test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote on keeping Risa as it is in summer Event

apocalypse2001apocalypse2001 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
Many of you have already noticed that the Risa map in the event is what Risa should be like all the time. Parts of it were shown in TNG and especially Star Trek Enterprise.
There are building. Dance parties, beach parties, special, erm, 'attendants' :D a many many other areas to explore. Keeping it like this will make Star Trek Online even more enjoyable.

So if you want the devs to keep the regular boring Risa map like this, just post a 'yes' below and a comment saying what you liked about it.

Let's keep Risa the way it should be!! Vote now!!
Post edited by apocalypse2001 on

Comments

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the event map is waaay better than the normal map
  • Options
    rtiberiurtiberiu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, the landscape is great, please leave it after the event.
  • Options
    c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes from all 700 members of The Arcadia's Crew :)
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    General Ssharki glances up sleepily from his lounge chair.

"Yes please. I quite like it here."

Sips his Risian mai tai and admires a pair of Orion females drifting by on floaters.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    dbzvelenadbzvelena Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the new Risa map, I'll probably be enjoying this even every day!

Only thing missing (unless i missed it) is a mail terminal so i can send off my vacation postcards :p
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keep it clean.
    Don't litter.

Freakin' tourists :mad:
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lame either way. If I want to vacation ill do it in real life not some virtual world. Some people need to get a life.
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ill put my vote to keep it like it is for the event

the map is freakin sweet :cool:
  • Options
    brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree keep risa, but disable the vendors and missions after the event is over. Or atleast disable the rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys did a great job on it please keep it year round.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    startrekker22startrekker22 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes. . it is awesome
    " I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
  • Options
    pantsmaster916pantsmaster916 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Vote? Wtf? You think Cryptic is running a democracy?

Also, you apparently didn't read this Dev Post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11041451&postcount=104

Q: Will this overhauled Risa map remain accessible after the conclusion of the Lohlunat Festival?

A: Our current plan is to allow this map to remain active after the Lohlunat Festival ends. All of the associated Summer Event activities will stop being available, as will free access for Klingons, but the destination can still be used as a social map by Federation and Fed-Romulan captains.

* NOTE: This may change, and isn't currently set in stone.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes it is awesome. Please keep also the dance plattform with the dancers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, please lets keep this new risa map.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Support! Especially considering the effort it takes to obtain the higher quality floaters.
  • Options
    pantsmaster916pantsmaster916 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    apparently you missed the part where he said "This may change, and isn't currently set in stone."
    So if enough support is shown they will hopefully keep it.

Maybe my memory is foggy, but I honestly can't remember a time when the STO Devs did something solely because of player support.

And anyway, aren't "Petitions" like this in violation of some sort of forum guideline? Or am I thinking of a different forum?
  • Options
    maenaramaenara Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    YES!

I've been hoping they'd fix Risa since my first day in the game. Trash the old map and keep the event map!
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes please.

I was just now doing the Dance party with several other players, as the sun was setting on Risa and fireworks were bursting in the air. In a word, awesome.

You (Cryptic) guys did a fantastic job on this event addition of Risa and I absolutely hope it sticks around.

However...
    All of the associated Summer Event activities will stop being available, as will free access for Klingons, but the destination can still be used as a social map by Federation and Fed-Romulan captains.

I hope you will reconsider both of these. I know this is intended to be a special event for summer, but leaving the stores open and certainly the floaters will give people reason to return to Risa and just have fun earning some simple things.

And I say Risa, being close to the Klingon border, with people that openly welcome all, is neutral to all galactic conflicts and continues to extend it's hospitality to all who seek it.

In other words, leave it as a playground for all characters. :)
  • Options
    vasco56vasco56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Brilliant map. Please keep this and allow us to at least use the jetpacks with EVA suits
  • Options
    klytemnestra1klytemnestra1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the resort is great. I hope the resort is open all year long even if the summer event ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally want it!

In fact, would be nice if some of the missions could stay, like the daily race mission, but instead swap out the event reward with the standard fare of 480 dilithium ore. :D
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the new Risa. The old one kind of sucks.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, the rebuilding of Risa is done...very nice. Can be assume the old beach property will get the same treatment?
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just wanted to post that I love the new map, and I think you guys have really outdone yourselves. I came to this decision after a day of gliding around Risa, having a dance party, looking for some horgh'ans, and then relaxing on the beach at night, as the fireworks lit up the night sky.

Seriously, well done!
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • Options
    forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes. Great event and I hope to do it next year! :) It'd be great to swim, but I understand it'd probably be a lot of work to implement.