test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mission: Out of Sight bug

theredviola2003theredviola2003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
During the mission "Out of Sight," when helping the test subjects by talking to them then they automatically beam one, the test subject Rinna Khev will not beam out. She just stands there making the mission impossible to complete.
Post edited by theredviola2003 on

Comments

• Options
    gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem.
  • Options
    theredviola2003theredviola2003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather like to complete this mission. It's stalling the leveling of my Eng captain in my awesome Sci ship that I'm enjoying so very much :(
  • Options
    gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got two characters down for the count. My romulan because he did not browse the tips at the ship requisition npc, now has his new ship mission bugged. So I cant go any further on him, even though he has his new ship. Gee I only have two max level characters, and I get punished for not browsing the ship store tips? Nice one. This mission on my Fed toon is bugged. Smooth. One toon stonewalled ok, two that tends to be irritating.
  • Options
    chumbktchumbkt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem on my lvl 47 klingon.
  • Options
    scaroth5scaroth5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. Funny thing this worked fine on two other toons..... :confused:
  • Options
    prkillerjrprkillerjr Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem.
    I'm a level 26 Federation Science Officer and there was also an error with The Undying Mission also where I heard My Female Tactical Officer talking with Tovan Voice over after I helped the Reman Ship escape which doesn't sound right.
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    prkillerjr wrote: »
    Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem.
    I'm a level 26 Federation Science Officer and there was also an error with The Undying Mission also where I heard My Female Tactical Officer talking with Tovan Voice over after I helped the Reman Ship escape which doesn't sound right.

I cracked up from that...also, they should change the background for your tactical officer to match whatever main faction you are a part of for that mission (Fed=Starfleet bridge, Romulan=Romulan bridge, and KDF=Bop or other kdf ship bridge!)
  • Options
    cjm810cjm810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same problem. I sent an e-mail to Customer Service, but not sure how hopeful I am to get a prompt response. I just leveled up to Captain (Fed) and now I'm basically stuck here. I tried to start the mission all over again, and then dropped/re-added it too. I have the same problem every time.

Admins, can we please get a bump on this?? Flaws that don't affect progression are somewhat understandable, but we're all stuck now, unable to move forward.
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This bug is discussed at length in another thread at the top of this forum:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=702261

It was broken last Thursday. Right now (and probably indefinitely, since Cryptic only fixes 5% of the bugs in the game) the only way to complete the mission is to bring along a Romulan character aligned with your faction.
  • Options
    serranostivlenserranostivlen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I'm not the only one who's run into this... I'm a Grade 28 Tactical Command officer with the Federation. I've been running around on Nimbus III doing those generous XP missions, and I run into THIS. They better fix this.
  • Options
    teekayoh1teekayoh1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having problems with Rinna Khev. All the others beamed up but when I'm done talking to her; she looks like she is hunched over. I went on to the other room to kill some npc's. I came back to find her laying down again. I tried talking to her again and the same thing happens. :mad: I'm stuck and can't go any further. :mad:
  • Options
    snowmane2snowmane2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    teekayoh1 wrote: »
    Having problems with Rinna Khev. All the others beamed up but when I'm done talking to her; she looks like she is hunched over. I went on to the other room to kill some npc's. I came back to find her laying down again. I tried talking to her again and the same thing happens. :mad: I'm stuck and can't go any further. :mad:

You need to team up with a Federation aligned Romulan player who has Tovan Khev as a Bridge Officer. Only that way will you complete the mission. Also, be sure to allow whoever you are teaming with to be the one who speaks with Rinna, NOT you.

Too many people are leaving teams once she's beamed out. DON'T! You still need to be teamed to complete the entire Installation 18 episode, including the space battle at the end.
  • Options
    ylemmaylemma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got the same problem on my Captain (31) Fed Engineer. Rinna just won't activate and trigger the next sequence in the mission.
  • Options
    jtomikajtomika Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

Installation 18 mission bug has been fixed. I managed to complete it during the weekend with my FLT character. Rinna will beam out.:)