test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold Subscription Sale [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains, now is the perfect time to go Gold, especially since our three-month Gold subscription sale ends this Thursday, August 8th, 2013 at 10AM PDT. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Excellent promo!
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • phasedscum1phasedscum1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    does this apply to current gold subscriber by any chance?
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not before the Galaxy class has been remade into a good fun to fly ship that isn't outgunned by a galor class.

I'm not going gold one second earlier.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It should be stated that this subscription WILL AUTOMATICALLY renew itself, so If you decide you don't want to subscribe anymore you MUST manually unsubscribe in your account settings before the current subscription expiration date.

...They don't tell anyone that even in the small print.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    does this apply to current gold subscriber by any chance?

Yes, it should. You just go into your account management screen and choose the 3 month promotional. I did this a while back on two of my month-to-month accounts. I just two those off the 3 months for $30 when I went to LTS on those two accounts.

I am still thinking about doing this on my 4th account. Hopefully, this will be still valid when my next allocation of gaming money is available on 8/9.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hate to say this, but if not for my Lifetime Subscription I bought just after game launch (long before F2P was even something I knew existed), I would not be a Gold Member to STO.

STO is fun enough for a FREE game, but with all the pre-existing bugs and continued bad QC that add more and more bugs with each "update" - I honestly wouldn't pay to play this game.

This is especially so when things I pay EXTRA for are not working as advertised (just one example).

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will the people who should be getting stipends finally start getting theirs constantly and consistently as well again, or is this just for new subs?
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seannewboy wrote: »
    Will the people who should be getting stipends finally start getting theirs constantly and consistently as well again, or is this just for new subs?

All 3 of my LTS accounts got the stipend on the day after the LTS payment was made. One of the 3 was a LTS from long ago but the other two got a DOUBLE payment in May and nothing in June. My 3rd account got it's stipend on 7/15 and the 2nd account on 7/22 which is exactly 1 day after I purchased the LTS for those in June and May (respectively).
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seems useless to bother since we never get our stipends anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    It should be stated that this subscription WILL AUTOMATICALLY renew itself, so If you decide you don't want to subscribe anymore you MUST manually unsubscribe in your account settings before the current subscription expiration date.

LOL :D They don't??

Funny, when you go into subscription management and want to select a sub. it's called "3 month recurring subscription".
    It's not Cryptic's fault if people don't bother to read, especailly regarding issues around payments.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited July 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    LOL :D They don't??

Funny, when you go into subscription management and want to select a sub. it's called "3 month recurring subscription".
    It's not Cryptic's fault if people don't bother to read, especailly regarding issues around payments.

Funny how you don't have to go into subscription management to 'activate' your subscription once it's purchased, billing does that for you.

...They just tell you that YOU have to 'deactivate' the subscription.
    :P
    I didn't even know there was a subscription management menu until AFTER an unexpected recurring charge appeared on my credit card.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2013
    Funny how you don't have to go into subscription management to 'activate' your subscription once it's purchased, billing does that for you.

...They just tell you that YOU have to 'deactivate' the subscription.
    :P

I don't get your point? No, you don't need to activate it, but then again, when you buy the subscription it clearly states that you're buying a recurring one. 'Recurring' as in 'repetitive' - it's pretty clear that you have to deactivate it if you want to end the loop, why would they deactivate a recurring subscription?? :confused:

The way I see it, it's a good thing and they're doing the customer a favor with the recurring subs, so I don't have to bother renewing the sub every month/3 months/etc. If you want to cancel it, you only do it once, much less effort than manually renewing the sub. monthly.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I don't get your point? No, you don't need to activate it, but then again, when you buy the subscription it clearly states that you're buying a recurring one. 'Recurring' as in 'repetitive' - it's pretty clear that you have to deactivate it if you want to end the loop, why would they deactivate a recurring subscription?? :confused:

The way I see it, it's a good thing and they're doing the customer a favor with the recurring subs, so I don't have to bother renewing the sub every month/3 months/etc. If you want to cancel it, you only do it once, much less effort than manually renewing the sub. monthly.

It doesn't actually say this sale is for a recurring subscription, does it.
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=946201

It says "as long as you remain continuously subscribed, you will be able to enjoy this promotional pricing on your future renewals", so one can only assume it is recurring.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2013
    It doesn't actually say this sale is for a recurring subscription, does it.
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=946201

It says "as long as you remain continuously subscribed, you will be able to enjoy this promotional pricing on your future renewals", so one can only assume it is recurring.

It doesn't say it on the main page. However if someone decides to sub. and clicks any of the 2 links offered on that page, those links will take them to a place where they can select the type of sub. they want to have, amongst which there is the promotional one availible for now. This is the place where you select the payment methods and the type of sub. and where it clearly says 'recurring'.
    I hope people don't subscribe to anything just by clicking buttons and not reading anything in the process.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    increased Foundry access

Explain...
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It doesn't say it on the main page. However if someone decides to sub. and clicks any of the 2 links offered on that page, those links will take them to a place where they can select the type of sub. they want to have, amongst which there is the promotional one availible for now. This is the place where you select the payment methods and the type of sub. and where it clearly says 'recurring'.
    I hope people don't subscribe to anything just by clicking buttons and not reading anything in the process.

I concur. It DOES clearly state "recurring" when you go to select which type of subscription to wish to purchase.

It has said that for years.
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've said this to many people I've played with since sto went ftp. What's the point of going gold? I have 15$ in my hand, I can either buy a 1-month gold sub or get 15 dollars worth of zen. In my mind the zen wins in almost every scenario. Ever since STO went FTP the gold and lifetime benefits have really faltered to impress.

I'm not saying don't spend money on STO (that's a different conversation ;)), What I'm saying is spend the money in a way that returns the maximum benefit to your character.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've said this to many people I've played with since sto went ftp. What's the point of going gold? I have 15$ in my hand, I can either buy a 1-month gold sub or get 15 dollars worth of zen. In my mind the zen wins in almost every scenario. Ever since STO went FTP the gold and lifetime benefits have really faltered to impress.
    If nothing else for subscribing for one month you get an account bank with two rows of inventory space (a $20 zen cost, the account bank also lets you store ec and withdraw it on any of your characters across all factions). Any character you level will get per character extra inventory space during your month of gold time. You'll also get some free respect tokens.

For anyone who hasn't gone gold before, it's 3 months for $30. Provided you don't spend any of it you'll get half it back in 3 installments via the monthly stipends. You can then turn around and use that 1,500 stipend zen to purchase the ec cap increase when you go back to silver while keeping all the other gold stuff you accumulated during the three month period.
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do you get to keep extra bank space after subscription runs out?

Do you get the new veteran ships when you go gold, or do you have to be gold + the number of days the reward takes, 1000 days for the ship?
    edited July 2013
    Do you get to keep extra bank space after subscription runs out?
    yes
    Do you get the new veteran ships when you go gold, or do you have to be gold + the number of days the reward takes, 1000 days for the ship?
    You get to keep the accumulated days that you were subscribed for, when you reach 1000 days subscribed you can claim the vet ship.

Word is that you lose the ec cap when you revert back to silver status. I can't say for sure it's true or not.
    You also get an additional character slot that you can keep, provided you don't erase the character in that slot after you revert to silver.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The last patch broke things. Not a good way to entice people to subscribe.

EDIT: Neither does stealth nerfs. :P
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Used to be that way, After the Legacy of Romulas patch hit I lost access to all the stuff I got with my collectors addition (bank slots, inventory, account bank, and bridge officer slots, still have red matter though). Still, if your are going to play month after month, I still say zen is the better way to go.
  • kommander1988kommander1988 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hate to say this, but if not for my Lifetime Subscription I bought just after game launch (long before F2P was even something I knew existed), I would not be a Gold Member to STO.

STO is fun enough for a FREE game, but with all the pre-existing bugs and continued bad QC that add more and more bugs with each "update" - I honestly wouldn't pay to play this game.

This is especially so when things I pay EXTRA for are not working as advertised (just one example).

:(

And for myself, as a Lifer since closed Beta, bought things, blah blah...apparently not giving me my "perk" of 500 Zen since May is supposed to now be a feature, rather than a flaw.

I wouldn't pay for any type of sub to the game if this is how things are "designed" to work going forward...either deliver on your promises, or fix things so you *can* deliver on those promises before you try to deliver even more non-deliverables. :mad:
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After the last problems with the stipends and the auto renew of my past gold subscription, I don't know if in this time works well.

After leaving enough $$ in my credit card to renew, the billing process looked strange in my visa card. In some moments, the next biling go to october and some days later september and now, cancelled.

The customer support (billing and technical) are really complicated and problematic. Difficult to handle and has a very large delay in answering or even try to solve problems.

Because of the huge delay to delivery answers and check the tickets updates, and the low quality of care being gold, I did not feel motivated to continue renew a gold account. PW/Crypt can produce good games, but needs to improve greatly the quality of customer service and be more clear, direct and honest when dealing with technical problems before your consumers think about to cancel a long time subscription or quit the game because a worse consumer support experience.

The gold subscription is interesting, with or without discount. But the technical support and the low amounth of the stipend does not make it worthwhile enough.

It would be interesting to receive 600 or even 750 Zen, or at least, receive lockbox keys in every month at the rate of one extra key monthly in every 100 days as a reward veteran. If you have 500 days, take 6 keys, as example.

What Crypt/PW need is to add a new value signing a gold. Customer support is lacking quality. And the rewards should be more tangible, justifying the monthly subscription without interruption.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • crazygunnerrrcrazygunnerrr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Dude, that's absolutely normal... you need to find more important things to complain about.

Like how they are showing a 1000 day veteran ship when they are trying to sell you 90 days.
  • cockroach43cockroach43 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is a good idea especially if:

you get disconnected from the server during battle (Azure Nebula, Infected and so on).

you enter a new map during a mission and have to watch "patching ... patching ... patching" 5 files, 10 files, 50 files with download speeds from 5 to 50 kBit/sec and looking at the message "server not responding" for 5 or 10 minutes.

you see that the apperance of items (Kaless batlet looks now as it has been grabed out of a
    "car compression chamber"), crew members (color of skin and/or faces) changes,

you find out that bugs you have reported month ago are not fixed yet (mail system message " .. expired", trying to delete the message sends the operating system "into the woods" !!!),

you encounter new bugs as interacting with certain items on "New Romulus" (singing rocks,
    and other stuff) sends the operating system "into the woods" !!!,

you (at last but not least) try to disable that stupid picture of that flying sun burned tourist at Risa in the options, and it keeps appearing every time you start STO

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Greetings from a flying cockroach

Have fun
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [We're] giving you a monthly stipend..

Oh dear Lord; I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair! Still it's better than being reduced to tears by customer service for asking why I *still* haven't been paid my due stipend.

And no I didn't ever get double. Even billing looked into it and said I didn't get double. They just said that I don't earn a stipend for 3 months. But hey, not your problem/department.
    snip

Sarcasm much? None of those things listed are improved by being Gold or Lifetime. I personally believe they are worse if you are those because you notice them more.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Word is that you lose the ec cap when you revert back to silver status. I can't say for sure it's true or not.

You do lose it, however it only costs 500 zen to unlock it and as you can buy that for dil it isn't that much of a hardship.

If you are over the 10mil cap when you go silver you do not lose the money that is over the cap you just can not earn anymore until you go below the cap.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    STO is a great game. I love playing it. Given the arrogant, careless and disrespectful way I am being treated as a customer the last thing I will do is buying a subscription.

Change your attitude and I will change mine.
  • potasssiumpotasssium Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I picked this sale up last time have, been enjoying my membership for 450 or so days. Wish I could have afforded or justified a LTS one of the times it was on sale, but this is easier on the wallet.

I guess I am in the minority or being a happy camper.
    Thanks for the Advanced Light Cruiser, Allied Escort Bundles, Jem-Hadar Light Battlecruiser, and Mek'leth
    New Content Wishlist
    T6 updates for the Kamarag & Vor'Cha
    Heavy Cruiser & a Movie Era Style AoY Utility Cruiser
    Dahar Master Jacket

This discussion has been closed.