test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Zen is a Scam?

drachenhaut#3266 drachenhaut Member Posts: 48 Arc User
Sto seems to be getting into the habbit of letting people get screwed. I went to peanut labs for some free zen, did two offers. Completed said offers. Big surprise no zen. I contact peanut labs and provide all the evidence of the offers completed. Two days later they contact me and say you hit your quota for zen we can research for you. What the hell is their limit 0
Post edited by drachenhaut#3266 on

Comments

• zekeferrignozekeferrigno Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sto seems to be getting into the habbit of letting people get screwed. I went to peanut labs for some free zen, did two offers. Completed said offers. Big surprise no zen. I contact peanut labs and provide all the evidence of the offers completed. Two days later they contact me and say you hit your quota for zen we can research for you. What the hell is their limit 0

I think we can say their payout is *removes sunglasses*

...peanuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o
    Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. - Bubba
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To the OP, whatever made you think it wasn't a scam???? The whole thing from Peanut Labs has scam written all over it, you would have to be blind not to see it.

Honestly, if you want easy zen, just grind Dil for it, its like getting Dil is very hard at all....good luck.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried it too, and got the same results. My consolation prize was a daily dose of spam in my mail box. :/
  • pardusian141pardusian141 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Every time I see a way to "earn free *insert online currency here*" two things come to mind.

1. Moderate to High effort for little payout.
    2. Email spam....

I don't mind the email spam that much (gmail's spam filter is pretty nice) but what ticks me off is the amount of effort I would put in and I could calculate my payoff to be less than $0.80 per hour (if I was lucky).
  • captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And I have been trying to rake in some free Zen but now it seems they might be trying to make it harder for me because they don't seem to send as many surveys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
  • captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is the deal? I fill out this information for 20 blasted minutes and then they tell me " It might take some time to find you a survey!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
  • stonecold59stonecold59 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i agree i went to the peanut lab to for free zen..guess what i got none either, but nothing in this game suprises me anymore, its all one big ripoff, all they want to do is count there money they don't give a damn about the people in the game who keep this game going.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok, i'll try this again...your trying to "farm" a "scam company" for "free" zen right? or did i miss your point...what words there don't make any sense? all of them perhaps? Or using all of them in the same sentence...kinda makes me wonder why people can't see past their nose...its a scam...and it's never a good idea to try to scam the scammers.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Must not be doing something right, I get small amounts of free Zen all the time, the trick is not to fall into the marketed polls made to look like stupid questionaires and do the small zen videos, only 3 zen a pop but after a bit it adds up.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worst part is cryptic knows it is a scam and pushes it onto us....Nice salesmanship guys....I take it nobody there is a boyscout.:rolleyes:
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worst part is cryptic knows it is a scam and pushes it onto us....Nice salesmanship guys....I take it nobody there is a boyscout.:rolleyes:

Maybe it's a contract deal they have to push. I'd be curious to know what PWE's take is on it. If it is a contract deal they have, I say the minute it runs out the whole of STO should go pure Dil for everything and Zen's only use is to make more Dil.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • darkmyth77darkmyth77 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please stop third party Zen spammers from being able to in-game mail my character. I keep marking them as spam but they keep coming and no I have not gone into any of them. It looks like they are mass e-mailing everyone.
    "If it doesn't explode, you simply aren't trying hard enough."
  • cybershadow1cybershadow1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    catstarsto wrote: »
    I tried it too, and got the same results. My consolation prize was a daily dose of spam in my mail box. :/

i just made a spambox using gmail so i didn't have to give my real address but could still see offers that required validation

but i do agree that peanut labs need to be held accountable for their advertising and research partners and when you fill out a 20 minute survey and the last question says your disqualified i think they should be forced to pay up because of your wasted time and their lack of effective prescreening.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordevnlordevn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It has been pretty decent to me. But I just took a 45 minute survey only to be told I never qualified in the first place and would not be paid for it. Stay away from the one about jewelry.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a Gmail I use for anything that requires E-mail. I stay away from giving my real phone and address. I will do Facebook apps. But the majority of my Zen from PeanutLabs is made on Videos (about 48 a day right now) and currently up to 315 Zen from the last four days. I am working up to a goal of 1200 Zen, so I got 885 more to go.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • flightofcrimsonflightofcrimson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've managed to successfully do two offers.

One was simply to make an account on some random auction site, and another was to like a Facebook page to win One Direction tickets.

Not much luck with the others.
    Idealist.
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've managed to successfully do two offers.

One was simply to make an account on some random auction site, and another was to like a Facebook page to win One Direction tickets.

Not much luck with the others.

Yeah, it's not a scam. Like any marketing offer, you need to be careful which ones you pick.

Some of the marketing ones are legit (I got one for a Pepsi product for decent Zen). Wasn't able to complete the video ones on my iPad, though.

Just be selective which ones you pick, and don't give out any real phone #s or emails.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • locutasof1locutasof1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This feature is inaccessible at this time.

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
    advantage of this feature.

Thanks,

Perfect World Entertainment

i keep getting this message when i try and go to the survey page my account is several weeks old and what character are they talking about
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Free zen with Peanut labs is a scam
    they should not be endorsing this on there site but nothoing surprises me on how low cryptic/pwe will stoop to get the cash,
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikevrikev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The answer is to use AdBlock so you never ever ever see that TRIBBLE banner at the top of the forums again.

They rope you in with promises of free stuff, take your details and give little to nothing in return. A few people are able to game the system or hit it big so they rope others into the scam but a majority of players get shafted.

I've repeatedly made my voice heard over this but PWE do not care. It frankly tarnishes Crpytic's image that they will affiliate with a company whose market is about spam, cybercrime and scamming. Any of those sites or surveys could install keyloggers, remote control software or obtain information used to compromise your STO account through secret question answers or phishing.
    Hi, my name is Nigel. I'm your group's healer.
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not all Trekkies have left... we are just lifers who have been scammed out of our zen stipends by the same money grubbing liars at PWE. My money is gone and i have no zen to show for it... Cryptic say it is working as intended...so they meant to defraud us.
  • waweriwaweri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How on earth do you get so many videos? I would be lucky to have enough surveys and videos to get 40 zen a day.
  • stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    waweri wrote: »
    How on earth do you get so many videos? I would be lucky to have enough surveys and videos to get 40 zen a day.

I count myself lucky if I get one video per day. On the upside, I've had no problems with Peanut surveys paying out (if i don't get disqualified after spending 20 minutes answering questions).
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • archonphoenixarchonphoenix Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You just have to learn the system through trial and error. I managed to bank 2k zen in about 2 weeks when I first signed up.

Some pointers...

1. If you are actually giving out your main e-mail addy, you are doing it wrong. If you didn't EXPECT to be spam-bombed then stop reading right now, because you don't deserve any tips.

2. READ the instructions on the offers before you click the link to them. Often times there are prerequisites such as verifying your e-mail and then completing a survey that you may not complete and then expect to be paid.

3. The surveys located at the top of the 'earn zen' page virtually always pay out upon completion. Though you often have to qualify by answering questions first... again READ what the survey is about to determine what sort of people they are trying to find to sample.

4. Any offers that direct you to a page telling you to click on a banner (re-directing you again) is virtually always garbage and will not pay out any zen.

5. Inspect URL's upon being re-directed to the offer. Legitimate offers will almost always have a reference (REF) or affiliate hint in the URL which indicate they are tracking where to pay out zen according to the offer.

6. Anything paying out more than 150 zen that does not require you to actually purchase something or sign up for a 'free' trial using your CC info is almost always a bad offer. Your best bets lay in the 3-125 zen range.

7. Very low payout offers are usually good and even repeatable. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Jay-Z's cellphone music video now on my PC while watching TV.

Lots of people say dil grinding is far more effecient, but that is simply wrong. More reliable, yes. But I can complete a 98 zen survey in 15-20 mins max, where as my KDF toon takes an hour and a half to bank the 8k daily dil cap, which converts to approx 70-75 zen.

With these guidelines you should be able to augment your zen earnings fairly easily. Trial and error is still key, and even after completing a ridiculous amount of offers I still get taken by bad offers, hopefully this gives the rest of you something of an edge going forward.