test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Nexus

caveelcaveel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Ten Forward
Does anyone else think that in Star Trek Generations when Kirk and Picard went "back in time" they were still in the Nexus, only a simulation of what they wanted! Or is it just me and im crazy....
Post edited by caveel on

Comments

• Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I try not to think about that movie at all. It makes me ill.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In First Contact, Worf had knowledge of events happening at Deep Space Nine after Picard entered the Nexus - just the fact that he was at DS9 wouldn't be known to Picard. We can corroborate things he says against events on DS9.

In both Insurrection and Nemesis, multiple characters including Picard knew about the Dominion War in detail (some of which can be corroborated in DS9), but as Generations is stardated between The Jem'hadar and The Search, the only thing Picard would have known of the Dominion was that first contact had gone badly.

If Picard were still in the Nexus, we should be unable to corroborate outside events between later films and DS9.

There's also some two-way corroboration, as events in Generations are corroborated in both DS9 and Voyager. Worf, Barclay, and Riker were all on the Enterprise when it crashed, and we see that the Nexus does not sweep over their location when it picks up Soran and Picard. Had Picard stayed in the Nexus, they would have died in the supernova. However, Worf is transferred to DS9 (where he confirms that the Enterprise was destroyed), Barclay to Jupiter Station, and Riker is... somewhere when Q transports him briefly to Voyager. All three are seen in contexts outside of Picard's hypothetical fantasy, corroborating that they did survive. Therefore, Picard and Kirk's escape is confirmed.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Picard and Kirk NEVER left the nexus. They're still there living in their own imaginary universe while the newly redirected ribbon is devouring new worlds, perhaps even Earth.

So Trek as we knew it ended in Generations, and everything that followed is a figment of Picards mind, from within the nexus.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Picard and Kirk NEVER left the nexus. They're still there living in their own imaginary universe while the newly redirected ribbon is devouring new worlds, perhaps even Earth.

So Trek as we knew it ended in Generations, and everything that followed is a figment of Picards mind, from within the nexus.

Mind. Blown.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mind. Blown.

I could also say the JJverse is how Kirk remembers his youth.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I could also say the JJverse is how Kirk remembers his youth.
    :D

Should we then be worried that Kirk is having fantasies about Spock going back in time and saving his TRIBBLE?
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ooooohhhhhh _ _ _ _ !

I made a post about it before.

I never got a

"Hey you're an idiot ! Course everything is real"

More "Picard is sadistic LOLFACE!

No seriously OP , Star Trek never happened"

Kinda say really, I do wish someone would come up with an explanation.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Who knows then.

Lets just get ourselfs a Nexus mission with Whoopie Goldberg voiceover...

Unlock her hat as an outfit n such...
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I knew it! Thats why the ribbon has yet to come back in STO... i'm on to you sneaky devs..