test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A message for Xill

xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
If you are here reading the forums, perhaps this will reach you. Xill and I were going to meet in game and the maintenance interrupted as I was about to switch instance. Xill was a very good person to talk to and I don't want to lose contact. Since we didn't add each other to the friends list, I'll put this out here in hopes this reaches you. Xill, if you see this, you can contact me when the game is back up @xtern1ty. I didn't catch your @handle so I don't know whether I'll be able to find you when the game comes back up. Perhaps someone can clarify how the PM system works, if finding a player you were talking with is possible. Anyway, I'll try to get back in touch after maintenance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only a minority of STO players actually use the forums so if you don't know their handle, then it could be impossible. If you know which fleet they belong to, then you could find them through that route.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can try to the search tab, and type in whatever part of his name you remember.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Adorable thread is adorably sweet. Bless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you pm'd them, you might be able to send them a pm or a mail and type in their name and it might create a drop down menu where you can pick their name from it. Worth a shot.
    pvp = small package
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish I had friends.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a feeling that this thread achieved the desired result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    I wish I had friends.

I'll be yer friend... just don't expect any privileges. :P ;):D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh look they want to erp on the forums now.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Last time I erp'd...
    My face was in the toilet.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'll be yer friend... just don't expect any privileges. :P ;):D

Friends with benefits?? :eek:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    Well xtern1ty has some ideas and conversations that are - well - let's say way outside the mainstream of things - so it must have been an interesting chat.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    I have a feeling that this thread achieved the desired result.

Yes it did, thanks to the helpful player in game who knew Xill and was kind enough to share their @handle. We got in touch again and are friends now, he even joined our fleet and has been very helpful too! :)

It is very difficult to find a player again if you don't remember their @handle and don't know when they'll be on. As a rule of thumb, if you find someone who likes talking with you and you like to talk to again, best to add them to your friends list. You never know if the game might crash or something interrupt the conversation.
    Well xtern1ty has some ideas and conversations that are - well - let's say way outside the mainstream of things - so it must have been an interesting chat.

Thank you - as another of those outside of the box thinkers yourself, you would know.
    It's a privilege getting to know people like you and Xill are here playing STO too. No matter what achievements I gain in game, the truly special moments for me are such encounters. The moments I look forward to when travelling through the vast expanse of the STO cosmos. It is a special feeling knowing no matter where we are, we journey the same universe together.

I don't think I'm alone in that feeling; if I was, would be an awful shame. Just like finding intelligent life outside earth, the spaces are vast, which makes it difficult for like minds to encounter. But doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Because when all is said and done, what will live on won't be how many accolades or achievements you gathered, but the places you go and the good people you meet there that makes the adventure memorable. I'm glad to be on that adventure in STO, and look forward to more such moments along the way.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well i'm glad you found your friend, sweety... Now you can debate the long term effects of religious metaphysical discussions with other species again!

As for me... i'll just sit over here and listen to Carl Sagan's creamy voice as he explains the cosmos to me... again...
    ^-^
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • shaitan100shaitan100 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stranger and stranger....
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow... when I first read the title, I was expecting a trashy "I hate you for ruining my fleet/game/life and I hope you suck on a black hole and die of Orion syphilis" thread...

Nope. It was a missed connection thread.

So now I have no reason to use this :(

Oh Well. Cool that you met up your friend and that he has become such a positive force in your fleet. :D Always cool when you get new members that inspire you.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.