test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Peanut Labs and Rhapsody - Am I SOL?

benniball1benniball1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Peanut Labs has an offer that says:

Free:
Get Rhapsody Today!

I clicked the link and completed the information, including my valid billing information (yes, I know...that was stupid.) Not only did I not get my ZEN, I was immediately charged $9.99 for one month of service with Rhapsody for this "free" offer. The money has already come out of my bank account. I've cancelled the service going forward (I think), but they won't refund my month for this month.

So I filed an issue with Peanut Labs, and this is the canned response I got:
Whenever you notify us about an issue with a survey or offer, we make every effort to mediate with the offer provider or research client on your behalf. Sometimes they are unable to verify your eligibility for the reward, which is why you are not receiving credit to your account. In some instances we are able to make exceptions, but we cannot always reach this resolution for every request submitted. We work hard at identifying broken offers and surveys, so we appreciate your write in and bringing them to the attention of our partners.

Uh, you're welcome? I don't understand this reply at all. Was I just called a liar? What can I do to receive the ZEN I'm owed?
Post edited by benniball1 on

Comments

• tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It means they'll look into it and probably give you the Zen provided you weren't lying outright.

You'll get a person write back to you in a bit asking for "proof" so save your confirmation/welcome email and forward that to the person when they ask and it should get resolved.

Sometimes the companies are very slow at sending the info to them, so I wouldn't worry too much. I had this happen to me and I got awarded my Zen in the end but I haven't done a single one since.
  • hayabusafuryhayabusafury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=799171

There is a whole thread dedicated to the scam that is the PWE/Peanut Labs partnership.

Read the Zen non-payment thread sticky'd at the top of this forum for more proof that PWE is not a honest company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Help rebuild the Romulan Star Empire to glory. Click the banner to join today.

• matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The real scam is solely on Peanut Labs. As much as it pains me to say it, in this case PWE is also a victim who fell for Peanut Labs' con.

PL has been doing this scam long before PWE was anything more than a made-up word on an unsigned piece of paper.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I used to do several surveys using the Earn Zen option, which included PeanutLabs and there was another one I forget the name of, based in the UK I seemed to get the other one more often then it switched to PL more often later on. I gave up doing these in the end and went to turning my dilithium in for Zen. The time spent for the rewards I got at first was good, thin I averaged about 3000 zen in the first month after that I was lucky to hit 100 zen as most of them were the same website under a different name and as they say 'you only get paid once per company' so that was a waste, i had ones that'd disqualify me right at the end again a waste of time and then ones that just didn't give me the zen... I don't think there's many, if any of us who've done these and had a good experience.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • phemkenphemken Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Call your credit card company and see if you can get a chargeback on the payment for Rhapsody.

But yeah, these are a scam and the fact that PWE has chosen to affiliate themselves with an outfit like this reflects very poorly on them as a company.