test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan (Elite) Drones turn into other ships?

ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
At first I thought I was losing my mind.

When doing STFs, my Elite Rom Drones turn into Borg Probes.

Yesterday, when doing No Win Situation facing KDF, they turned into BoPs.

I'm assuming this is a bug, or is this WAI?
Post edited by ussultimatum on

Comments

• Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At first I thought I was losing my mind.

When doing STFs, my Elite Rom Drones turn into Borg Probes.

Yesterday, when doing No Win Situation facing KDF, they turned into BoPs.

I'm assuming this is a bug, or is this WAI?

Well, you are not going crazy... They've got holoemitters and use them to disguise themselves. The normal EC-Droneships don't do more then that, advanced and Elite use also some kind of scramble-sensor ability to make your enemies fire on each other.

You should try those drones in the Mirror-Event, you'll see a few Mirandas...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, you are not going crazy... They've got holoemitters and use them to disguise themselves. The normal EC-Droneships don't do more then that, advanced and Elite use also some kind of scramble-sensor ability to make your enemies fire on each other.

You should try those drones in the Mirror-Event, you'll see a few Mirandas...

Well, that's pretty neat then. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    pherraspherras Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh man I bet your face was priceless when you noticed that. I know my reaction would have been like WTF cool lol
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    pherras wrote: »
    Oh man I bet your face was priceless when you noticed that. I know my reaction would have been like WTF cool lol

I was wondering why the hell I couldn't target those probes as they tried to escape!!! lol. :P
  • Options
    corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is truly is amazing how many people do not read the description of the items they use.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corvalle wrote: »
    It is truly is amazing how many people do not read the description of the items they use.

I agree. Just get stuff w/o reading it. And all drone ships holo-emit

One guy bought the Tal Shiar Detroyer & found out when he used it that it didn't have a SingularCore. I was like wow "read what your buying". He was a Romulan toon by the way, said that the ship jus sits on his ship list now. Sorta krazy

-V
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously if you friggin pvp noobs, would just read the patch notes before crying hax.
    :D
    /joking i still love you uss
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the EC vendor version and love it when they look like elachi ships. Those ships are cool.