test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote on keeping Risa as it is in summer Event

13»

Comments

• rattraps123rattraps123 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope Cryptic keep the special event map and replaces the old one with it. We need to have something to do with out floaters I spent an entire weekend, getting my purple floater and helping my fleet mates and friends getting there. Put in Hover boards, hover boots, and a race track over the water and air around the island. and keep this Event.
    cSLYSLc.gif
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    um, this thread is a little behind the curve, They've already said they plan to keep the new Risa map in place, they're also keeping the original map so they don't break foundry missions that use it.
  • spectographicspectographic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I really enjoyed flying through the woods and the views are spectacular. I also would like to preserve the chance to fly the jetpack. :D

Thanks to the devs for considering if they do it ;)
    Fun is Obligatory!
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Absolutely in favour, I'm surprised normal Risa is still available, will they be merged or something?

As Cryptic seem to be inclined to keep it and everyone really wants that, I put in a second vote for a better reward next season. I haven't really bothered collecting the pearls because to be honest, I don't much want another starship I'll never use that is worse than most other ships. Don't get me wrong, nice idea and I'm sure lots of people love it but how about next time: Risan as a playable species of Boff! :)
  • javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, Please!!!

Kudos for such a great job on creating Risa!

It has a lot of future potential. I'd love it as a permanent social zone. Maybe a few games. Not too many, some thing have to be saved for next summer. I definitely want to keep my floater for getting around the islands.

What would really be great is a mission where you have to organize shore leave and a luau for your hard working crew.

Anyway, that's my vote. Thank you Cryptic folks for the fun.
    His methods have become unsound.
  • fearganfeargan Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    um, this thread is a little behind the curve, They've already said they plan to keep the new Risa map in place, they're also keeping the original map so they don't break foundry missions that use it.

FTW :D

*cough* How about a new PvP Map? *cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UNFOUND.NET
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Definitely keep it, but do give us something to DO there besides float around and look silly.
    I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
  • thenewtravelerthenewtraveler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I vote FOR... keeping the Event *map*! ^_^
    Here, as:
    Silviu-the-Medicthenewtraveler) for STF
    Irini Serenathetraveler82) for STF
    Iren Serenekthetraveler82) for RR
    Irhana de Orionisthetraveler82) for KDF
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree totally, they could even keep in the floater, dance and statue hunt as daily events but do it for dilithium of fleet marks or some such rewards.
    I would be sure to make it part of my daily routine to go there if they did this.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ill add my yes into the OPs support for keeping Risa as it is now. I remember the first time I went to Risa and saw an open map a couple of huts. I never went back this map will keep me coming back!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • zanth13zanth13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where did they say they are keeping the map as it is, jet packs going to work? etc, I keep hearing yes they are and i see no info.
  • chrismullins1987chrismullins1987 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have enjoyed the Risa map for the summer event but I would personally prefer it was only accessable during the Summer Event, like Winter Wonderland is Winter only.
    I don't want too much of a good thing.
    If I can go there whenever I want it loses its appeal.
    After 11 months or so I would be itching to go back, like I am with the Winter Event.

The old map does need replacing though, this one puts it to utter shame.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=951731

At 1:25 into the broadcast they confirmed that the map is staying around.

Research is your friend :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes!

'nuff said. ;)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • chezravachezrava Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes, I enjoy the new risa better