test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Bug)TNG Split Bottom Palette *Resolved!*

nameisstolennameisstolen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Today I noticed the TNG split bottom pants on my character and BOFF's look weird. The lower parts of the pants have weird black swirly lines on them.

See here:
http://i.imgur.com/dZQpvfB.jpg

I made the pants white to illustrate the issue, normally they're black but then you can still see the weirdness.

Is anybody else having this?
Post edited by nameisstolen on

Comments

• mrfixitsmrfixits Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As of the July 11th patch the TNG split bottom trousers colour palette is bugged. The black has changed to a dark grey and not only makes them not match the TNG film outfit but also gives the trousers a sheen which makes the texture appear like leather.
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since today's patch - the TNG split bottom pants are glitched. They're the new Romulan pants from waist down - then mid calf they return to normal TNG pants - looking like a very bad stitch job was done. Very, very funky looking now.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I notice this today! Is really horrible now.. and is not going to be fixed... good job cryptic.. next what?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • pwylepwyle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The change in colour has had a side effect (at least on my system) of displaying what looks like a darker pattern around each leg of the trousers below the knees (possibly interaction with the boots???) - not a good look - it looks like embroidery on the trouser cuffs.

Please change this if at all possible.

Personally, rather than waiting for a fix, I paid the EC to change the uniform on my Capt and each BOff.
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup, I was looking as my 'stately' Vulcan Vice Admiral character, and it it looks like he's wearing worn out country-western jeans... with swirlys on the bottom...not sure what happened.

Glad its not just me being OCD :o
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes the material also no longer matches the shirts
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • tkothekdrtkothekdr Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This was posted in the Graphics and Sound support forum, but it belongs here, as well. The TNG Split Bottom Pants are now bugged, with the texture being off, resulting in the same color not matching the top, and there is also a distortion in the lower legs.

Example.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The boots are showing through.

Play Champions Online if you'd like to see more examples of the effect.
    <3
  • tkothekdrtkothekdr Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the quick acknowledgement of my post (and moving it to the consolidated thread).

Here's to hoping for a quick resolution to the issue!
  • nameisstolennameisstolen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I notice this today! Is really horrible now.. and is not going to be fixed... good job cryptic.. next what?

Who says it's not going to be fixed?

I hope they fix it soon, I recently bought the DS9 outfits and without these pants it just looks stupid.
  • qletremblaiqletremblai Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vulcanmonk wrote: »
    Yup, I was looking as my 'stately' Vulcan Vice Admiral character, and it it looks like he's wearing worn out country-western jeans... with swirlys on the bottom...not sure what happened.

Glad its not just me being OCD :o

That is absolutely hilarious lol. But yes I am having the same issue as well..the pants seem to have gotten longer and are clipping with the boots, which is causing the strange lines and the shine has increased causing the bad look...hope they get it fixed soon.
  • st3whiteknightst3whiteknight Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all,

Is it just me, or do the TNG trousers/pants have a funny colour bug when they are the cannon colour?
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hey, do you think you could post a screenshot of this, I think I found a similar bug!
  • irondukef234irondukef234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi, I seem to have a similar problem with the TNG trousers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88815555@N06/9284953936/
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, there are like dotted. If you test it withwhite, then you can see the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    R.I.P. TNG Split Bottom pants option.

First it was the Soft Boots, and now, the TNG Split Bottom pants. I can't even get the uniform right any more.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    R.I.P. TNG Split Bottom pants option.

First it was the Soft Boots, and now, the TNG Split Bottom pants. I can't even get the uniform right any more.

split bottoms are still there, they are just in a different selection option that you got to fiddle with to get correct. I use the split bottoms on my rom toon all the time as well as my boff's.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Oddysey split bottoms make an excellent substitute in place of TNG split bottoms
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      I had my bridge crew wearing them in white and it looked even worse. thankfully I have the DS9 admiral uniform and the pants from that are close enough.

(still a pain in the TRIBBLE.)
      It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    • feldanfeldan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      I am experiencing the same issue, however I do not believe that the boots are showing through. In fact it looks like some sort of "tribal" pattern if you will, that has been added to this skin (or was always there, just invisible). And the change in the color palette had made bad... worse.

Although I disagreed with calling them "TNG" pants, do to the fact that they are lacking "division colors" on the bottom yet the admiral's pants has it, the old style was a far sight better than these new ones.
    • justplainz3r0justplainz3r0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      Yes, there are like dotted. If you test it withwhite, then you can see the problem.

Yep, same issue for me as well.
    • c0sm1cch33s3c0sm1cch33s3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited July 2013
    • thextremev3thextremev3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      Same bug here glad its not just me xD
    • trekadicttrekadict Member Posts: 36 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      Same issue, since I bought the TNG romulan uniforms. But, DS9 admiral trousers work fine.
      Prime Minister of the Anglo-German Empire
    • st3whiteknightst3whiteknight Member Posts: 47 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      trekadict wrote: »
      Same issue, since I bought the TNG romulan uniforms. But, DS9 admiral trousers work fine.

Yeah that's what I switched too
    • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      I'm glad it's not just me that's having this problem....:(
      [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    • rckjdrckjd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      And another one to report the same problem. I deleted the texture files in the installation to redownload the newest ones using force verify in the launcher options. Same threadbare looking trousers.
      I did not purchase the TNG romulan outfits, this problem is not caused by that.
    • alridgerunneralridgerunner Member Posts: 29 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      First it was the Soft Boots...

They've been broken since May. Doing a search, I've counted over a dozen threads with zero response to this question. I know you guys have bigger fish to fry, but a simple acknowledgement of, "We've added it to the whiteboard" would be nice.
    • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      Apologies if there is already a thread regarding this. I did look but was unable to find anything.

What has happened to the TNG Split pants at tailors. They are just oh so wrong now. the texture, the color (yes I know you can change color) but there is also some kind of pattern to them around the shin ankle area.
    • rikevrikev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      I get the same issue with split pants. Annoying as I just changed my BOFF uniform to the TNG motion picture grey and used these pants in the costume. :(
      Hi, my name is Nigel. I'm your group's healer.
    This discussion has been closed.