test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I logged in this morning to do a little doffing, and my chat isn't working. I tried on all four of my characters (3 Fed, 1 Romulan,) and anytime I try to chat, I get a message from the system telling me that chat is offline. I also can't see any chat, so I'm not sure if its just me, or if its offline for everyone. I have to think its just me though, since I didn't see a thousand threads here about the issue.
I relogged, and did a force verify, but that didn't do anything. Anyone have any ideas? I can't do much in-game, since all the stuff I do now is end game (read multiplayer.) Its sort of impossible to do that when I can't chat with any team mates. I submitted an in-game ticket, #1,909,224, but does anyone have any suggestions or anything?
Post edited by tcostik on

Comments

• jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    humm poor ESD kids what will they do :D
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    humm poor ESD kids what will they do :D

Thanks for the pointless post.
  • raerraer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no, its happened to some others I know, mine hasn't worked since I returned to the game this year (after leaving due to the extreme Launcher-Problems Oct-Nov 2012:mad:), Non-Friend/Team/Fleet cannot message me as well:confused:..tickets got lost somewhere in the mail..
    edited August 2013
    raer2 wrote: »
    no, its happened to some others I know, mine hasn't worked since I returned to the game this year (after leaving due to the extreme Launcher-Problems Oct-Nov 2012:mad:), Non-Friend/Team/Fleet cannot message me as well:confused:..tickets got lost somewhere in the mail..

So you can get/send PM's? I can't even do that. :(
  • notaredshirt79notaredshirt79 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am having the same issue. I also issued a ticket. I cannot chat or /tell. My fleetmates say it shows that I am offline. It started last night. It is very frustrating!:mad:
    edited August 2013
    Now that you mention it, it may have started last night for me as well. I logged on real quick to start some doff projects. I didn't see anyone chatting. I just figured it was a slow period, and I was only on for a couple minutes.
  • rigelvegarigelvega Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am currently having the same issue as well. I'm unable to chat to anyone at all. Nothing! Quite frustrating!
  • zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    My chat server seems to have failed. How widespread is this?

Hard to say. It seems like it's pretty limited, otherwise there'd be a ton of threads about it. It might help if we start posting some information. It might help the devs narrow down the issue.

I'm in northern PA, using Verizon.
    Problem started this morning, possibly last night.
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    has been working for me when I have been online today, ppl where talking at ds9 and in romulan space but haved been earth side today oh hell I saw taxt on chat at Qo'noS and it was not a feet ad
    edited August 2013
    I am in Pittsburgh and have FIOS. Not sure if it has anything to do with the in game chat. Still very frustrating though!
    edited August 2013
    I am in Pittsburgh and have FIOS. Not sure if it has anything to do with the in game chat. Still very frustrating though!

I live about an hour north of Pittsburgh. I wonder if that has something to do with chat being down.
    edited August 2013
    I can't even get into the launcher now. After many attempts, it gave me this message:

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection.
    edited August 2013
    I got mine working. I uninstalled the game, ran ccleaner, then reinstalled. Its an extreme measure, but it seems to be working.