test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Mining Rights

ronofborgronofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Could we make it so that we can gamble away or do something with the Dilithium mining rights tokens. It's rediculous that it's only once a day and you get them so many times out of boxes:eek:! Right now one toon has 384 of them....plz allow us to do something.

My Idea:

Allow us to gamble up to 5 mining rights, do the mission and what we get for one we get for all the right at that time. Another is we do the same but we get 50% for each one used after the first.

Please post your ideas so Cryptic can have an idea of what we could do to ease this issue.

Thanks
Post edited by ronofborg on

Comments

• sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think that because of the buildup of these items(and with a full Tier 3 mine) We should be able to get dual use out of them....

that is to say we use the one on the rich vein at the asteroid proper

then we get to use one or two a day on the fleet mine's Tier 3 rich veins along with the mines daily claim(or even forgo that claim for that day with the pass)....

Sure that's a surplus of Dili in one day but having a stack of 50+ Dilitium passes is also kinda.... just... wow.. Will i get through them all before i get more? probably not....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Even with that surplus it is still regulated by the refining cap of that character. You could do them all in one day but the refining cap stops the flooding of the market. Unlike other dilithium sources this is a one character thing only.
    edited August 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    Even with that surplus it is still regulated by the refining cap of that character. You could do them all in one day but the refining cap stops the flooding of the market. Unlike other dilithium sources this is a one character thing only.

But at a 5k max haul on the Rich vein you're still shaving 3k off a second pass with the 8k refinement cap... in a sense you're not flooding the market.... but you ARE slowly getting rid of the surplus of "potential" Dilitium in favor of actually having it in your hands for later refining.
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    But at a 5k max haul on the Rich vein you're still shaving 3k off a second pass with the 8k refinement cap... in a sense you're not flooding the market.... but you ARE slowly getting rid of the surplus of "potential" Dilitium in favor of actually having it in your hands for later refining.

Without rich mining, I don't do the lottery, I'm well above my refining cap daily. However I can't flood the market because of that cap. Now if I can get to well above my refining cap without rich mining, then I would make a presumption those with the things can also do this.

I was supporting the idea that there should be some way for those with them to use them a tad more often because the refining cap stops the flooding of the market as it gates how much you can actually make in a day that can be used.
    edited August 2013
    It just seemed like you were shooting down the idea because of the refinement cap. Text and intent of text rarely align properly...
  • havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the tokens themselves are fine (character bound), but the boxes they come in should be account bound, so you have a choice of which character will be stuck with them, without having to split your character bound lobis when you open the lockbox.

You can't make it a trade-able material, because it's directly tied to Dilithium which is the grind directly tied to real money zen. It would give players a way to directly convert EC to Dili, undermining the virtual marketplace.

The refinement cap is static in all cases, so as a variable it doesn't really matter imo.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You have over a years worth of not really having to worry about the mining cap on those toons ever again.

I don't see what the complaint is.

My only complaint is that I don't get enough of these types of things from opening boxes.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    either make them account bound or remove the one a day cap. thers already a cap anyways

personaly id prefer accound wide as it would help with beating the 8k cap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ronofborg wrote: »
    Could we make it so that we can gamble away or do something with the Dilithium mining rights tokens. It's rediculous that it's only once a day and you get them so many times out of boxes:eek:! Right now one toon has 384 of them....plz allow us to do something.

My Idea:

Allow us to gamble up to 5 mining rights, do the mission and what we get for one we get for all the right at that time. Another is we do the same but we get 50% for each one used after the first.

Please post your ideas so Cryptic can have an idea of what we could do to ease this issue.

Thanks

If you don't want them mail them to me gives me a nice little boost to my diltihitum cost for a couple of minutes work
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    If you don't want them mail them to me gives me a nice little boost to my diltihitum cost for a couple of minutes work

Your signature describes my feelings of this statement....