test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MAJOR currency revamp needed

prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
I wish to ask the developers to do a major overhaul of the currency system in Star Trek Online and bring it in line with what Neverwinter is doing ie Argent Diamonds are the main currency in Neverwinter including the AH, and I suggest they make Dilithium the main currency also for the Exchange!!!
Post edited by prynnce on

Comments

• grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like consolidate all currencies/marks/points/credits into 1 unit?

Again?
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't forget lobi
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    grtiggy wrote: »
    get rid of the dill refinement cap and i MAY consider this.

They have a cap of 24,000 a day but they have rough astral diamonds and refined astral diamonds which are what the AH uses in Neverwinter, it is only the rough astral diamonds in never winter that have a cap. So if they could do something similar in STO, I believe it would work quite well like it does in STO.
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rough Astral Diamonds have a 24,000 daily cap 4am mst and Refined astral diamonds are only used in to purchase supplies and gear and as a currency in the AH.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They did a overhaul. A while back.

Now we have Dilithium, Fleet credits, EC, Gold Pressed Latinum and Rep Marks.

Explains why my Orion accountant drinks.

Exactly, we had one to sort out a currency mess, and now we are right back to square one again... Pick a currency and stick with it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Exactly, we had one to sort out a currency mess, and now we are right back to square one again... Pick a currency and stick with it...

Not really.
    The problem with the old system is that we ended up with a crapload of "useless" emblems and medals and marks for EACH INDIVIDUAL TIER! :eek:

Which is why they were all consolidated into dilithium.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »

Its nothing like before. We had a stack of currencies that were confusing and often useless at endgame. it was a mess to understand how you earned them and what they did or where to spend them. this is much clearer at the moment.

we need dilithium and we need energy credits. they should not be made into one no matter what.

the marks represent gameplay and are clear to understand what they do. I dont even personally consider them a currency more of a spendable experience point as they only go towards projects. They could combine them into just one mark but im not sure if that makes sense for the way it is set up.

the only thing they could try and get ride of is the latinum. that has become largely pointless.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If currencies were alter or changed we would end up with numerous threads being created asking for it to be put back as it was like now with the revamped icons. The forums would end up being nothing more than a STO debating site instead of the fun great place it is now.

Debate is good, but like everything before, now matter how many times you debate something any changes will not get reversed.

More importantly now is let's get some of the more worrying bugs and glitches looked into before something new is added.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a terrible terrible idea that would completely eliminate the entire trade aspect from the game.
    Me 'n mine find this to be the most entertaining area to spend time in.
    Not to mention it would firmly put a pay to win stamp on everything in the game.
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They did a overhaul. A while back.

Now we have Dilithium, Fleet credits, EC, Gold Pressed Latinum and Rep Marks.

Explains why my Orion accountant drinks.

Still better than what it used to be. We used to have different currencies for different player levels, so players had a bunch of currencies they could never actually earn or use once they hit max level.

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't like the rep marks and rep systems.
    Mainly because the Omega rep system ruined a perfectly good system that made STF's exciting and turned them into a boring monotonous grind.
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't like the rep marks and rep systems.
    Mainly because the Omega rep system ruined a perfectly good system that made STF's exciting and turned them into a boring monotonous grind.

trust me, I'd rather have a boring monotonous grind where I can eventually get something cool then the boring monotonous lottery we used to have, where I had a snowball's chance in Grethor of ever winning anything useful.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only thing that needs to get done is to have Lobi turned in Latinum. The rest of the currencies are quite manageable... unlike a certain superhero sister MMO...
    <3
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    The only thing that needs to get done is to have Lobi turned in Latinum. The rest of the currencies are quite manageable...

Bingo...

I've suggested swapping latinum back into ECs (Wiki says that Dabo "converts" EC -> GPL at a rate of 1.3 or 1.4 EC = 1 GPL. Take patch 1 and convert all GPL back to ECs, and convert all current GPL references (barter commodity to GPL / barter GPL for commodity DOff missions, GPL store, etc.) to EC.
    Then take patch 2 and convert all Lobi to GPL, and leave GPL on the currency tab. Add a hail through the mission window and/or event tab (run the "get first lobi from crystal consortium" event to get permanent access to lobi store tab) like the recently ended summer event store is still available in the events tab - and bingo, one/two/however many for lobi hounds free inventory slots... :)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]