from my roster. I know that I have only logged in game once a day to do my dailies and set up doff assignments. I know that my account has not been accessed by anyone else. So I cannot account as to the how or why there are suddenly doffs assignments being dropped or vanishing.
Has anyone else been noticing this issue?
Post edited by ossangreycouncil on

Comments

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It seems to be getting worse. I've been having far too many doff assignments magically disappearing. I mean like five or six at a time. It's gotten crazy.

And yes, other people have been getting this bug... there was a thread or two about it around here somewhere.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I believe those are failed missions.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Any mission that does not generate rewards (typically a Failure or Disaster) will currently clean itself up automatically when the timer completes. The reason this occurs was a result of a code change to an adjacent system, and was not intentional.

We have every intention of bringing back the "Acknowledge Report" functionality, but priorities have drawn our Software engineers elsewhere. Hopefully this can be addressed in the near future.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As far as failing assignments go, I have more of a problem with the apparent "streakiness" of the RNG that seems to often result in multiple assignments with high-quality doffs and single-digit possibilities of failure, started around the same time, all or mostly failing. A few times is just chance. After a while it starts looking like a pattern.

But the way failed assignments get auto-acknowledged makes it harder to track those failures, especially since the assignment log doesn't appear to be in any kind of useful order.

Making it so that you have to acknowledge no-reward assignments the same as ones with rewards would be very welcome. :)
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have been complaining to the point of insanity about the bugs like this in the game. Reporting it is useless.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    arnthebard wrote: »
    I have been complaining to the point of insanity about the bugs like this in the game. Reporting it is useless.

This is nothing, my Romulans do not get ANY doff missions that award buffs, neither space nor ground.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Even failed ones you still finish it. I have 4 to 6 empty slots when I open it up and all 20 were filled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any mission that does not generate rewards (typically a Failure or Disaster) will currently clean itself up automatically when the timer completes. The reason this occurs was a result of a code change to an adjacent system, and was not intentional.

We have every intention of bringing back the "Acknowledge Report" functionality, but priorities have drawn our Software engineers elsewhere. Hopefully this can be addressed in the near future.

I just wanted to say thank you for acknowledging our reports. (I mad a pun hehe :D)
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Does this also affect the doff recruitment timer?
  • Options
    cajunxroadscajunxroads Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have also noticed that assignments that were listed as in the "In Progress" tab and then when they are transferred to the "Completed" tab they were less. But lately I have noticed it now includes those assignments from the Fleet Dilithium Mine and the DOFF assignments (total of seven) that you can acquire.
    Yes, it is getting much, much worse and as usual Cryptic / STO does nothing about the Bugs, problems, rubber banding, lag and many other issues that this game has. They do not listen to use players and have continually show and stated all they are concern about is what is on their schedule to be added to the game, even though each time they add more and more, the games gets more and more issues, Bugs and other type of issues.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Phew. I thought I was going insane when I kept logging in and having no doffs completed. At least it's actually a bug and not me.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Funny, I started a thread about this last month. No Dev came to reply there. It took a month for a dev to reply. But at least they did.
    Eventually. (That's good, half my bug reports go ignored, at least half aren't.)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now I know why I have been so successful with Doff assignments. I had noticed a few fewer than what I had started but only by one or two at most. The only ones showing with the red of failure were those that awarded only an 'Uncommon' level Doff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns