test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking to buy 500 Strange Alien Artifacts for 250 mill EC

osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
also trace particles in bulk or anything other things in bulk for an investment price that you don't fill like waiting around to sell on the exchange.
Contact me in game @osirisraa
Post edited by osirisraa on

Comments

• ozzyracerozzyracer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    umm wow lol who the hell has 500 and what do you want them for?
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow.................

Some thoughts:
    - Last time I checked on the exchange a week ago they went for something around 700k. You're offering 500k a piece. Given the increase in demand your offer causes I doubt you'll get them for that price. Or simply put: bad offer.
    - You might also want to check out this thread in case you don't know it yet http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=541701 Given that some time has passed since then I recommend some new calculations of the expected value of return.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if joking or...?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ferengi much ?
    2010 is my join date.
  • osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ozzyracer wrote: »
    umm wow lol who the hell has 500 and what do you want them for?

Fabrication missions, I Fabricate consoles and then put them on the exchange
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To continue a joke I use on ESD...

*clears throat*

"So you are looking to EXCHANGE energy credits for someone else's goods? If only there were a network of other like minded people who are looking to EXCHANGE things for your EC. Like.. if there were a system.. or something where you could post something for... a price... and then have other players EXCHANGE their EC with you.

It would have to be someplace convenient. Like on every major hub in the game. That would allow all the players easy access to this place, making it easier for them to EXCHANGE their goods and EC.

Damn.. if only there were such a system in place. Such a shame."
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Back down guys. The OP is simply looking for a bulk purchase, finding these sorts of numbers on the exchange isn't easy.

I agree he's perhaps shooting low on price, but if that's what he's willing to offer nobody's obliged to sell :) Let it run it's course, you never know :)
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited August 2013
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    To continue a joke "So you are looking to EXCHANGE energy credits for someone else's goods? If only there were a network of other like minded people who are looking to EXCHANGE things for your EC. Like.. if there were a system.. or something where you could post something for... a price... and then have other players EXCHANGE their EC with you.It would have to be someplace convenient. Like on every major hub in the game. That would allow all the players easy access to this place, making it easier for them to EXCHANGE their goods and EC.
    Damn.. if only there were such a system in place. Such a shame."

After mail system nerf, there are some people (me included ) that can't use exchange any more or send mails with attachment so I guess OP will find somebody willing to trade even if the price is lower than on Exchange
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    dova25 wrote: »
    After mail system nerf, there are some people (me included ) that can't use exchange any more or send mails with attachment so I guess OP will find somebody willing to trade even if the price is lower than on Exchange

What does the mail nerf have to do with buying off the exchange?
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »

Storage of said items.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dova25 wrote: »

That's what you get for being a greedy hoarder. Now the only thing for you to do is delete (or give away) enough of your TRIBBLE that you can once again post items. Then, post the remainder of your backlog up for reasonable prices (i.e. slightly lower than the current lowest).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    That's what you get for being a greedy hoarder. Now the only thing for you to do is delete (or give away) enough of your TRIBBLE that you can once again post items. Then, post the remainder of your backlog up for reasonable prices (i.e. slightly lower than the current lowest).

Oh, aren't you an entitled soul. :rolleyes:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    osirisraa wrote: »
    also trace particles in bulk or anything other things in bulk for an investment price that you don't fill like waiting around to sell on the exchange.
    Contact me in game @osirisraa

I have a few thousand each of Shapeshifting lockets and Jevonite.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    osirisraa wrote: »
    Fabrication missions, I Fabricate consoles and then put them on the exchange

yeah, one per 1,9 mil+, extremyl nice profit :)
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you might like to consider this before you go mad with consoles . very slowly but surely fleet vendors are making mk 12 consoles obsolete and its not a far stretch of the imagination that tactical consoles will be next
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Back down guys. The OP is simply looking for a bulk purchase, finding these sorts of numbers on the exchange isn't easy.

I agree he's perhaps shooting low on price, but if that's what he's willing to offer nobody's obliged to sell :) Let it run it's course, you never know :)

The problem here, is that bulk purchases of rare items in STO don't work the same way it does in real life.

I can charge MORE for 100 artefacts than I can selling them in stacks of 5. There's a very simple reason for this - they are high demand items, and hard to get hold of in bulk.

The people looking to buy lots of artifacts/contraband are doing so because it's less effort on their part, it saves them a lot of time and effort hawking the exchange and buying them all up and waiting for the price to go down. If artifacts are selling currently at 700k each, you can probably only buy 20-40 before the price has risen to 800k, so it doesn't make sense that I'd sell all of mine for 500k. I might take the current lowest market price for all of them, but I'd never go less than that because it's bad business to do so. Anyone that has 1,000 artifacts or a few thousand contraband is likely an experienced player who knows how to make his money and understands the way the market goes.

Selling 50 artifacts at market price is extremely easy, you can always find a buyer. If I had 500 to sell then I would likely split them into stacks of 50. Ten stacks of 50 at market price wouldn't take you that long to sell - and when you're talking about such a large amount of EC nobody is going to say "Nah, I'll sell them at a 200k discount and lose out on 75m+ profit for the convenience of not having to advertise for 2 hours" - because throwing away 37.5m/hour for sitting in chat advertising would be insane. Even if you have 50 characters, it's going to take you over a month to farm 500 artifacts. That's a lot of effort to put in, to sell them stupidly cheap.

The crux of my post is this: If you want 500 artifacts in bulk, from one buyer, expect to pay market price for them. If not, you'll have to spend countless hours getting them all.

(NB: Numbers used in this post are for illustrative examples only)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited August 2013
    bruccy wrote: »
    you might like to consider this before you go mad with consoles . very slowly but surely fleet vendors are making mk 12 consoles obsolete and its not a far stretch of the imagination that tactical consoles will be next

Also, this.

We will eventually get fleet tactical consoles, the market will crash and it'll take the alien artifacts with it. When that day comes, I'll need to find a new market to replace my spending money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »

Maybe he's filled his mail with things that didn't sell, and doesn't know you can take them out?
    Taking the current asking price and the Exchange for Strange Alien Artifacts and rounding it down 500 of them would be worth about 350 Million EC and that's on the low end ;)

I've just recently got back into running the Proto Type Console Doff mission and I gotten lucky with a few results and was able to sell some of them for over 30 million EC each more in the case of the Antiproton Mag consoles.

Tactical Consoles will always be in demand regardless of whether Fleet Tactical Consoles become available IMO.

Another thing that you have to take into account is that the best consoles that we can get from running the Doff mission are the very same consoles that can be found in the Zen store Doff packs has added possible prizes and I doubt that Cryptic would want to take away from the draw of those packs by giving us shore fire ways to get the Tactical Consoles that we all need ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, aren't you an entitled soul

calling someone entitled for stating the fact that the person is a greedy packrat - when that is exactly what that person is, doesn't make you look too bright
    edited August 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Tactical Consoles will always be in demand regardless of whether Fleet Tactical Consoles become available IMO.

That entirely depends on what tactical consoles we get from the fleet system.

If we get tactical consoles equivalent to current XII purples for 10k dil and 20k fleet credit (or however much the embassy/mine consoles cost) then the current console market would crash because the demand would shoot down.

I suspect we'll get some form of prefire chamber and beam consoles with perks. They could easily make them comparable to "current-gen" high end tac consoles.

Who would pay 40m for a console when they can get one for 20k dil?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Not sure if joking or...?

I like that symbol, the Federation melded together with the Raptors Wings, would make a pretty nifty Fed-Rom combadge..... just sayin :P
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
    edited August 2013
    bruccy wrote: »

This seems to be a sad truth so far. In my experience I see many M.M.O. die because of this disease, normally known as bind and grind clone and drone syndrome (BGCDS) , Or also know as raid gear or non random loot gear (in sto case fleet gear) and random loot gear go into a major imbalance in viability.

I'm hoping the STO team set a new trend for MMOs and keeps the balance required. Saving grace will be if they ever raise the LVL cap to Fleet Admiral making Fabrication MK XIV, but its main reason why I'm only willing to pay 500k each for Artifacts at this time when buying in bulk at 500 pieces.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping the STO team set a new trend for MMOs and keeps the balance required.

So that you can keep buying artifacts cheap (sometimes, as in this post, below market rate, when you can find someone who doesn't know what they're really worth) and crafting/flipping them for X00% profit? Yes, I'm sure you do. :cool:
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [Redacted]
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited August 2013
    I have a few thousand each of Shapeshifting lockets and Jevonite.

Would you be open to selling?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Like some other person said, Strange Alien Artifacts have their days counted until fleet TAC consoles come out. If someone can sell that many, I would unload them. With Eng and Sci Mk xii purple consoles being rendered practically junk, it's harder to make a profit off console building. Cryptic has been on a EC value destroying rampage for a couple of months now. They are pushing everyone into a FC+Dil economy.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Cryptic has been on a EC value destroying rampage for a couple of months now. They are pushing everyone into a FC+Dil economy.

And I am completely accepting of this. A Fleet Credit and Dilithium economy is accessible to everyone WITHOUT having to treat STO like a second job, or without having to spend ridiculous amounts of real-life currency to convert to credits (selling keys or participating in the box lottery) or grinding credits through drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    And I am completely accepting of this. A Fleet Credit and Dilithium economy is accessible to everyone WITHOUT having to treat STO like a second job, or without having to spend ridiculous amounts of real-life currency to convert to credits (selling keys or participating in the box lottery) or grinding credits through drops.

If Cryptic really wanted to kill EC they would make it so that we could still sell our lock box and Lobi Store items freely but only for GPL ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    errab wrote: »

True but not as high a demand as currently is.