test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subspace transceiver console issues

talajtalaj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
At the moment if both of your pets get killed, the remnants remain floating in space and the console doesn't automatically set itself on cooldown. Not sure if that's intended or not, but given the lack of a hangar-style craft display it's almost impossible to keep track of whether these pets are still alive or not.

The support craft also appears to spend all of its time wasting its cooldowns healing the control craft, as in the combat logs that I've looked at I've seen plenty of HE2 heals on the control craft, but none on myself or the vessels of other players.

They also seem to be incredibly weak in terms of shields/hull - to the point where using them in a simple Tau Dewa system patrol sees them dead within 10-15 seconds of the start of combat - and their weapons aren't much to write home about either. Their AI also doesn't appear to include the capacity to avoid core breaches.

I know these aren't "proper" hangar craft, but it might be worth considering treating them as if they are. After all, it requires giving up a console slot in order to make use of them - whilst carriers get additional slots for their pets - so they should be relatively comparable. I'm not asking for advanced romulan drones, but at least something worthwhile, otherwise the console is relatively useless beyond using it to get the 2-piece wave cannon-related bonus - which is a real shame because it looks awesome when these craft detach from the hull of the Monbosh.
Post edited by talaj on

Comments

• Options
    deathplatformdeathplatform Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree 100%, totally disappointed by the console, totally unusable, I mean to the point where its not just a "bad ability" but instead I think its just broken.

I really hope this can get some attention from the developers
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it does get attention. I would like the Mobius Manheim also looked at. Terrible and suicidal...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    talaj wrote: »
    At the moment if both of your pets get killed, the remnants remain floating in space and the console doesn't automatically set itself on cooldown. Not sure if that's intended or not, but given the lack of a hangar-style craft display it's almost impossible to keep track of whether these pets are still alive or not.

The support craft also appears to spend all of its time wasting its cooldowns healing the control craft, as in the combat logs that I've looked at I've seen plenty of HE2 heals on the control craft, but none on myself or the vessels of other players.

They also seem to be incredibly weak in terms of shields/hull - to the point where using them in a simple Tau Dewa system patrol sees them dead within 10-15 seconds of the start of combat - and their weapons aren't much to write home about either. Their AI also doesn't appear to include the capacity to avoid core breaches.

I know these aren't "proper" hangar craft, but it might be worth considering treating them as if they are. After all, it requires giving up a console slot in order to make use of them - whilst carriers get additional slots for their pets - so they should be relatively comparable. I'm not asking for advanced romulan drones, but at least something worthwhile, otherwise the console is relatively useless beyond using it to get the 2-piece wave cannon-related bonus - which is a real shame because it looks awesome when these craft detach from the hull of the Monbosh.

Carriers get "extra" slots, but at least for the full carriers, they give up both a fore & aft weapon for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    1. Yes, the healing AI on the support craft blows. I've seen it heal my plasma torpedoes more often than me.
    2. Ideally, the ability should run with a normal cooldown that starts when you spawn the ships so you can respawn them every 3 minutes (like the Andorian cannon drones). But at the very least it should automatically go on cooldown when both ships are killed.