test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashes in uniform editor.

alex0112alex0112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
On one of my characters got a new bridge officer, but when I click on the new officer at the tailor, the whole game crashes. I tried again on my other characters, but the same thing happens. Has anyone found a solution? This is getting very frusterating.
Post edited by alex0112 on

Comments

• stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did solve a *similar* issue (not a new officer, any bridge officer) with a file verification.

You can force one to happen on launch form the options menu in the launcher. Took about 15 minutes.

I don't know whether a Steam "verify files" would achieve the same thing, if you're running Steam, but it might be worth a shot if the former doesn't work.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Game crashed hard on me at the tailor also but it was when I tried to purchase changes to 1 of my own costume slots.

Stupid LoR screwed up all of the head and body sliders for all of my characters setting them to some default spots.

I was going through all created costume slots on my main redoing all costumes.

I have 16 created slots with 11 free. I have the view set to Large Preview. Starting with the top left slot going right, it was slot #15 (counting all 3 free slots since I'm in a fleet).

I got everything the way I wanted and purchased the changes. However, the changes didn't happen (I didn't notice if it took my EC or not). My costume slot still had the old appearance. I exited the tailor and reentered it and the slot still wasn't changed. So I chose to modify it and redid the entire thing. Right when I chose to purchase the changes the game crashed hard.

After verifying the files and logging back in, the changes did take affect and the EC price of the changes was gone (I looked the second time when modifying it to see how much EC I had before purchasing the changes).

I really wish they would fix the crashing at the costume tailor. I can live with my Reman and Romulan having screwed up color palates but this is just awful. This is ridiculous. A costume slot sale for a while and the tailor is broken badly. :(

A couple weeks ago I ran into a tailor crash problem and posted it here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=808751 This crash is fully reproduceable. I tried it out 5 times that day and each time it crashed.

(I always force verify the files after every patch before playing the game the first time.)