test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOFFs you would love to have

malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
Not so much in powers but in looks and uniqueness.

For instance, I would love a Tholian BOFF. Cryptic could even lock out the armor and weapon slots like with the ship equipment on the Enterprise-C, and just give the BOFF a radiation gun like the NPCs have, along with the encounter suit armor. Have it be leveling armor and damage, and you're done. I'm not seeing how this would be hard, all the art and animations exists for the character, so why not?

Or A Horta BOFF. Yes I know we have the pets, but this could be an actual bridge officer you can control. Again, locked weapon and armor slots, and maybe give it a few special powers like crush and burn or something.

Or Bynar BOFFs, two units, but always run around as a pair and only take up one BOFF slot and only need one set of equipment. Might come with cool computer hacking powers or something similar.

Anyway, what say the masses?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Post edited by malkarris on

Comments

• seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want a Boff that when you go into PvP has a 100% chance of removing excessive cheese and p2w console powers like some of the mobius stuff.

Just saying :p
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They'd need to balance any traits - they'd have to be competitive BOFFs otherwise there would be no return on the investment (it's work, it costs, it needs to generate revenue)...it would be harder than you make it out to be.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited July 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    Or A Horta BOFF. Yes I know we have the pets, but this could be an actual bridge officer you can control. Again, locked weapon and armor slots, and maybe give it a few special powers like crush and burn or something.

Or Bynar BOFFs, two units, but always run around as a pair and only take up one BOFF slot and only need one set of equipment. Might come with cool computer hacking powers or something similar.

Anyway, what say the masses?

I might just jump up and down like a kid at Christmas if a Horta BOFF were ever offered. It should have the little translator box attached, just like in Diane Duane's writing. Of course, I'd probably give into temptation and name it Naraht.

I'd be happy with a DOFF horta geologist.

The Bynars would certainly be unique. I'd be interested.

Might be fun to have First Federation BOFFs. They'd need to limit the height options, but could be doable.

I've said it elsewhere, but we need tripodal Edosians in the game. I'd prefer playable characters, but BOFFs would be good as well. At least for NPCs the wireframes already exist for tripodal, since the Undine are in the game.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    undine
    tribble
    hologram version of a past person of interest. Riker, Geordi, Scotty. Leonardo da vinci
    Q, turned human version...wierd things can happen (continuum meddling) space trait proc would be great.
    Changling that could be trained in any any class boff ability
    Transporter malfunction cross species boff
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would say Founders, Cardassians, Sulibans, Xindis (all 4), Medusans, El-Aurian, Female Gorns, Female Nausicaans, Female Letheans, Deltans, Cheronians, Vortas, Pandronians, Aquans, Skorrs, Voths, Selays, Antedeans, Anticans, Efrosians, Hirogens, Talosians, Edosians, Sheliaks, Chameloids.
  • similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just the ones that spring to mind, I'd like:
    • Human Augments - Balancing may be tricky...
    • Kriosian - Might just end up looking like a half trill with orion traits...
    • Na'kuhl - With their uniforms, of course...
    • Suliban - Preferably augmented ones...
    • Yautja - With all their appropriate equipment...
    • Xindi Insectoid
    • Xindi Reptillians
    Well being a medical ship and finally reaching the Chief Medical Officer title I'd like to have better medical personnel on ground missions especially.

Ocompa Nurse

EMH with a mobile emitter

El-Aurian counselor