Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 23, 2013

2»

Comments

• Options
    guili1guili1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With all the AI enhancements and UI enhancements I am missing one detail.

The ability that my Pets can attack a specific target and not attacking my target.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's something we would love to bring back in the future after it's re-worked. We don't have an ETA to share at this time for that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Then why on Earth remove it? :confused:

Leave the current one in, and replace it when the re-worked version is ready. With one fully broken Borg STF we are already a little thin on team PVE content, don't make it any worse.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why wasn't the cooldown on Cannon: Rapid Fire reduced for Attack Ships along with Beam Overload? Or on the Elite Jem'Hadar Fighters? And for that matter, why not make DEM 45 seconds or so on the JH Fighters so that they can have some hope of decent damage despite their complete lack of a torpedo?

Are the cooldowns on the Tholian hanger pets (FaW on Widows and Mesh Weavers, APB3 on Mesh Weavers) comparable in length already? Shouldn't they be balanced along these lines too?

IIRC for player ships DEM's cd is 90 seconds when fully skilled so reducing the CD below that on Jem'Hadar Fighters would be a bad idea without a subsequent decrease in CD for the BOFF ability.
  • Options
    zarxidejackozarxidejacko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Scimitar birds still buged, no customization aviable. Hope it wont get into live.
    2010 is my join date.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Salami, a number of playable small craft have innate abilities, too- Peregrines get CRF, Danubes have a tractor, the Captain's Yacht has EPtS, for a few examples. But these abilities are "unskilled", so they have very long cooldowns compared to a properly trained boff ability. Any chance you guys could think about adjusting this, too?
  • Options
    qelmeqelme Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about fixing the "unable to acquire this hangar pet, you must own a (insert ship name here)". I want my advanced Tholian Weavers, but i can't buy them and yes, I have the Recluse.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Um when of when will you fix the ship customization so that we can actually customize our Scimitars?! It's been broken for a while and this is going on Holodeck tomorrow morning. :mad:
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No launching sounds for (Elite) Slavers yet?

What might be a cool idea, if they successfully ram a target and die in process your next spawned skull gets the same rank from it's former self.

That way they can level while using their main attack ability.

To loose stars they just have to die any other way when ram isn't engaged.

That or a successful ram grants 100% hull heal to the fighter?

yeah sounds cool. but i havnt heard or seen any info about skull fighters.

i bet its going to be the red head step child of this carrier stuff.

as the whole point of skulls if they ram killing them selfs lets face it klingons dont care what happend to the pilots they die in honor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also I cannot claim the Daeinos Warbird.
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What might be a cool idea, if they successfully ram a target and die in process your next spawned skull gets the same rank from it's former self.
    That way they can level while using their main attack ability.
    That or a successful ram grants 100% hull heal to the fighter?
    the problem is - AI scripts are "generic" and apply to every pet. if those kamikaze retain their XP so will do any other pets.
    also ramming is a "generic" skill that every one has, changing it would change the players as well.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    • The mission "Terradome" has been removed.

Terradome has finally been taken out back and shot, a fate Heretic barely saved it from so long ago. Not like anyone EVER played it, it was never worth it. Ever.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Terradome is up on to be reworked...

Calling it now: Undine Reputation and teh mission will return as a butchered up grindtastic queue event. :eek::rolleyes:
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    Jem Hadar attack ship pets are reward enough...why ask for more? You are already special for owning the JHAS to even be able to get those pets in the first place.

To bad they still cant compete with elite meshweavers or the new elite drone ships haha

Why would you expect the devs to go and rebalance the pet cooldowns and explicitly leave one out purely because "owning it is reward enough" unless you're bitter over not having them yourself? No matter how you look at it, if they're going to rebalance pet cooldowns they should do it fairly and evenly for all of them.

And to ask it again, since it's been several pages:

Are the JHAS and Elite JHFs getting their Cannon: Rapid Fire rebalanced to the skilled cooldown? Are Tholian pets at all getting their cooldowns adjusted for FaW and, in the case of Mesh Weavers, APB? What are the cooldowns on Yellowstones going to look like?
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Hangar Pets with multiple cooldown abilities would be subject to an enormous swing in overall effectiveness, if all of their cooldowns were modified this drastically in a single patch. We're taking it one ability at a time, and examining the feedback from both internal testing and players, as well as performing some of our own parsing, before considering the alteration of additional cooldowns.

In other words - baby steps. If these pets end up needing additional tuning, after this round of cooldown reductions, then we'll look into it.

As for specific questions of "why X cooldown instead of Y cooldown?" - the ones that were chosen to be reduced in this patch are the ones we feel these pets can benefit the most greatly from, given their current AI configurations, equipment and survivability.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hangar Pets with multiple cooldown abilities would be subject to an enormous swing in overall effectiveness, if all of their cooldowns were modified this drastically in a single patch. We're taking it one ability at a time, and examining the feedback from both internal testing and players, as well as performing some of our own parsing, before considering the alteration of additional cooldowns.

In other words - baby steps. If these pets end up needing additional tuning, after this round of cooldown reductions, then we'll look into it.

As for specific questions of "why X cooldown instead of Y cooldown?" - the ones that were chosen to be reduced in this patch are the ones we feel these pets can benefit the most greatly from, given their current AI configurations, equipment and survivability.

how does the star pet lvling up system work with skull fighters?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The mission "Terradome" has been removed.

OHHHHHHHH, Will it be re released? I liked it kind of. OK except the last part ( to much combat.)
  • Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2013

So why aren't the Tholian pets being adjusted at all, then? Why does the Drone Ship get both its abilities reduced yet the other frigates only get one reduced?
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They should remove all the bugged missions in the game, that way we can all grind the 2 or 3 remaining missions for the next 2 years.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's something we would love to bring back in the future after it's re-worked. We don't have an ETA to share at this time for that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Buy why take it out? :confused: I mean it's hardly the worst mission in the game, I mean seriously, if quality is a metric we should lose half of the Federation missions from launch.

I hope this is a sign of a re-work being imminent, maybe in line with the next season, but removing content without a reason is always troubling as we rarely see it return (and frankly Terradome was quite awesome in it's way)
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

While I can't speak for everyone, I do appreciate you guys taking baby steps with this due to all of the problems that pets cause in PvP (especially pets with sci abilities).

Why remove Terradome? It is a popular mission within our fleet and always offers a challenge.

tobar26th wrote: »
    Buy why take it out?

My guess is that it's the kind of mission that they are not happy about, it is not connected to anything specifically (like level up progression or level up story arcs) and it's probably a frustrating event for new/inexperienced players.

I expect it will be revamped and back on the menu the same way the CE/CEE was.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    I dont think you understand what that change means...it is not a nerf, its buffing the scorpions...70 seconds was the cooldown on high yield ability for that fighter, now its 30 seconds.

Sounds a whole let better to me :)

That quote right there tells me you never piloted a carrier. Oh yeah you equipped one and you sat in it but you didn't pilot it.

Even after I explained it to you, you still don't get it.

http://www.i.imgur.com/KdhdjGL.jpg

So that's for you, maybe a picture will help you warp your head around it. In this here case we talking 2 bays of scorpions.

Everytime you reload or respawn a wing they will fire HY again - you of course don't wait for the cooldown which they posted was 70 seconds. (which I disagree with from what I tested albeit granted it's rare you keep them alive for that long)

That aside, you are still looking at the shield facing problem and unresponsive pets.

You just lost the entirety of your dps and control over your pets - this is exclusively about people complaining about "pet spam", nothing more
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please do bring it back when it's re-worked.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

While I appreciate the attention being paid to space pets (thank you very much, Aquarius-class U.S.S. Exploder!), when will you guys put some attention on ground pets? Hortas have been pretty badly bugged since LoR - I've had several instances where they just disappear 15 seconds into the fight (literally) surrounded by targets, among other things. I've got a theory or two as to what might be happening mechanics-wise, but as of now their effectiveness is almost entirely gutted.