test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help the NEW Star Trek Series be Born!!!

2»

Comments

• strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As much as I love Star Trek I do not like the premise of this show, so will not be donate for the sake of a Star Trek show that I do not believe in. :(
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish I had money to donate, I would in a heartbeat.

So many wonderful Star Trek ideas lately, really shocked CBS doesn't want to have a new series:

Star Trek: Renegades
    Star Trek: Continues
    Enterprise Season 5
    Michael Dorn's of a Captain Worf Series

Even some having an idea around the Titan.

BTW, that new Klingon Battlecruiser (Refit K'T'inga?) that Mr. Eaves created for the series........WoW! Cryptic why you not asking Mr. Eaves to design the new ships?

Enterprise shoulda done a full trek term of 7 seasons .
    Captain worf shoukd get a push, but with a different name .

Haven't heard about Star Trek continues( can soneone fill me in )

Iv not seen any of the low budget movies like renegade before , are they worth a watch.

What is the trek community put a petition to CBS to get the ball rolling. Surly there is enough of us to show then to take it on board .
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A new trek series would mean added lore that can be used in STO. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned STO to include new developments of Renegades if it gets the pick up.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    I'm kind of torn on it.... I like the story and characters.... but the production value really has something to be desired.

truthfully, I have seen college assignment projects have higher cinematic production quality.

then on the other hand...I enjoyed seeing the actors I grew to love.... and like seeing them trying to keep the genre alive by creating it.

I hope Renegades gets the backing it needs ( both monitarily and via expertise) in order to get good equipment ( cameras, sound and editing equipment, etc) , and the ability to garner skilled advice, programmers and experience into their family.

I say good luck and god speed to the Renegade team :cool:

Renegades will get the money it needs.
    Why? It is star trek.

One thing Paramount and JJ understand but CBS does not: Star Trek Fans have too much money.

Which is why there is no Star Trek on TV anymore. Because ratings is what matters. Ratings brings in commercials. Commercials pay for the show.
    But HBO and Netflix and the like found another way of making TV.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh hey, I remember their Kickstarter campaign. What happened to that?

EDIT: Also, it's made more than double the requested amount already.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The whole Renegades aspect reminds me of Section 31. I would much rather a show based around Sloan and his activities than seeing grandpa Chekov and senile Tuvok concoct some sort of, the Federation needs saving TRIBBLE.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hey they got Grant from Mythbusters !

it will be like a Macguyver in space !!!!!

:cool:
    I'd rather poke needles in my eyes than see the Tovak character again.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    I'd rather poke needles in my eyes than see the Tovak character again.

Click me .... I dare ya ! we know you want to.

do it...doo eet.......Dooo Eeet !!!!
    I know Tim Russ knows Tuvok inside and out, but I'm wondering how in the galaxy is he justifying Tuvok leading Section 31. Though both hold Federation security dear, the methods are radically different. IMHO, Tuvok would likely have said something like "the ends do not justify the means".
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's stuff like this that makes me wish I had more money.

Agreed.

And then there is the fact I am under 18, so I cannot choose to spend anything and at anytime.

I have to ask my parents.

And considering I have just taken out a subscription to a Star Trek magazine, Zen is going to be embarrassing to ask.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...