test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

species-change token please

ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
edited August 2013 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
I want to change the species of one toon. Can you make a token for this? Have it give a species pick-list, then zero out all the existing traits and give a retrait token to learn new ones. 2000 zen sounds about right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want to change the species of one toon. Can you make a token for this? Have it give a species pick-list, then zero out all the existing traits and give a retrait token to learn new ones. 2000 zen sounds about right?
    This is a common request. Cryptic has said they're thinking about doing it, but it won't happen for a while (if ever). I wouldn't expect to see it before 2014, at the earliest.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013

thats abit pricy.

but yeah id love a species token. specialy if u are using a lockbox ship on a toon it would make more sense to be able to change species to match the ship. like a freighter captin etc..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thats abit pricy.

but yeah id love a species token. Especially if u are using a lockbox ship on a toon it would make more sense to be able to change species to match the ship. like a freighter captain etc..

Or just give us discounts on subsequent reputation grinds, no sense in getting 300000 reputation points on multiple toons when there are only 2-3 missions that you can play to get the necessary marks.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone seen actual dev postings on the subject, my searches aren't showing anything from an actual dev, only community provided dev 'quotes' and paraphrases on the subject.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • ncc97942ncc97942 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Q: (trekkietravis) Any chance of a "respecies" coming in the future? I'd like to make my human a liberated Borg and my Trill a Joined Trill.

Dstahl: We are considering it. While there are a lot of ramifications of doing so, the Trait System revamp was a step towards making this happen. It isn't on our short term schedule, but we do think it may happen at some point in STO's future.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=902711
  • qqafgqegqe4agqqafgqegqe4ag Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can get behind this idea.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm personally against this, as how do you really justify being able to change a character's species? That would be like being able to change a dwarf into an elf. I mean, if you're REALLY not liking your species, delete that character, and start with a new one, of a species you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope/wish that one day they will allow us to buy species-change token in C-Store.

I'm willing to pay even 2000 zen for it and would not mind if this token will be only as one time only & for only one character.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm personally against this, as how do you really justify being able to change a character's species? That would be like being able to change a dwarf into an elf. I mean, if you're REALLY not liking your species, delete that character, and start with a new one, of a species you like.

Whereupon you will lose all fleet ships, lockbox ships, bound items, reputation, and everything else?

That's a big enough disincentive to keep people from getting new character slots, let alone wiping and starting over entirely.

I believe stoleviathan99 had a good idea when he referred to it as being a pattern buffer accident with the transporter. If we need to cram in an in-story explanation... well, it's probably no worse than the crew of the Enterprise becoming 12 year olds due to a transporter accident.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2013

First off, are you ****** crazy lol. After putting in months of time, 10000s of dilithium, lockbox ships, etc (I personally have a JHAS) to just delete the toon and start over is just ridiculous, yeah bright idea.

Im sure many others like me it was their first toon and not knowing anything about the game just randomly picked a species and after playing the game for awhile and already put a lot of work into the toon realized that the species they choose wasn't the right one.

Cryptic really needs to add this asap.
  • rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Add me to this request! :)

+1 to what captainbailey said
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another +1. I've been waiting for this forever!
  • bradaighbradaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same here.

+1 for species change token
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    +1 to a specie-token.

-So my Trill finally can have her joining. :P
    /Floozy
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Make this happen already, Cryptic.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I've been thinking about this, and I think I've come up with a solution. Why not have it go something like this?

"All good things must end, and you've made the decision to retire from your career in Starfleet. Relying on your expertise, Starfleet Command has agreed to promote a officer of your choosing to your position."

We see mentor/mentee relationships all the time. Its not that big a leap to assume that SFC would allow an admiral/captain to choose his own replacement, provided that replacement is qualified. Its a nice workaround to actually replacing your own species with a new one.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    STO isnt a role-play game, I dont see any reason to impose it here.