Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 2, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Do you think that they will post the dev blog about the scimitar before we die?

not if you are an Ocampan ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To head off the inevitable posts asking when the maintenance will end/how long is left on it, here's a countdown timer to when the scheduled maintenance end is.

Countdown Clock

Edit: updated to new link
  • Options
    evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The in-game warnings about downtime and when the server becomes unavailable is about 10 minutes off, just so you know.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited July 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    To head off the inevitable posts asking when the maintenance will end/how long is left on it, here's a countdown timer to when the scheduled maintenance end is.

Countdown Clock

Thank you, so much easier. Living in Australia i find both times given useless, Sometimes i can't even find the type of time-zones they list on the web. No idea why that happens.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Patched and ready. Now the difficult wait until 1700 and Scimitar time.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why cant you increase the perls rate on the flying high mission plese :)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    evs2011 wrote: »
    The in-game warnings about downtime and when the server becomes unavailable is about 10 minutes off, just so you know.

I've let the team who schedules these know and they will work on a resolution for the next maintenance. Thanks for the heads up :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've let the team who schedules these know and they will work on a resolution for the next maintenance. Thanks for the heads up :)

Don't. His heads-up was inaccurate. Server did *not* go down at 16:00 hours (my time) precisely, but, indeed, just as the announcer said, at ca. 16:09 (I wasn't around for the last minute). I know, because we just finished a Vault Ensnared in the nick of time, and it was 16:09 when I logged out.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon -

ANY word on the missing mail problem? Could you look into it? We've not had an update or acknowledgment since this post, where you said the most recent info you had was from the post the week before on June 20.

Also from Flyingtarg:
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    For the fix we will be performing, the 100 item limit will not be an issue. Rest assured that all of your items will be returned and will be in your mailbox.

So - any ETA on when all our items will be returned?

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why cant you increase the perls rate on the flying high mission plese :)

That would probaply NEVER hapen:D. In winter event, the amount was the same!

sry for spelling, non english dude
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The ship requires you to log in and compete almost every day. i'll be on vacations and can't get it :( wish i could.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh, and hey, Branflakes, or anyone who works for cryptic/Perfectworld, The events tab under reputation needs to have a way to clear events that are done if you did not have the time/resources to complete it before the event ended. my account still has a crystalline catastrophy event, and it won't go away.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Countdown Clock

lol, just lol. everyone, start whining!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    The ship requires you to log in and compete every day, missing only one or two days. i'll be on vacation and can't get it :( wish i could.

Um... what? The event allows you to miss 10 days and still get it, so as long as its not that long of a vacation you should still be able to get it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Um... what? The event allows you to miss 10 days and still get it, so as long as its not that long of a vacation you should still be able to get it.
    I have two vacations in that time.
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Not really, its 40 so you just need 25 days and the event ends on 15 of August, you can miss a lot of days as just need to do it 25 days.

well, for me, with a laggy compu, that's a lot. i edited my earlier post to be more correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    DAYS
    HOUR
    MINUTES
    SECONDS
    Untill STO is up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    see you in an hour 30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    3 hours..:/ Why? Always ,.. always on this time. Its not fair. I can't spend hours into the night and you are always eating away the time I actually can play.

* crying in a corner *
  • Options
    evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Don't. His heads-up was inaccurate. Server did *not* go down at 16:00 hours (my time) precisely, but, indeed, just as the announcer said, at ca. 16:09 (I wasn't around for the last minute). I know, because we just finished a Vault Ensnared in the nick of time, and it was 16:09 when I logged out.

With respect, I was kicked off a few minutes before the time maintenance was due to start and unable to log back in (message given was ''Sever is unavailable at this time''). Maybe it was just me, but given the message presented it seemed to not be an issue at my end. Regardless, I don't think there's any harm in checking even if it's a relatively minor issue, really.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Not really, its 40 so you just need 25 days and the event ends on 15 of August, you can miss a lot of days as just need to do it 25 days.

"Remember! Captains who participate in the "Flying High!" event 25 times before August 2nd, 2013 (35 days from the start of the event) will glide their way to a FREE Risian Corvette starship! Stats on the ship have been posted here."
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    dovahmaster1dovahmaster1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With respect, I was kicked off a few minutes before the time maintenance was due to start and unable to log back in (message given was ''Sever is unavailable at this time''). Maybe it was just me, but given the message presented it seemed to not be an issue at my end. Regardless, I don't think there's any harm in checking even if it's a relatively minor issue, really.
    you're not alone, I just got the game yesterday, and now, when I try to log in, it says "cannot connect to server"
  • Options
    gibsonguy99egibsonguy99e Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thank the lord that the patch includes a fix to installation 18! I seriously couldn't figure that one out. Sounds great, and I will await when it finishes updating. :)
  • Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How Interesting...

...I was able to log in and my toons were gone and the new toon creation screen was up, so I exited and tried again and timed out connecting to the log in server. Hmmm...are my toons still there and the launcher could not retrieve them, or did the update erase my toons? We will see once I can get back into the game.

EDIT: Had a look at 'Transfer Character' on the website and it says my toons are still there, so we shall see. Fun With Server Updates - see how the system errors!
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you're not alone, I just got the game yesterday, and now, when I try to log in, it says "cannot connect to server"
    Well duh! If you read the title to this thread you'd see that the server is "Down for Maintenance". No one can log in when the server is down!
    Wow!
  • Options
    prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Woo Hoo! I'm just glad you fixed Rinna lol More Favors will be nice as well =-D
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When is the Tier 5 romulan rep mission getting fixed for fed aligned rom players... we cant get it finished. This should be a priority of sorts no?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=768851

would love to see this fixed also :(
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Agree - I got the 10-minute warning, went to switch characters to finish my last race before downtime. It kicked me out and gve me the 'server is unavailable at this time' message at 10 minutes before.

I believe the login/switch character is being blocked at least 10 minutes before the server goes down. Those already in game may not get kicked before the appropriate time.

I've been on with friends who changed characters and couldn't get back in, but I've stayed on my character and played right up until the top of the hour. It used to be a couple of minutes beforehand; it does seem to have been changed to at least 10 minutes before.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you should never log back in when they are doing maintenance
This discussion has been closed.