test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Instead of new events and content, how about we resolve the ongoing bugs first

daedalus27daedalus27 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Right now the game is critically buggy for many players.

There is a launcher bug where you cannot get inside the game except by tricking the launcher to work.

The mail function in game is completely flawed with missing mails, duplicate mails, arbitrarily introduced attachment limites, and existing mails and message trapped in limbo.

Storage is at critical mass for many players yet more and more items are being added when we have nowhere to put them and solutions are being ignored.

STF and other missions are plagued by absent players milking hard working players effort to earn reputation rewards with no recourse.

Numerous other glitches and problems.

Why is new content that creates even more bugs layered on these old problems? It is far past time for a quality of life patch that fixes these legacy problems. I don't begrudge the occasional issue from time to time, but these problems should be fixed ASAP when reported or at least constant updates on when they will be resolved. Instead we have the developers ignore or vaguely acknowledge a problem (often on 3rd party communications sites) and then say nothing further. This glitchy game is quickly pushing me to consider my optiions and head elsewhere for my entertainment needs.
Post edited by daedalus27 on

Comments

• pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bug fixes are boring, repetitive and can occur at any time while most of the players won't even realize the fixes happened. Bug fixes don't keep people playing the game or generating any funding.

New events and content effect every player. They keep the players coming around the game and hopefully generate some funding.

Instead of "instead of" how about we get "along with"? ;)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    Bug fixes are boring, repetitive and can occur at any time while most of the players won't even realize the fixes happened. Bug fixes don't keep people playing the game or generating any funding.

New events and content effect every player. They keep the players coming around the game and hopefully generate some funding.

Instead of "instead of" how about we get "along with"? ;)

Pffft. new events don't affect the players who have broken games because of the bugs, BECAUSE they can't play those events. Of course ONLY Cryptic has the metrics and that ensures only they know how many are able to logon and play, and allows them to use the excuse that only a minority are affected by those bugs and not worth the premium effort to get them back into the game.

New content and events bring in new players who buy stuff, and as long as those numbers outweigh the broken gamers and those who don't buy lockboxes, nobody cares, except those in that catagory.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • yomatofanyomatofan Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a good idea, why doesn't Cryptic release exactly how much money they make on this game and exactly where its being spent. I bet less then 10% goes back into STO for game development.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic will never bother to fix the major bugs. I for one is somewhat pissed off with two bugs that really getting to me. In the meantime, I am unable to play it until it's fixed.

1. Unmuted on a channel cannot be fixed as it's bugged like hell!
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 .......
  • pharaoh6000pharaoh6000 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1...

Tailor bugs have stopped me from any future purchases until it's working again. The layering of new bugs atop old one is just too crippling when I'm hitting issues on a daily basis.
    3D Art of my Captain, MYRR TALON
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yomatofan wrote: »
    I have a good idea, why doesn't Cryptic release exactly how much money they make on this game and exactly where its being spent. I bet less then 10% goes back into STO for game development.

HAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAAHAHA....

...oh that was a good laugh.

There is absolutely no way that STO gets such a tiny amount, considering that CO gets maybe 1%. Maybe.

You guys get updates constantly. Fixes constantly. New content constantly. New costumes constantly. New ships, races, expansions, etc etc etc.

CO gets squat diddily.

Never say that STO doesn't get anything. NEVER.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ran across a costume bug for Romulans...can't use the off-duty uniform I got from Risa.
  • stanojoski1stanojoski1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1

so much true

Let us buy more bank / inventory slots

Create Fleet Cargo Bay where we can store items for further fleet projects (DOF's, Commodities etc...)
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ran across a costume bug for Romulans...can't use the off-duty uniform I got from Risa.

modify the costume, switch to head tab, and in upper right hand corner you should be able to switch to formal or off duty. The just switch to uniform tab and modify as you wish. Remember this can't be done with the first costume slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]