test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Bug)TNG Split Bottom Palette *Resolved!*

13»

Comments

• somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol do the developers or the community managers even read these?

You're kidding, right?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, the Split Bottom abomination and the loss of the Soft Boots for men (especially for people who bought the TOS uniform) are the two biggest costume problems at the moment, and eminently noticeable. Incredibly, these two bugs alone are an absolute deal-breaker for prospective buyers of both the TOS and TNG uniforms! That represents very nearly the entire canon franchise! It's absurd; so absurd as to seem intentional.

You would THINK that if any of them have their own personal non dev accounts they play on that at least ONE of them wold be using the tng split bottom pants or soft boots and have noticed by now...
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What happened to the TNG split bottom pants ???

the material does not match with the uniform at all now...

and what is that swirly lacy thing near on the calves ??? you cant even change the color ??

give us back the original version of these pants please...this version looks AWFUL !!!!
    venetar90 wrote: »
    You would THINK that if any of them have their own personal non dev accounts they play on that at least ONE of them wold be using the tng split bottom pants or soft boots and have noticed by now...
    Have you seen the mechanics, "balance", and bugs that persist in this game?

Of course the Dev's do not actually play their product! *

* Note: This is a false statement. I've seen Devs in-game playing. I'm just being a frustrated customer and meanie-head.

:P

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • derf1337derf1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the free Trek Swag and all, but we can't wear it because the texture on the matching pants is still broken.

I've seen multiple threads about this but haven't seen any response saying that you're looking into it.
  • jure4jure4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same thing happening to me,when will this be fixed??
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm pretty surprised there hasn't been any word on this considering the nature of the first Summer Giveaway item.

I don't even know if this thread's *team is investigating* title is actually legitimate.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    I'm pretty surprised there hasn't been any word on this considering the nature of the first Summer Giveaway item...
    Oh! That's a good point! Doesn't the DS9 uniform use the same TNG Split Bottom Pants? This almost gives me hope... :o
    nynik wrote: »
    ...I don't even know if this thread's *team is investigating* title is actually legitimate.
    I dunno either. When I found this thread three weeks ago, it'd been alive for over 10 days, and it was already named that, but usually Bran (or whomever made the edit) will post in the thread, and there's been no official post about it, here. :(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They know for sure about this bug, but that does not mean they care.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Today I noticed the TNG split bottom pants on my character and BOFF's look weird. The lower parts of the pants have weird black swirly lines on them.

See here:
    http://i.imgur.com/dZQpvfB.jpg

I made the pants white to illustrate the issue, normally they're black but then you can still see the weirdness.

Is anybody else having this?

Yes, I have this issue too now =T.T=

Caitian Picard and his crew have been tainted by another glitch gremlin!
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've figured it out. This is a big prank. The DS9 uniform giveaway gave it away, so to speak. Today, they gave away one of only two Zen Store uniforms that absolutely require the one pair of broken pants in the game.

That's not a believable scenario, short of a conscious prank.

Very good, Implementors. You got me. Ha ha ha. Now, take one tiny moment amidst your laughter to simply copy and paste the correct texture back into the right folder. I'll do it for you, if you want.
    Greenbird
  • alridgerunneralridgerunner Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The "Soft Boots" have been bugged (or just eliminated) for nearly three months despite having bought them twice (TOS Uniform Pack and then the whole TOS Bundle). I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on the split bottoms.

Oh, and even the "free" item you're giving away today is bugged! The C-Store description for the Command Tunic specifically mentions that boots are included and they're even in the picture. Guess what, they're not there. Same with the DS9 uniform yesterday. The pants are bugged! You're giving away "free" things with broken parts. In other industries, that's not a good way to keep making money.
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The pants appear to be fixed now!
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sampa4 wrote: »
    The pants appear to be fixed now!

They are not.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ^^^ Yes. Still bugged. Nasty texture artifact on the trousers.

As to the TOS trousers they come with the Command Tunic, loose mid ankle, cut offs. Soft boots and TOS high boots appear for female characters but not for male ones. I don't have any other TOS stuff apart from the Terran Mirror uniforms.

Best option as a work around for males are the leather or combat boots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
    edited August 2013
    They are not.

They seem to be working for me!
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sampa4 wrote: »
    They seem to be working for me!

Then you're either very lucky or haven't changed that uniform via the tailor in a while. Is it possible you're using the All Good Things ones? Those and Troi's are the only ones that don't have a texture issue.

DS9, Next Gen Movie and Next Gen series all have a mismatched dirty texture for the trousers and what looks like a black rip on both lower legs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
    edited August 2013
    Let no one misunderstand: these two ostensibly minor bugs have ruined all the standard canon Fed uniforms. TOS and TNG costumes have no consistent quality whatsoever. And where they might have gone unnoticed, this giveaway has put a giant microscope on both of them. Brilliant job. Great way to sell a Trek MMO!
    Greenbird
    edited August 2013
    I've confirmed, I have the missing Soft Boots issue, too.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11898691&postcount=18

:(

edited August 2013
    chris919uk wrote: »
    Then you're either very lucky or haven't changed that uniform via the tailor in a while. Is it possible you're using the All Good Things ones? Those and Troi's are the only ones that don't have a texture issue.

DS9, Next Gen Movie and Next Gen series all have a mismatched dirty texture for the trousers and what looks like a black rip on both lower legs.

Is it possible that I am using the All Good Things ones... No, that is impossible as I have not bought that costume pack...most of my zen goes toward buying ships or more character slots! Also, I only JUST added the pants in question recently when the DS9 stuff was free!:eek:
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let no one misunderstand: these two ostensibly minor bugs have ruined all the standard canon Fed uniforms. TOS and TNG costumes have no consistent quality whatsoever. And where they might have gone unnoticed, this giveaway has put a giant microscope on both of them. Brilliant job. Great way to sell a Trek MMO!

I don't want to troll, but they just don't care about it.

They obviously are more occupied to make new lockbox stuff that doesn't have to do anything with trek, instead of fixing the much more iconic stuff. Thats obviously how things work at a MMO, releasing new "exiting" stuff for MMO players is always is more important than things that Star Trek fans care about.

Of course if you use the academy uniform trousers you can get a similar result but thats not the point, they should fix the TNG trousers, and the TOS boots finally.
    What kind of Star Trek game is this, where the real important things get ignored for the sake of stuff that only has little to do with Star Trek?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
    edited August 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    ...they just don't care about it...
    In my opinion, I honestly don't think they "just don't care". Rather, I think they have "more important" things to put their resources towards. And if that means their devs work on Lockbox stuff to make more money for the company, then that's what they'll do.

Costumes are unfortunately back-burner compared to making money.

I don't like it, but there ya go.

I'll continue to keep the costume issues alive, so they don't get forgotten while on that back-burner. It's really all we can do.

:(

• jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    Costumes are unfortunately back-burner compared to making money.

Costumes could be a huge money maker as well, especialy if they split packs up and sell each item seperatly Or in packs. Many players would like o have X item out of a pack but not everything else and 550 zen for just that single item is not worth the cost. break them up and each part gets an individual lower price and they would make far more sales just from those who wont buy the full set.

Once you have individual parts being sold then introduce a new one each month until theres a complete set then put complete set up so players that join after they are sold can either buy the full set or individual parts.

Add a new acessory category, capes, belts, badges, jewelry, hats and so on and so on.... can be sold. leave these as individual items but character only unlocks. and then have a group of 6 items that are account unlock.

They could make more money this way than they do with new C-store ships.

*Edit,
    According to the patch notes that just went up...

"The bottom of the TNG split bottom pants have been smoothed out."

Curious if they go the color fixed too.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
    edited August 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    ...According to the patch notes that just went up...

"The bottom of the TNG split bottom pants have been smoothed out."

Curious if they go the color fixed too.
    Based on what I'm seeing on Tribble the Split Bottom pants are fixed (wrinkles and colors/texture).

Still can't get Soft Boots though. :P

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for finding the time to fix these Cryptic.
    edited August 2013
    Thank you SO much! I can buy some stuff from the store now!

Best MMO out there. :)
    Greenbird
    edited August 2013
    I confirmed last night. TNG Split Bottom pants are fixed.

Woot!

This discussion has been closed.