test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions about GMs

captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Where can we report these people?
If I contact PWE support they spam me commercials about other PWE games but no answers to the problem.

thanks in advance.
Post edited by captainedna on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You want to report GMs?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You should be able to find the answers to any questions you may have in here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=267893

If you don't see an answer, that's probably the right thread to reply in.

Please remember that you can't "name and shame" publicly on the forums if you have a problem with another player, in case the discussion in this thread gets more specific with details.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    You want to report GMs?

yes .If I show you why you will want and everyone will want to do the same.I dont think Im allowed to post the screenshot with the reason ,but trust me cryptic has some really werid people hired to do GM work.
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Please remember that you can't "name and shame" publicly on the forums if you have a problem with another player, in case the discussion in this thread gets more specific with details.

I know that.Thats why I did not posted the screenshot with the problem.

thank you for link.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes .If I show you why you will want and everyone will want to do the same.I dont think Im allowed to post the screenshot with the reason ,but trust me cryptic has some really werid people hired to do GM work.
    First, they are not Cryptic's, but PWE, AFAIK. That probably one reason of why they are what they are.
    Also, usually in any MMO, you have a special mail/phone call for that. On some of them, you also receive a mail asking you to evaluate the GM that answered your petition. However, I can't find any for STO.
    In any MMO, you'll have to have some nasty violation of their rules (harassement, scam, unauthorized use of GM power, cybersex...) to have something to happen.

You can still try the support from the support page, but it will probably end with the same GM or a colleague, and well, it's unlikely to do anything.

So, I suggest you send a personal mail with screenshot to Bran. Just remember, being GM is a job. If he did something wrong, he will probably be fired. If he was just in a bad mood, and closed your petition or something like that, let it go.
    I don't know what happen, I'm just saying it's more than just a game for this guy, so be sure you have good reasons first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    First, they are not Cryptic's, but PWE, AFAIK. That probably one reason of why they are what they are.
    Also, usually in any MMO, you have a special mail/phone call for that. On some of them, you also receive a mail asking you to evaluate the GM that answered your petition. However, I can't find any for STO.
    In any MMO, you'll have to have some nasty violation of their rules (harassement, scam, unauthorized use of GM power, cybersex...) to have something to happen.

You can still try the support from the support page, but it will probably end with the same GM or a colleague, and well, it's unlikely to do anything.

So, I suggest you send a personal mail with screenshot to Bran. Just remember, being GM is a job. If he did something wrong, he will probably be fired. If he was just in a bad mood, and closed your petition or something like that, let it go.
    I don't know what happen, I'm just saying it's more than just a game for this guy, so be sure you have good reasons first.

I cant call beause Im in europe.
    I did not get banned forever or anything like that but the reason I got that 3 hours ban is beyond logic (I posted some doffs named wrong in opvp ...player made channel).I dont know if its normal to spam BranFlakes with people's random problems ,but getting bans for posting ingame items in a player made chat is a serious problem.You dont threat people ,you dont erp nor harras ,you dont exploit or scam ...you simply drag doffs in chat and get bans.Dont tell me you should be banned for saying S**t or posting a doff named like that in a player made channel for your friends to see and laugh.

P.S.When you get banned they will not only ban your sto account ,they will ban you from neverwinter ,champions and sto.Other guy (friend of mine) who did the same thing in the same channel got a warn for the same thing.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like you were silenced in chat, which can happen automatically with no intervention if too many people put you on ignore or if you're reported for spam. Not sure what the threshold is. I'm sure an actual GM could do it too, but I've never encountered one in-game.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Sounds like you were silenced in chat, which can happen automatically with no intervention if too many people put you on ignore or if you're reported for spam. Not sure what the threshold is. I'm sure an actual GM could do it too, but I've never encountered one in-game.

No , I was not silenced.After the 3 hours ban I got the mail with the things I said that were wrong...that thing was the doffs posted in chat ...thats it ...link doffs in chat =ban .It was not in zone chat .

It was that gorn doffs called S**t.Im pretty sure that is not a reason for a ban plus I dont remember working for cryptic to name doffs like that nor any rules that forbid people to link ingame items in chat.
  • Options
    xeero187xeero187 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uh, I don't think that's his name.