What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So burnt out on the rep grinds...

13»

Comments

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alopen wrote: »
    Lotta drama in this thread. Yeah I agree the rep system sucks. But its being really overblown in this thread. First off, you do not need tier 5 rep to be competive in PvP. It definitely helps ;), but it isn't necessary. A good build will go along way. IMO hit tier 1 Omega and you can get borg space set. That is a good set right there (Yes I know its not the best). Its also really easy to get and probably only costs about the amount of dill you saved up while getting to 50.

None of the reps are necessary for PvE in the least. IMO the problem is that there really isn't much else to do besides the same PvE queues over and over again. So people do the same STF merely from a lack of options to do anything else. As has been said before, rotate games when you can't take any more STFs. Personally, I spend as much time as possible in PvP queues to avoid the drudgery of STFs. You only need to run one STF a day to move the 20 hr timer. I will admit that I wish they would lower the XP requirement. That way I could run them without having to grind mirror universe every few days (thats my biggest pet peave about reps)

Oh look another one with 'not needed' excuse. Please stop telling others what is necessary or not. Everything is optional in this game. But that doesn't mean that people can not suggest how to make rep grind more fun. Why? because at 50 there is nothing else to do other than grinding dilithium.
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ever do Molten Core 75+ times in the heyday of World of War-Craft to get your 40 man Guild Raid group prepped for BlackWing lair and beyond back in the day?

My point? Most MMOs 'endgame content' is constant repetition. Why? No team (even Blizzard's) can crank out new content fast enough to appease a rabid content consuming playerbase; and it's the only way (so far) that's been devised to keep players playing.

Again, not really trying to defend it per se; but if you feel this paradigm is unique to Cryptic MMOs, you're mistaken.

True. But in 3 years, we have had only two remotely difficult to complete things added to this game while older stuff like Terradome just kind of 'sits' there, still only giving substandard, blue Mk X rewards and there is no doubt that all the new stuff has made the Borg STF's progressively easier, not to mention the 'could do ISE in my sleep' aspect. While I appreciate that grind and repeatable content is really the only way to go to a certain extent, there are degrees to which this is acceptable and there are literally 1000s of foundry missions out there that could be made into weekly side story specials. DS9 had it's main story arc but it still managed to have 'break' episodes from time to time.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    True. But in 3 years, we have had only two remotely difficult to complete things added to this game while older stuff like Terradome just kind of 'sits' there, still only giving substandard, blue Mk X rewards and there is no doubt that all the new stuff has made the Borg STF's progressively easier, not to mention the 'could do ISE in my sleep' aspect. While I appreciate that grind and repeatable content is really the only way to go to a certain extent, there are degrees to which this is acceptable and there are literally 1000s of foundry missions out there that could be made into weekly side story specials. DS9 had it's main story arc but it still managed to have 'break' episodes from time to time.

Terradome is wickedly fun when you can actually find a group for it. It's a shame it just sits there being mostly forgotten. It could definitely use a reward overhaul and really should be put on the PVE listing with some sorts of marks choice reward.

There's a lot of content either long forgotten about or that could be added to make the rep system seem like less of an endless grind and more of a content exploration thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]